Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

RC can you suggest any ideas for obtaining AMG parts in US?

Hi, I have an E55 being built in November and there are a few things that I would like to try and get for the car. I tried emailing achim_stoll@web.de as suggested by the AMG club web site, but I haven't gotten any positive reposnse.

Here are the items that I would like to find and I saw all but the last item listed in AMG brochure on AMG club web site:
    1. Child seat like you (RC) have in your E55
    2. F1 steering wheel
    3. Type IV 5 spoke 19" multi-piece wheels
    4. Carbon trim to replace the wood
    5. Is there are AMG racing seat like for CL55 for E55?

Any idea for contacts in USA or even people in Germany that can sell and ship to the USA?

Thanks
    Tony Kitowicz

Re: RC can you suggest any ideas for obtaining AMG parts in US?

Hi Tony,

the only chance (I know so far) to get the parts is to come to Germany and pick them up. Sorry, I wish I could help you more.
    The baby seat shouldn't be a real problem (however I'm not sure if AMG sells the US E55 with Isofix connections in the rear???) and even the steering wheel should be possible to obtain through somebody in Germany.
    But I'm not sure the carbon trim is available without install by AMG and the Style IV rims apparently require some serious overworking of the wheel housings and other changes, so I'm not sure you can use them without problems. Another thing: the Style IV wheels are not approved for 300 kph (188 mph) speed raised cars yet, the tires don't have clearance. But I suppose this doesn't matter in your case.
    I don't remember that there is a racing seat for the CL55 but there is no such thing for the E55.
    There is a strong rumor of a SL55-like Performance Package for the E55 but don't expect it before spring 2004. This Package is rumored to include the 19'' wheels, bigger brakes and an additional oil cooler.

I can only give this recommendation to everyone who's interested in AMG parts: schedule a European vacation, ship your car to Germany (if cost doesn't matter by plane, otherwise by ship), leave your car with AMG for a week or two, get all the goodies installed and ship your car back to the US.
    Personally, I can highly recommend the steering wheel, the modified gearbox ECU blackbox, the limited slip differential (a MUST, it improves traction substantially!) and the 19'' wheels (which look great). AMG also offers various HiFi Systems, a DVD changer, a Video entertainment system, etc., only money is the limit.

Hi Tony,

the only chance (I know so far) to get the parts is to come to Germany and pick them up. Sorry, I wish I could help you more.
    The baby seat shouldn't be a real problem (however I'm not sure if AMG sells the US E55 with Isofix connections in the rear???) and even the steering wheel should be possible to obtain through somebody in Germany.
    But I'm not sure the carbon trim is available without install by AMG and the Style IV rims apparently require some serious overworking of the wheel housings and other changes, so I'm not sure you can use them without problems. Another thing: the Style IV wheels are not approved for 300 kph (188 mph) speed raised cars yet, the tires don't have clearance. But I suppose this doesn't matter in your case.
    I don't remember that there is a racing seat for the CL55 but there is no such thing for the E55.
    There is a strong rumor of a SL55-like Performance Package for the E55 but don't expect it before spring 2004. This Package is rumored to include the 19'' wheels, bigger brakes and an additional oil cooler.

I can only give this recommendation to everyone who's interested in AMG parts: schedule a European vacation, ship your car to Germany (if cost doesn't matter by plane, otherwise by ship), leave your car with AMG for a week or two, get all the goodies installed and ship your car back to the US.
    Personally, I can highly recommend the steering wheel, the modified gearbox ECU blackbox, the limited slip differential (a MUST, it improves traction substantially!) and the 19'' wheels (which look great). AMG also offers various HiFi Systems, a DVD changer, a Video entertainment system, etc., only money is the limit.

Hi RC,

Thanks a lot!
    I will check with a different dealership here about the child seat. I am living in kind of a rural area now so things go pretty slow around here.

