Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Finally...my X5 M is on the ship...or not ?

Dealer told me today that my X5 M is already on its way to Germany but I have some doubts.

According to the data I have, my X5 M is going to be shipped March 6th and it is scheduled to arrive in Bremerhaven on March 20th with the Independence II (cargo ship).

I'm afraid this means that the X5 M won't arrive in time before our Easter vacation, so I'm going to pick it up at the dealer after I return from the US.

Actually I hoped for a mid March delivery but I guess I wasn't lucky. Smiley

At least the car is on it's way but I'm not going to see it for over a month. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: Finally...my X5 M is on the ship...or not ?

Congrats :)

Whoopsy:

Thank you. Smiley

Unfortunately I don't have a clue on what ship my X5 M is now.

If my dealer is right and the car has already been loaded on the ship and the ship already departed port, it has to be the Courage or the Don Carlos and not the Independence II.

As you can clearly see...I'm driving myself crazy now. Smiley Smiley

I tried to track the shipment with my VIN number but the shipment doesn't show up yet. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

congrats RC. it may very well be that they changed the vessel according to completion date. should be no problem for your dealer to get an update......

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

RC:

Thank you. Smiley

If my dealer is right and the car has already been loaded on the ship and the ship already departed port, it has to be the Courage or the Don Carlos and not the Independence II.

I tried to track the shipment with my VIN number but the shipment doesn't show up yet. Smiley

It's because Piech secretly stole your BMW to force you into buying a new Cayenne Turbo instead. he don't want you to get another BMW. haha.

Sounds awesome Smiley.

Congrats RC, can't wait for your review and pix SmileySmiley.

--
    Happy Driving

RC, if the shipment doesn't show up on the WW site, that means one of two things:

1.  It hasn't been loaded onto the ship yet

2.  They haven't updated it.  Sometimes it takes 4-5 days before it shows up on the WW website. 

Can you tell I have ordered many cars that I had to wait for?

RC:
    Whoopsy:

Thank you. Smiley

and better, WHERE is the ship..?!?!?!?

maybe is follow in the sea,or the boat is blocked by the ice somewhere around the world,or maybe some pirates take all, boat and carsSmiley

good luck RC!!!!Smiley

Smiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

good luck that the ship arrives fast

Now I have all the data I need, I know where my car is. 

The cargo ship Elektra with my X5 M on it is going to leave Charleston Port in the USA on March 8th.

Estimated arrival date in Germany (Bremerhaven) is March 22nd.

Unfortunately this means that I'm not going to be able to pick up the car at the dealer before our Easter vacation because it usually takes another 7-14 days until the car arrives at the dealership.

So no driving report (and no happy face ) until earliest April 10th. 

The "Elektra"

ship.png

Current position and speed. Smiley

ship2.png

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

My 335xi came on that ship :)

At least now you know where it is at all times 

Enmanuel:

Smiley Not sure if this actually helps because while my car is coming from the US to Europe, I am going from Europe to the US. Smiley This is Karma I guess. Smiley

My dealer promised to prep the car as soon as it arrives but from Bremerhaven, it takes the car at least 7-10 days to the dealer, so it is very likely that I'm not going to see it until after our Easter family vacation.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:
    Enmanuel:

My dealer promised to prep the car as soon as it arrives but from Bremerhaven, it takes the car at least 7-10 days to the dealer, so it is very likely that I'm not going to see it until after our Easter family vacation.

Thats not fair,, cancel the order, bud...Smiley..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Well, my dealer actually promised the car for March 1st but apparently BMW has a very limitied quantity of X5 M production slots available for Europe, nobody knows exactly why.

Apparently those who buy such an expensive SUV want something which also attracts a little bit of attention, so the X6 M is much more common in Germany than the X5 M.

I have a lot of work to do over the next three weeks, so maybe it is better I do not get the car before we get back from our Easter vacation. The weather will be, hopefully, nicer because right now we have more snow in Bavaria than we had the whole winter.

--

or look at it this way.....i am now at just above 1000 km and strted pushing it.....by the time you will receive your car we will know if mine held up or not

however, i am off to berlin tomorrow for the itb.....so won't be able to push further for the coming week......

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Conny already passed 2000 km and he didn't have a single problem with his car, so I'm pretty sure it is going to hold up just fine.

I need to make arrangements with my dealer, so when I return from our Easter vacation, I can pick up the car immediately without any delay.

Just can't wait...

Btw: any news on your M Driver's Package ? Is it already pre-installed or do you need to install it at 2000 km ?

Have fun in Berlin, I would have loved to meet you but Berlin is almost 700 km away from my place.

At least bring some nice weather with you, the current new snow is "killing" me.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:

Thank you. Smiley

It's because Piech secretly stole your BMW to force you into buying a new Cayenne Turbo instead. he don't want you to get another BMW. haha.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

I have a question about the 2000km service, or rather the lack of it.  BMW Australia has told me that there isn't one for the X5M.  Is this right or has someone made a mistake?  I have done 2200km.

I heard the same, no 2000 km service but I would definitely get an oil exchange, it can't hurt.

Not sure about the M Driver's Package yet. My dealer told me that it can be done after 2000 km only, apparently Conny (he is from Germany too) has the same information.

Sherif (intouch1) seems to have a different information, so we're not quite clear on that one.

--

Of course, there's no 2.000 km service needed and absolutely no recommendation to do it preventive.
    So far the service regulations in germany. Don't know it for other countries but why should they different?
    And: after 2.500 km with the X5M I've no measurably oil consumption. Thats perfect for me.
    So you musn't worry about the oil exchange.

The M Driver's Package can be done soonest after 2.000 km, thats for sure.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

On March 8th, my car has been loaded on the "Elektra".

The ship is making a stop in Baltimore today and then it goes straight to Bremerhaven where it is expected on March 23rd. I'm so excited...  

--

Conny, I don't seem to have oil consumption issue too which is great.  My C63 needed oil top up every 2500km (!) for the first 7500km.  And I don't mean that I just top it up a little, each time the low oil warning came on!

WAY:

Conny, I don't seem to have oil consumption issue too which is great.  My C63 needed oil top up every 2500km (!) for the first 7500km.  And I don't mean that I just top it up a little, each time the low oil warning came on!

Good to hear your X-M ist in a good state too.
    I'm confidently expect no ponderable issues even in the near future Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

RC:

On March 8th, my car has been loaded on the "Elektra".

The ship is making a stop in Baltimore today and then it goes straight to Bremerhaven where it is expected on March 23rd. I'm so excited...  

I can understand you so much....Smiley
    So you can expect your car at your dealer by end of march.

Your time of talking, listening and reading of the X5M comes to an end and will be substituted with your OWN experiences. Smiley

--
    Kind regards, Conny 

hey guys, am in berlin and weather is quite ok. cold but sunny....

yesterday walking in the arcade at the bottom of galerie lafayette, guess who walks past me in the opposite direction...

none other, than wenedlin wiedeking....i was gonna stop and shake hands but then this being germany, i just walked on thinking to myself that it was around 2 p.m and why WW is not at work ?

tonight we're off to dinner in the china club and than back to meetings tomorrow.

RC, you are right about the driver's package. my dealer wasn't sure and said he'd check...did not get back to me since (3 weeks ago)

in egypt you drink a lot of tea between a request and it actually getting done

--

Ive seen WW couple of times in Stuttgart. Always without any body guards, just very "privat". Sometimes he was out with his family.

Until 2 years ago I always thought he is "down to earth" but the VW dealer did show "megalomania" 

Well, not sure how down to earth he was lately, he was driving in a Maybach (while being CEO at Porsche). A nicely modded Cayenne would have done the job too but a Maybach ?!

Sorry, as much as I like him as a person and human being, he personally helped me out twice with car related issues, over the past one to two years however, he became Mr. Superman Porsche and probably thought that the world is at his hands (not in a negative sense). I'm sorry for him, he was one of the "good" guys and without him, Porsche wouldn't have survived but he was longing for too much and got the "payback" for that. 

Like my father always says: know the length of your nose (difficult to translate).

--

Guys, don't feel sorry for him.  Yes, he has given a lot to Porsche (and consequently us), but he has also been rewarded handsomely during his tenure. 

My X5 M (red circle shows current ship position) just left Baltimore port and is on it's route to Bremerhaven. 

elekra1.png

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 10:13 PM
    throt
    263655 1687
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/21/18 5:31 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    260593 4018
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/23/18 1:35 PM
    throt
    89759 1394
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67527 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39875 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23926 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13729 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7291 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548417 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456625 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446383 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254981 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247604 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1

231293 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213276 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175537 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot

165152 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    164506 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/23/18 1:31 PM
    throt
    141394 1226
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/23/18 4:11 AM
    Whoopsy
    139016 2857
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125036 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110809 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108111 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105677 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87271 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81722 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81485 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68500 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67179 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60368 131
    371 items found, displaying 1 to 30.