Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

RC:
    keithos27:

Not a fan of those new wheels... prefer the Turbo S CL wheels personally

I do not like the Sport Classic wheels either, don't know why.

So far, I think that the Turbo S CL wheels look best but I wish I could get them painted in black. Smiley

I actually like the new GT3 wheels most but I'm not so sure how they would look on the new Turbo. Anybody talented enough to try a Photoshop job? Smiley

Different people-different taste since I totally hate design of Turbo S CL wheels. Shiny polished upper surface + black inner color and that messy spyder design look aftermarket to me.

They look quite good live, I thought the same before I saw them on the actual car. Still don't like the silver color though. Also they wouldn't look too good with the smaller Turbo standard brakes in my opinion, they look good in conjunction with PCCB. The Sport Classic looks...too classic. The wheel is too "massive" for the more delicate new 991 Turbo design. I also don't like the fact that by choosing CL wheels, I have to go with CL winter wheels as well, making the winter wheel set very very expensive (aprox. 7000 EUR or so). Ouch.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

The new Turbo turned out to be quite an impressive machine. Really like it, especially in black. 

RC:

The Sport Classic looks...too classic. The wheel is too "massive" for the more delicate new 991 Turbo design. 

Interesting that you say that. I felt (from pictures, of course) that the new turbo looks quite "heavy" and "big" - that's why I even felt that more massive rims might look better Smiley

Autocar video: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-new-porsche-911-turbo-s-driven

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S - 1995 BMW318ti

KresoF1:

Different people-different taste

Absolutely! 

So I see in the US Config that clear taillights, reverse camera, and sport classic wheels are now options.  When are the sport tailpipes going to become an option?

keithos27:

So I see in the US Config that clear taillights, reverse camera, and sport classic wheels are now options.  When are the sport tailpipes going to become an option?

Shouldn't take too long but keep in mind that even the above mentioned options won't be available for the first batch of cars. Of course everything should be retrofittable...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S (Sept. 2013), Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

MKSGR:
    RC:

The Sport Classic looks...too classic. The wheel is too "massive" for the more delicate new 991 Turbo design. 

Interesting that you say that. I felt (from pictures, of course) that the new turbo looks quite "heavy" and "big" - that's why I even felt that more massive rims might look better Smiley

When I saw the 991 Turbo S for the first time live, it was standing next to the old 997 Turbo S. The new Turbo S does not look heavy and big, the wider rear in conjunction with the slim tail lights actually makes the car looking more delicate. At least compared to the old one. 

I hated the Turbo S CL wheels when I saw them for the very first time on photos but seeing them live, I changed my mind. I just don't like the silver color but this is something I always hated (all my cars have black painted rims).

--

Mikla:

Autocar video: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-new-porsche-911-turbo-s-driven

Re-post. The same video has been posted a couple of posts earlier.

--

RC:
    When I saw the 991 Turbo S for the first time live, it was standing next to the old 997 Turbo S. The new Turbo S does not look heavy and big, the wider rear in conjunction with the slim tail lights actually makes the car looking more delicate. At least compared to the old one. 

That's good news Smiley

Short review up on Evo site

991 turbo is a fantastic car

BUT it should have 0-300 for 27 secs. It's the aim for the competition. 30-33 secs is not up-to-date. and 0-200 for 8.5 secs.

DEAR Porsche engineers, please tune up 991 turbo s for 620 hp to run for such figures! and you would get hundreds of additional buyers!

artur777:

BUT it should have 0-300 for 27 secs. It's the aim for the competition. 30-33 secs is not up-to-date. and 0-200 for 8.5 secs.

DEAR Porsche engineers, please tune up 991 turbo s for 620 hp to run for such figures! and you would get hundreds of additional buyers!

We will see these figures from the "40-years-Porsche-Turbo" special edition due next year. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

lor:

Short review up on Evo site

link?

www.evo.co.uk   my copy paste won't work,sometimes can't eve post here on RT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSm_NNs4P-E

same guys  from before but with english this time ,,, didnt know  what was the  other language 

RC:
    keithos27:

Not a fan of those new wheels... prefer the Turbo S CL wheels personally

I do not like the Sport Classic wheels either, don't know why.

