Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread



    Re: Cayenne SUV sales fell by nearly half

    i saw the thread title and figured this would be a thread from nick

    Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames. If only somebody could convince them to cut the Cayenne line altogether. Then add more HP to the Cayman and at least double its price as they cut its volume to a third. Convince them that 40 years of history is an unrepeatable fluke so the 911 should be put to pasture with the Cayenne. If only one man could convince them, the company would be saved, REAL sportscars would prevail and peasants couldn't soil the image of the brand because they couldn't afford the cars. What else did I miss?

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    lol, you pretty much nailed it

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames



    i've got nothing to add

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Cayenne sales down while Hummer H3 sales were a smashing success during the same quarter. Go figure that one.

    Porsche blamed the overall sales drop on Katrina, saying explaining that the Florida dealerships suffered customer delivery delays.

    But that doesnt explain Cayenne sales cliff jumping.

    Maybe its overpriced, underequipped and not seen as fresh, new and attractive by buyers. The new price increase surely didnt help Cayenne sales.

    I always thought it was a mistake for them to not push cayenne v6's and v8's with manual transmissions, a bit more offroad content and looks to give it a sportier dual purpose look and feel. Instead they went the show truck route with uber expensive options.

    Usually Porsche sales do great when real estate values are rising. Maybe their fall is telling us something.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    I'm confused, why is Porsche 'in an unrecoverable tailspin'?
    Forbes says: "Porsche saw improved demand for its Boxster 987 and 911 Carrera models". That doesn't look like a tailspin to me.

    Oh, the cayenne doesn't sell anymore? Well, f*ck it. Maybe they'll just kill it. I'm tired of all the twats buying cayennes to show off.



    Edit: Heh, i'm slow. That was a Nick impersonation

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    brunner said:
    I'm confused, why is Porsche 'in an unrecoverable tailspin'?
    Forbes says: "Porsche saw improved demand for its Boxster 987 and 911 Carrera models". That doesn't look like a tailspin to me.





    The German press release says that Oct. 04 was the best selling month ever for cayennes in US/Canada. Therefore this base effect should be considered if comparing Oct. 05 sales figures. Cayenne sales for Oct. 05 = 1,208 units (average previous months 1,100) - so the Cayenne sales figure seems not to be a big surprise. However, the big SUV party may come to an end even in the US, where customers have started complaining about rising fuel prices.

    Sports cars have showed increasing sales: Carrera 924 units (+ 16% vs. Oct. 04), Boxster 571 units (+ 257%).

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    Stephen said:
    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames. If only somebody could convince them to cut the Cayenne line altogether. Then add more HP to the Cayman and at least double its price as they cut its volume to a third. Convince them that 40 years of history is an unrepeatable fluke so the 911 should be put to pasture with the Cayenne. If only one man could convince them, the company would be saved, REAL sportscars would prevail and peasants couldn't soil the image of the brand because they couldn't afford the cars. What else did I miss?


    Monthly comparisons are very misleading, because they are skewed by model introductions throughout the year. The important metric is total annual sales, annual revenue and annual profit!

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames



    i've got nothing to add



    Hopefully nothing will happen to Porsche but it sounds like Compaq Computer revisited.
    They became a power house and bought out Digital Corp. and there you have it they went down.

    They need the Cayenne facelift sooner than later, IMO.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Cayenne sales down while Hummer H3 sales were a smashing success during the same quarter. Go figure that one.

    Porsche blamed the overall sales drop on Katrina, saying explaining that the Florida dealerships suffered customer delivery delays.

    But that doesnt explain Cayenne sales cliff jumping.

    Maybe its overpriced, underequipped and not seen as fresh, new and attractive by buyers. The new price increase surely didnt help Cayenne sales.

    I always thought it was a mistake for them to not push cayenne v6's and v8's with manual transmissions, a bit more offroad content and looks to give it a sportier dual purpose look and feel. Instead they went the show truck route with uber expensive options.

    Usually Porsche sales do great when real estate values are rising. Maybe their fall is telling us something.