I think I can get the steering wheel, but would like to have the carbon trim. Also the new ECU program sounds like a must have. Maybe this spring is a good time to travel to Germany

Thanks
    Tony Kitowicz

PS Here are a picture of the AMG seats I am talking about. They look a lot like the Porsche GT3 seats and would be fun to have for the E55.

Hi RC,

Thanks a lot!
    I will check with a different dealership here about the child seat. I am living in kind of a rural area now so things go pretty slow around here.

I think I can get the steering wheel, but would like to have the carbon trim. Also the new ECU program sounds like a must have. Maybe this spring is a good time to travel to Germany

Thanks
    Tony Kitowicz

PS Here are a picture of the AMG seats I am talking about. They look a lot like the Porsche GT3 seats and would be fun to have for the E55.

Tony, maybe I'm wrong but to my knowledge AMG doesn't offer such seats, neither for the CL55 nor for any other AMG model.

Tony, maybe I'm wrong but to my knowledge AMG doesn't offer such seats, neither for the CL55 nor for any other AMG model.

I thought that AMG sold a pacecar cl55 version with some modifications...harnesses and this seats??

for a luxury car like the cl a bit overdressed, I think!!??

I thought that AMG sold a pacecar cl55 version with some modifications...harnesses and this seats??

for a luxury car like the cl a bit overdressed, I think!!??

Are you talking about the F1 version? I'm afraid the parts are not available seperately.

It is pretty sad: a few years ago, AMG had the freedom to do much more stuff at customer demand. Nowadays they're bound to Mercedes quality and safety standards, not to talk about enivronmental issues like emissions and noise levels.
    I'm afraid DC cut off AMG's heart, as strange this might sound.

Are you talking about the F1 version? I'm afraid the parts are not available seperately.

It is pretty sad: a few years ago, AMG had the freedom to do much more stuff at customer demand. Nowadays they're bound to Mercedes quality and safety standards, not to talk about enivronmental issues like emissions and noise levels.
    I'm afraid DC cut off AMG's heart, as strange this might sound.

What if one opts for European delivery and have AMG do the upgrades. Will MB allow the car to be shipped with all these upgrades?

What if one opts for European delivery and have AMG do the upgrades. Will MB allow the car to be shipped with all these upgrades?

thanks RC, I thought about F1-CL, you are right...

Interesting that it's not possible to buy this seats to put them in your cl...

thanks RC, I thought about F1-CL, you are right...

Interesting that it's not possible to buy this seats to put them in your cl...

RC, can you please comment on some of the "amazing" stuff AMG could do? Mercedes quality and standards to comply with,c an only be a good thing, no?

RC, can you please comment on some of the "amazing" stuff AMG could do? Mercedes quality and standards to comply with,c an only be a good thing, no?

Quote:

Max, according to my talks to AMG, it is not possible to have these upgrades with European Delivery.
    Reason seems to be that they're not certified for the US market.
    Only (legal?) possibility seems to be to have your car registered in the US with US license plates and then to ship it back to Germany. Your car must have entered the US before, including US registration and license plates.
    Don't ask me why things are so complicated, I don't know.

Quote:

Max, according to my talks to AMG, it is not possible to have these upgrades with European Delivery.
    Reason seems to be that they're not certified for the US market.
    Only (legal?) possibility seems to be to have your car registered in the US with US license plates and then to ship it back to Germany. Your car must have entered the US before, including US registration and license plates.
    Don't ask me why things are so complicated, I don't know.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 10:13 PM
    throt
    263655 1687
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/21/18 5:31 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    260593 4018
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/22/18 11:18 PM
    absent
    89759 1381
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67527 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39875 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23926 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13729 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7291 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548417 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456625 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446383 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254981 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247604 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1

231293 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213276 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175537 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot

165152 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/22/18 9:09 PM
    turbolite
    164506 1073
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/21/18 10:49 AM
    RCA
    141394 1220
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/8/18 12:32 PM
    rhino
    139016 2855
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125036 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110809 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108111 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105677 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87271 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81722 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81485 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68500 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67179 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60368 131
    371 items found, displaying 1 to 30.