So far, I think that the Turbo S CL wheels look best but I wish I could get them painted in black. Smiley

I actually like the new GT3 wheels most but I'm not so sure how they would look on the new Turbo. Anybody talented enough to try a Photoshop job? Smiley

Here you go Smiley

137780134425801.jpg137780134427302.jpg

--

Is it just me or do the GT3 wheels look just perfect on the new Turbo S? no

--

Rossi:
    artur777:

We will see these figures from the "40-years-Porsche-Turbo" special edition due next year. Smiley

You will see maximum 600 hp from the facelift and the engine is "done". 992(?) Turbo gets a completely new engine.

--

artur777:

0-200 kph in 8.5 seconds? Are you crazy? Not even the upcoming 960 is supposed to have that kind of performance. This is almost 918 territory. The facelift may hit 0-200 kph 9.8 or 9.9 seconds (on paper) but thats it.

Competition? What competition? I just see the MP4-12C, which is slightly more expensive (in some countries substantially more expensive) but cannot compete with the new 991 Turbo S in the daily driver capability department. I doubt I am going to see a McLaren in winter time in Bavaria. Smiley As a whole package, there is no substitute for the 991 Turbo S right now.

The 991 Turbo S has no real competition and I'm afraid this is the reason why Porsche didn't try harder. They had to do something about the handling and oversteer and they did but in the performance department, there isn't really a competitor out there. Maybe with the upcoming next gen R8 but I actually doubt it (at least not the base model).

From 0-100 kph, not many cars will be able to keep up with the Turbo S, most of them won't even do that. Have you read the review from Autocar where they claimed that up to 90 mph, the MP4-12C was slower than the new Turbo S?!

Have you seen how much money Mercedes asks for the SLS GT? Which isn't even close to 991 Turbo S performance? Even the Black Series is slower.

Competition? Please name one. Ferrari F12? Different price category and no AWD (speaking of daily driver capabilities). Nissan GT-R? Are you kidding me? So where is the competition, I cannot see it?! Smiley

--

lor:

evo nailed the problem of the turbo S. super-fast, super-engineered but soul-less. nobody NEEDS a super car, there must be something very sensual in it to make one want the car .....other that raw speed and acceleration. if i spend so much money (it is almost in F458 and MP4-12C territory) i want sensual excitement whenever i see and drive the car. flying under my neighbors radar of envy is good but definitely not good enough. but to each his own....

peter

moo:
    lor:

evo nailed the problem of the turbo S. super-fast, super-engineered but soul-less. nobody NEEDS a super car, there must be something very sensual in it to make one want the car .....other that raw speed and acceleration. if i spend so much money (it is almost in F458 and MP4-12C territory) i want sensual excitement whenever i see and drive the car. flying under my neighbors radar of envy is good but definitely not good enough. but to each his own....

peter

The excitement happens during driving... Smiley

--

RC:
    moo:
    lor:

peter

The excitement happens during driving... Smiley

i can send you a few audio files of the 458 which you can pipe into the turbo S to enhance the sensual load----))))

Smiley 4

You don't seem to understand: Over here in Germany, I get middle fingers and raised fists from people on the sidewalk because of my Cayenne GTS or the 991 Carrera S Cab I drove recently. In the 991 Turbo S, I can actually fully accelerate and nobody cares, which for ME is a huge relief. Unless you want to provoke, which can get very unpleasant over here. Attracting too much attention isn't healthy...for various reasons. Unless you really WANT it (which I don't).

--

This is what I hate here in Germany. People are so jealous as if you stole your money from their grandparents or something like that. My BMW dealer told my a while ago that Germany is the only country where 90% of the customers with bigger engines try to hide that. If you drive with a McLaren through one of Germanys big cities, nobody thinks that you must be a smart guy because you have made so much money. Instead they think that you're an asshole because you have more than they. They don't think about that you have worked +60hours a week for years, while they had sit on their ass and watched tv. Wrong country for supercars. I totally understand RC. 