    Jim,
    Was your post also meant to be parody of Nick's typical contributions, like some of those above it, or are those your own views. Hard to tell the difference.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    Stephen said:
    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames. If only somebody could convince them to cut the Cayenne line altogether. Then add more HP to the Cayman and at least double its price as they cut its volume to a third. Convince them that 40 years of history is an unrepeatable fluke so the 911 should be put to pasture with the Cayenne. If only one man could convince them, the company would be saved, REAL sportscars would prevail and peasants couldn't soil the image of the brand because they couldn't afford the cars. What else did I miss?



    You actually missed DRIVING the current Porsche models. I couldn't disagree more regarding the Cayenne and whoever drove a Cayenne Turbo would agree with me.

    And of course you're missing another thing: Porsche sold more than double the predicted figures of the Cayenne. So even with half the sales, the Cayenne is still profitable.
    There are two problems regarding the Cayenne: the expected facelift (which was expected for 2006 but apparently has been delayed for 2007) which made dealers order less cars and customers wait with orders and of course the higher fuel prices which put a lot of pressure upon SUV sales worldwide but especially in the US.

    Believe it or not but Porsche expected a drop in sales, some were even surprised how well the Cayenne is still selling. The future of Porsche is actually building around 100000 cars per year, maybe 120000. This includes all models, the 997, the 987, the Cayman, the Cayenne and of course the upcoming Panamera. Especially now, the Panamera makes for sense than ever. I know a lot of Porsche owners who bought a Cayenne and owned a limousine before. They surely want to go for a Panamera sooner or later.

    I really don't understand why some people are demanding "REAL" sportscars from Porsche. They HAVE real sportscars available and others will be added to the 997 model line. If you're really claiming that the 997 isn't a "REAL" sportscar, you INDEED missed something. Driving fun.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Ummm. RC, I think you overlooked Stephen's "Subject" headline.

    He was practising the art of irony.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Ummm. RC, I think you overlooked Stephen's "Subject" headline.

    He was practising the art of irony.



    Damn...I knew it. Fell for it...again.
    Too many posts on the Cayman forum, see what happens?!

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Ummm. RC, I think you overlooked Stephen's "Subject" headline.

    He was practising the art of irony.



    Damn...I knew it. Fell for it...again.
    Too many posts on the Cayman forum, see what happens?!



    Hahahaha! mental note to self: stay outta the Cayman forums... or i'll end up like RC

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    Stephen said:
    Whatever will Porsche do now? They are in an unrecoverable tailspin and the whole ship will go down in flames. If only somebody could convince them to cut the Cayenne line altogether. Then add more HP to the Cayman and at least double its price as they cut its volume to a third. Convince them that 40 years of history is an unrepeatable fluke so the 911 should be put to pasture with the Cayenne. If only one man could convince them, the company would be saved, REAL sportscars would prevail and peasants couldn't soil the image of the brand because they couldn't afford the cars. What else did I miss?



    1 more thing Stephen... Ask their salesmen to use some of this on their customers...

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    I believe that is standard equipment for all of Porsche's employees.

    Re: Let me beat Nick to the punch....

    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Ummm. RC, I think you overlooked Stephen's "Subject" headline.

    He was practising the art of irony.



    Damn...I knew it. Fell for it...again.
    Too many posts on the Cayman forum, see what happens?!





    ...and this irony wasn't even subtle ... announced in advance ...

    It's okay RC, you can't catch them all.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 10:13 PM
    throt
    263655 1687
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/21/18 5:31 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    260593 4018
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/22/18 4:34 PM
    throt
    89759 1380
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67527 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39875 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23926 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13729 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7291 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548417 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456625 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446383 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254981 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247604 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231293 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213276 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175537 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    165152 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 12/15/17 1:44 PM
    RCA
    164506 1072
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/21/18 10:49 AM
    RCA
    141394 1220
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/8/18 12:32 PM
    rhino
    139016 2855
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125036 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110809 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108111 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105677 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87271 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81722 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81485 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68500 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67179 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60368 131
    371 items found, displaying 1 to 30.