Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: My 991 C4S

CarreraAddicted:
    RC:

Congratulations. kiss

Stupid question: Why did you buy it in the Czech Republic? Just curious.

No Czech Republic but Romania (Porsche Bucuresti Nord)  Smiley

Check the first photos again. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X3 35d, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

"Porsche Zakaznici"  Zakaznici = Customers in  Czech yes

--

Hi!

Regarding the tires and wheels here are the informations for C4/C4S models:

19" front : same as C2/C2S : 8,5 x 19 ET54

19" rear : 11 x 19 ET48 instead of ET69 on C2/C2S : that means on the 22 mm wider C4/C4S the wheel is 1 mm further inside the fender

20 " front : same as C2/C2S : 8,5 x 20 ET51

20" rear : 11 x 20 ET52 instead of ET70 on C2/C2S : that means on the 22 mm wider C4/C4S the wheel is 4 mm (!!!) more inside the fender

These mm´s are for winter tires .... on C4S 305 summer tires the wheel on a C4/C4S is 1 mm further outside the fender compared to a C2/C2S

... and on C4 with 295 on summer the wheels are 4mm more outside (!!!)  the fenders.

Best

Gregor

--

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BMW X6 4.0d * Mini Cooper S Cabrio * 991 (02/2013)

Did you considered Spurweit Hinten numbers(1516mm for C2S and 1552mm for C4S) as well?

KresoF1:

Did you considered Spurweit Hinten numbers(1516mm for C2S and 1552mm for C4S) as well?

Hmmm ...  no .... not really ... hmmmm ....

36 mm more "Spurweite" means 18 mm on each side ..... the wheels would be too much outside the fenders compared to C2/C2S models  .......

On 19" that would mean 17 mm more outside and on 20" it would mean 14 mm more outside .... Smiley

Best

Greg

Edit : In the meantime I think on above numbers the new ET´s on the C4/C4S are already corrected by Porsche ( track width and body width is already included ) ???

--

Initial impression... The car is damn right fabulous. It is a more mature 911. Suspension setting is brilliant. Guys, we have really shitty roads around here but the car handles the potholes and the road imperfections with grace. Every little thing about the car was perfected. Polished. Whatever complaints I might have are only subjective ones: I don't like the center console and the exterior mirrors and I HATE Porsche for not offering a proper keyless system, one with a Start/Stop proper button. Also on a 150.000€ car with Navi you don't get a 50€ (not even 50€ actually...) rear view camera... Shame!

For me, subjectively, the sport car is gone. The 991 to me is something else. A hybrid. A mix between a coupe GT and a sports car. All the enhancements are biased towards comfort but almost unbelievable you can still feel the 911 soul deep inside, lurking, like a tamed beast. I really hope that on the right twisted road, in summer, I will be able to unleash the beast and have again a big grim on my face. Until then, bravo Porsche! An excellent product, perfectly targeted to the new type of customer. A really great car. It's not the car that is imperfect, it's me, dreaming too much of the past savage 911 beast.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

For me, subjectively, the sport car is gone. The 991 to me is something else. A hybrid. A mix between a coupe GT and a sports car.

That's exactly what I felt when drove the 991 for the first time...

--

Pentium, you have  perfectly summarized what the 991 has become . The only disagreement I have is to call it : perfect  . I am not sure  that it is a good idea to  take the car to be so much more comfortable and luxurious 

But, I suppose the GT3 will become more and more a road ( DD) sports car , replacing the ''carrera S'' and for the hard core it will be the RS .

Like you , I really don't like the center console . It does not go in the car the way it is . It should either be much thinner and more ' technical' or not be there at all.

Anyway, enjoy your fantastic car as it seems it will do the job for you to ' nearly' perfection 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Pentium:

Initial impression... The car is damn right fabulous. It is a more mature 911. Suspension setting is brilliant. Guys, we have really shitty roads around here but the car handles the potholes and the road imperfections with grace. Every little thing about the car was perfected. Polished. Whatever complaints I might have are only subjective ones: I don't like the center console and the exterior mirrors and I HATE Porsche for not offering a proper keyless system, one with a Start/Stop proper button. Also on a 150.000€ car with Navi you don't get a 50€ (not even 50€ actually...) rear view camera... Shame!

For me, subjectively, the sport car is gone. The 991 to me is something else. A hybrid. A mix between a coupe GT and a sports car. All the enhancements are biased towards comfort but almost unbelievable you can still feel the 911 soul deep inside, lurking, like a tamed beast. I really hope that on the right twisted road, in summer, I will be able to unleash the beast and have again a big grim on my face. Until then, bravo Porsche! An excellent product, perfectly targeted to the new type of customer. A really great car. It's not the car that is imperfect, it's me, dreaming too much of the past savage 911 beast.

Even if it feels more comfortable, the beast is still inside and the 991 is by far faster than the 997 under almost any circumstances. Just wait for spring time... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

For me the 991 is the perfect all day, all purpose sports car. The 997 with PDK is a very good Porsche but its suspension even with PASM is still crashy and harsh on less than perfect pavement, which is encountered in most countries outside the highways. The 991 is very composed by any standards.

The steering of the 991 is not nervous but still accurate and a joy to place the car. Often, hard and harsh suspension and nervous steering are mistaken for sportiness, but these are leftovers from a previous automotive era when a car could either handle well and be hard or ride well and be civilized. In the 991 you get both handling and comfort.

Even in motor racing prototypes and even F1 cars that are made comfortable are driven faster.

The fact that we are debating the width of the centre console proves the perfection of the car in other crucial areas.

The 991.2 will be the car to buy, when the e-steering will be further honed and the +30PS of the expensive powerkit will be included in the basic specification.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

The 991.2 will be the car to buy, when the e-steering will be further honed and the +30PS of the expensive powerkit will be included in the basic specification.

--

"Form follows function"

... but what a pity ... when 991.2 arrives the basis price includes the costs of the former powerkit already :-(

Best

Gregor

--

In the case of the 997.2 S the power was increased to 385 PS as standard compared to the 997.1 Powerkit of 381 PS (+15.000 EUR), but the basic price hardly changed.

Same thing happened with 996.2 (320PS) compared to 996.1 Powerkit (320PS).

I hope this trend continues on the 991.2.

--

"Form follows function"

Pentium, congratulations on your beautiful C4S. Enjoy and be safe!

Thanks for your write ups and pictures. Appreciated.

--

'13 991S - Plat/Silver-PDK-PDCC-PASM-SC-PSE-CS whl/plat

Yesterday. 911 km done Smiley

911km.jpg

--

Wow...911 km already. angel

Are you satisfied with your choice? More photos please. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

Yes, I am. It's a great car. To me a perfect daily driver with a little bit of everything.

There are some strange things for a 140.000€ car but I will comment on those after Christmas and are not dealer breakers or something.

--

reginos:

For me the 991 is the perfect all day, all purpose sports car. The 997 with PDK is a very good Porsche but its suspension even with PASM is still crashy and harsh on less than perfect pavement, which is encountered in most countries outside the highways. The 991 is very composed by any standards

--

"Form follows function"

Trust me 997/2 with PASM is limousine like in ride comfort compared to the non PASM 987 Cayman. But yes, still very firm. As a result of breaking off diplomatic relations with my local Porsche dealer they refused to let me try a 991 to compare.....Smiley

--

Porsche 997 Carrera S PDK Aqua Blue / Black - Toyota Yaris D4D  "Clockwork Rat"

Congratulations, Pentium, magnificent car you have there. Smiley

--

Congratulations and Enjoy, Pentium. I am looking froward to seeing the 991 C4S in the US. Dealer is telling me January for Coupes and late February or early March for the Cabs.

--

2006 997 C2S Cab, Triple Black,  2006 Cayenne Titanium Iceland Silver Metalic New York

I thought you guys may want to know some minor things that I don't like about the car:

1. no rear view camera (should come with one if you pay for navigation and full park system like I did)
    2. no light in the central armrest (even that I selected the extra option for internal lighting system)
    3. no ext right mirror park assist without memory package (the right ext mirror doesn't automatically lower when in reverse if you don't buy the memory package)
    4. no lumbar support (should be standard or extra option for ANY of the seats not only on the seats with memory package)
    5. no high beam assistant (automatic turning on and off the high beam depending on the situation)
    6. turn signal should be on the exterior side mirror
    7. weak implementation of the key less system (I didn't order one because of that).

--

I got flamed for spec'ing parking sensors!!! Porsche has always been behind the curve when it comes to comfort options. The PCM system is a good improvement over 997.1 - except the email\message option only works with SIM installed - not over bluetooth. Don't understand why I can't rip MP3 to the jukebox from my iPhone - or CDs either? Not sure why, but my car sounds almost exactly the same as one with PSE when using sport plus. So glad I saved £1700 by not ordering PSE.

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

so true , so so true 

Its the Gen 2 when it comes out will be the one for the lets say non car racing Porsche 911 drivers 

bridggar:

I got flamed for spec'ing parking sensors!!! Porsche has always been behind the curve when it comes to comfort options. The PCM system is a good improvement over 997.1 - except the email\message option only works with SIM installed - not over bluetooth. Don't understand why I can't rip MP3 to the jukebox from my iPhone - or CDs either? Not sure why, but my car sounds almost exactly the same as one with PSE when using sport plus. So glad I saved £1700 by not ordering PSE.

We still haven't seen any photos of your 991 yet Bridggar.........Smiley

--

bridggar:

Get a Blackberry Z10 and the email will be shown on the PCM. Smiley

Just relax...I have an iPhone 5 too but it is true, my Z10 allows the PCM to show the mails on the display. Not sure however how useful this is, no HTML and no photos will be displayed, just plain text.

I can also assure you that there is a huge difference between PSE and non-PSE equipped cars. Unfortunately the 991 interior is pretty well isolated and even with the window cracked open, you barely hear a difference. However, people outside the car will hear the difference very very well...maybe too well. Smiley

I have a similar problem with my PSE equipped Panamera Turbo S. Inside the car, I can actually not hear much difference between PSE turned on or off. Even if I have the windows open, incl. the sunroof. Outside the car however, people always turn around when I accelerate even only a little bit and I already got my usual "middle finger" too, which clearly indicates that the exhaust note is indeed very noticeable. 

--

RC:
    bridggar:

Get a Blackberry Z10 and the email will be shown on the PCM. Smiley

Just relax...I have an iPhone 5 too but it is true, my Z10 allows the PCM to show the mails on the display. Not sure however how useful this is, no HTML and no photos will be displayed, just plain text.

I can also assure you that there is a huge difference between PSE and non-PSE equipped cars. Unfortunately the 991 interior is pretty well isolated and even with the window cracked open, you barely hear a difference. However, people outside the car will hear the difference very very well...maybe too well. Smiley

I have a similar problem with my PSE equipped Panamera Turbo S. Inside the car, I can actually not hear much difference between PSE turned on or off. Even if I have the windows open, incl. the sunroof. Outside the car however, people always turn around when I accelerate even only a little bit and I already got my usual "middle finger" too, which clearly indicates that the exhaust note is indeed very noticeable. 

--

You bring up a good point - I wish Porsche would offer a dedicated PSE button on the Cayenne. I absolutely love the sound the thing makes but I don't like having to put the car into full-on Sport mode to enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I love the heavier steering and additional feedback, but I don't want to have to trade comfort off for a little aural spectacle. My Boxster S has PSE and I always flick it on and drive around in normal mode for a comfortable ride with that delicious note burbling behind me. The Cayman, 911 and Panamera offer dedicated switches for it too, so why not the Cayenne?

Just something that's always been on my mind.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

my tail-lights arrived..4S style  :-)IMG_3143.JPG

boubou:

I like the new light show. Smiley Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    boubou:

I like the new light show. Smiley Smiley

Me too, If only they'd join them just a tiny bit more so it looks like a continuous strip of light, I'd be absolutely perfect. 

so it's possible to fit the C4 light strip to a C2 .. how much?

Congratulations Pentium!

The Espresso natural leather is truly a superb choice.Smiley

Enjoy it in good health!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 10:13 PM
    throt
    263655 1687
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/21/18 5:31 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    260593 4018
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/23/18 1:34 PM
    bridggar
    89759 1393
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67527 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39875 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23926 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13729 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7291 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548417 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456625 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446383 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254981 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247604 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1

231293 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213276 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175537 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot

165152 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    164506 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/23/18 1:31 PM
    throt
    141394 1226
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/23/18 4:11 AM
    Whoopsy
    139016 2857
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125036 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110809 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108111 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105677 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87271 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81722 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81485 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68500 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67179 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60368 131
    371 items found, displaying 1 to 30.