RC:

You don't seem to understand: Over here in Germany, I get middle fingers and raised fists from people on the sidewalk because of my Cayenne GTS or the 991 Carrera S Cab I drove recently. In the 991 Turbo S, I can actually fully accelerate and nobody cares, which for ME is a huge relief. Unless you want to provoke, which can get very unpleasant over here. Attracting too much attention isn't healthy...for various reasons. Unless you really WANT it (which I don't).

RC,

my native country is austria and i do get a lot of thumbs-up and 'please rev it for me'  when i go around in my 458 in vienna. it does make me embarrassed sometimes and i don't like people take pictures of my car, but it is NEVER middle fingers and raised fists.  so after all i am lucky and i appreciate that it is different where you live. but anyway, the really important gauges are the speed cams and they do not distinguish between your turbo S and my F458.

in any case, the turbo (S) is a fantastic technological accomplishment of a carmaker which we all love.  i would have just liked it to be more......sensual.

surely the 960 will fill that description for both of us.

peter

RC:
    Rossi:
    artur777:

You will see maximum 600 hp from the facelift and the engine is "done". 992(?) Turbo gets a completely new engine.

When is the facelift scheduled to arrive, as 15 or 16 model year??

moo:
    RC,

my native country is austria and i do get a lot of thumbs-up and 'please rev it for me'  when i go around in my 458 in vienna. it does make me embarrassed sometimes and i don't like people take pictures of my car, but it is NEVER middle fingers and raised fists.  so after all i am lucky and i appreciate that it is different where you live. but anyway, the really important gauges are the speed cams and they do not distinguish between your turbo S and my F458.

in any case, the turbo (S) is a fantastic technological accomplishment of a carmaker which we all love.  i would have just liked it to be more......sensual.

peter

Vienna is a big city but I live in a relatively small city with a very high percentage of workers (lower middle class). A Ferrari would be a disaster for me. People over here care way too much about others and while I actually couldn't care less what they think about me, I have two kids and I don't want them to get in trouble because of me. So far, me and my wife managed everything pretty well, we succeeded in keeping the envy level as low as possible, for the benefit of our kids. If we attract too much attention, things could change. We even forbid our kids to show off their vacation photos because their friends usually go camping or visit their grandparents during their vacations, while ours spent their time in New York and Las Vegas. You get the point...

--

RC:
    moo:
    RC,

peter

Vienna is a big city but I live in a relatively small city with a very high percentage of workers (lower middle class). A Ferrari would be a disaster for me. People over here care way too much about others and while I actually couldn't care less what they think about me, I have two kids and I don't want them to get in trouble because of me. So far, me and my wife managed everything pretty well, we succeeded in keeping the envy level as low as possible, for the benefit of our kids. If we attract too much attention, things could change. We even forbid our kids to show off their vacation photos because their friends usually go camping or visit their grandparents during their vacations, while ours spent their time in New York and Las Vegas. You get the point...

yes, i get the point. i knew of course that small town is different....but so different...... rather shocking.

anyway, i am sure there is much to enjoy about the turbo S.....just take care of those grey boxes close to the road...

p

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 10/13/18 7:49 PM
    lukestern
    388788 5041
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 10/14/18 11:37 PM
    watt
    316525 1950
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 10/19/18 2:38 PM
    CGX car nut
    226818 2606
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines

208194 1067
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 10/19/18 3:16 PM
    GnilM
    179146 2642
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 10/19/18 7:21 AM
    Kobalt
    108851 2231
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    29872 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13164 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12526 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    611603 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    512509 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    482011 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    273513 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/19/18 2:45 PM
    dreamcar
    256375 2566
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    190408 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 10/19/18 7:21 AM
    RCA
    183817 1646
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/15/18 10:07 AM
    WhoopsyM
    174973 3187
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    141908 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 10/7/18 8:43 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    135887 2187
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126730 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111016 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    105983 871
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM