Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Last NEWS from 997Gt3.com corrispondent Tiziano "Butzi"

    This morning in Verona 997gt3.com corrispondent met Walther Rohrl :

    The new 997 Gt3 model is ready to be OFFICIALY PRESENTED from the manifacturer ,this week the car will be on Naples (costiera Amalifitana ? ) for offical pictures .....

    tecnical CONFIRMED specs :

    3800 cc , the engine is the OLD dry sump engine used in the 996 Gt3 , 415 HP CONFIRMED !!!!!!!!!!!

    the New 997 Gt3 runs in the Nurburgring Nordschelife in about 5 seconds less then 996 gt3 and 9 secods faster then F430 F1 (driven by Walther Rohrl) .


    the last week press relise is just a fake

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    now to return to sleep,we need only the price tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!



    MEE TOOOOOO .......

    HAHAAHAHAHH



    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Your the man Sergini
    Thanks for the good news 415hp is ok for me.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Fantastic!! Thanks for the heads up!

    Thats impresive, both the power figure, I expected 400HP. And also the lap time, 5 secs better than 996GT3 puts it just under 7:50! fo4 a 415HP car!! thants better than a Gallardo with 500HP...

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks so much, nice pic!!

    thanks sergini, now lets see if that mk1 rear wing is not present in the new gt3 (I would like something similar to the RS wing)

    thanks agaian for the information!!

    I love rennteam btw!!

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Wonder if they can at least keep the weight the same though!

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    911 GT3 (2003) 7.54 min
    Carrera S (997) 8.05 min
    GT3 RS 7.47 min
    Gallardo 7.52 min
    M3 CSL 7.50 min

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    sergini said:
    9 secods faster then F430 F1 (driven by Walther Rohrl) .





    the official time of 430?

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Duncan said:
    Quote:
    sergini said:
    9 secods faster then F430 F1 (driven by Walther Rohrl) .





    the official time of 430?



    There is no such thing as an official time of the F430.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!


    Any word on PSM?

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    There is no such thing as an official time of the F430.



    There is just the one Walter Röhrl claimed "unofficially" and it wasn't at all impressive. But of course Walter Röhrl works for Porsche and I give Ferrari the right to doubt the result WR achieved.

    I heard that german SPORT AUTO tried hard to get one F430 for a supertest but I'm not sure they had success til now. But I also heard that they may be willing to take a customer car instead...so if there are some volunteers...

    The only thing I heard from one of our more reliable sources is, that the F430 was slowlier than the 997 Turbo during various handling tests. Of course I can't confirm it and we should just wait until the new 997 Turbo shows up.

    Regarding the 997 GT3: the "old" engine design has been confirmed for a long time, I think we mentioned it over here a few weeks ago. The only thing we don't know is if the 997 Turbo engine will be based on the same engine design. But it would be only logical and the engine we saw at the factory also didn't look at all like a M97 engine with turbo chargers.

    A last word regarding the price tag of the GT3: I think it won't be wrong to speculate that the new GT3 will be in the 115000 Euro range, incl. 16% german VAT. PCCB will not be a standard option, I'm afraid. Compared to a 997 Carrera S with powerkit, I think that the 997 GT3 will be a pretty good deal.

    The release date hasn't been changed yet, rumors still indicate march/april 2006.

    Like we said a while ago, we're expecting the official press release pretty soon, end of this month or sometimes during december.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    .....as far as i heared the F430's been tested along with the Zonda F last month......!???!

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    leihort said:
    .....as far as i heared the F430's been tested along with the Zonda F last month......!???!



    By SPORT AUTO? Would be great news. If true, I hope Horst v. Saurma was able to get a car which has NOT be prepared by a bunch of Ferrari engineers for the testing.
    Don't get me wrong: the F430 is in my opinion the most beautiful and perfectly balanced Ferrari they ever built in this price range but I also hope that Ferrari is honest enough to allow independent testing of a stock car.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    RC, will the new 997gt3 have that mk1 style rear wing???...Or is just "camuflague" (which I doubt)

    That rear wing reminds me of the mitsubishi evolution (I think the evo7......so many models, one gets confused!!, don't like it, may be time will change me of mind )

    That rear wing shown in all these 997gt3 pics is the same as the new aerokit right???, I think so.....


    BTW; what about those carrera gt seats, will they'll be in the new gt3??, or just testing with them??

    okok, too many q's!!
    thanks

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    I think a 5sec improvement over the MkII is not that impressive, given the new body kit, suspension development, and additional power & torque. My guess is that it weighs significantly more than the MkII

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    RC-
    what could ferrari really do to an F430 to make it faster? the engine isnt going to spontaneously put out more power; i think only grippier tires would do it.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing we don't know is if the 997 Turbo engine will be based on the same engine design. But it would be only logical and the engine we saw at the factory also didn't look at all like a M97 engine with turbo chargers.




    Did it look something like this?

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    I CAN'T WAIT!

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing I heard from one of our more reliable sources is, that the F430 was slowlier than the 997 Turbo during various handling tests. Of course I can't confirm it and we should just wait until the new 997 Turbo shows up.




    If Röhrl where right the F430 F1 would do the NBR in around 7:58, 2 seconds slower (!) than the 996TT with 420hp tested five years ago!

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    bostonmini said:what could ferrari really do to an F430 to make it faster?



    They can pick a car with a "healthier" engine instead of just one from the production line, they can adjust suspension settings that are adapted for the ring instead of the stock setting, they can play with types of tires like fitting corsas, etc... makers can do many things to the car they supply, instead of just supplying a random standard untoughed car from the showroom.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing I heard from one of our more reliable sources is, that the F430 was slowlier than the 997 Turbo during various handling tests. Of course I can't confirm it and we should just wait until the new 997 Turbo shows up.




    If Röhrl where right the F430 F1 would do the NBR in around 7:58, 2 seconds slower (!) than the 996TT with 420hp tested five years ago!



    It wouldn't be fair to consider Rohrl's times on the F430-F1, we don't know how hard he was trying I think it will do better times personally, maybe around 7:50 ... but for some reason we still haven't seen a Nurburgring/Hockenheim SportAuto test of the Enzo or F430

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing I heard from one of our more reliable sources is, that the F430 was slowlier than the 997 Turbo during various handling tests. Of course I can't confirm it and we should just wait until the new 997 Turbo shows up.




    If Röhrl where right the F430 F1 would do the NBR in around 7:58, 2 seconds slower (!) than the 996TT with 420hp tested five years ago!



    It wouldn't be fair to consider Rohrl's times on the F430-F1, we don't know how hard he was trying I think it will do better times personally, maybe around 7:50 ... but for some reason we still haven't seen a Nurburgring/Hockenheim SportAuto test of the Enzo or F430



    That's also what I would expect, about 7:55 or so. The Modena did a 8:09, with street tyres and 400 hp. The CS with basically the same engine, chassis tweaks and Corsa tyres achieved 7:56.
    So I would guess the new 4.3l-V8 with 490 hp, the new electronic suspension and street tyres should be as quick as the CS and if you'd take the Corsas, that should rub off another 10 sec or so.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing I heard from one of our more reliable sources is, that the F430 was slowlier than the 997 Turbo during various handling tests. Of course I can't confirm it and we should just wait until the new 997 Turbo shows up.




    If Röhrl where right the F430 F1 would do the NBR in around 7:58, 2 seconds slower (!) than the 996TT with 420hp tested five years ago!



    It wouldn't be fair to consider Rohrl's times on the F430-F1, we don't know how hard he was trying I think it will do better times personally, maybe around 7:50 ... but for some reason we still haven't seen a Nurburgring/Hockenheim SportAuto test of the Enzo or F430



    That's also what I would expect, about 7:55 or so. The Modena did a 8:09, with street tyres and 400 hp. The CS with basically the same engine, chassis tweaks and Corsa tyres achieved 7:56.
    So I would guess the new 4.3l-V8 with 490 hp, the new electronic suspension and street tyres should be as quick as the CS and if you'd take the Corsas, that should rub off another 10 sec or so.



    This sounds reasonable. Somewhere in the range of the Gallardo, i.e. 7:50 to 7:55.

    However, Ferrari should aspire to showing better numbers! A 996TT (introduced in 1999!) with x50 and x73 and current production tires would likely produce a NBR time in the range of 7:45 to 7:50. I.e. the old TT is still faster than the current Ferraris and Lambos... Not to mention the 997TT (or even 997TTS) around the corner.

    Obviously, most Ferrari customers do not complain about that as a Ferrari offers a full bunch of emotions to the driver. Efficiency is not everything.

    However, I consider it highly impressive that Porsche can develop and manufacture cars that are so efficient and quick

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    However, I consider it highly impressive that Porsche can develop and manufacture cars that are so efficient and quick


    One reason may be, that Porsche is more focussed on the laptime at the Ring than the others?

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    However, I consider it highly impressive that Porsche can develop and manufacture cars that are so efficient and quick


    One reason may be, that Porsche is more focussed on the laptime at the Ring than the others?



    That is probably true. On the other hand the NBR is the perfect proving ground as it matches real-life road situations so well.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    That's also what I would expect, about 7:55 or so. The Modena did a 8:09, with street tyres and 400 hp. The CS with basically the same engine, chassis tweaks and Corsa tyres achieved 7:56.



    So I guess a similar tweak in tires and chassis tweaks but the same 3.9l M97 engine thru extrapolation may comparitively yield less than 7.50sec for the Carrera S too

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    jandreas said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    The only thing we don't know is if the 997 Turbo engine will be based on the same engine design. But it would be only logical and the engine we saw at the factory also didn't look at all like a M97 engine with turbo chargers.




    Did it look something like this?



    This picture could be anything.
    Give me the credit that I know how a 996 Turbo engine and a M96/M97 engine looks alike. I got my 996 Turbo on June 8th 2000 (look up when the first cars have made it to dealers... ) and had it heavily modified by RS-Tuning during my almost four years of ownership. I also owned a 996 Carrera, 996 Carrera 4 with powerkit and now a 997 Carrera S.

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote:
    RC said:
    This picture could be anything.



    I thought maybe the last 3 digits of the part number on the turbocharger would have given it away.

    There is also (1) 997-GT3 under there somewhere...

    Re: 997 gt3 REAL SPECS !!!!!!!!!!!

    (3) 997TT in a row...

    Tiptronic up front, manual in the middle and ROW on the end...

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/19/18 2:39 PM
    martini964
    263351 1686
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/17/18 2:59 PM
    throt
    260157 4017
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/19/18 5:52 PM
    Grant
    88984 1363
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67424 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39855 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23906 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13714 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7209 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    548084 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    456351 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    446141 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254798 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247510 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231214 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213048 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175464 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    164845 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 12/15/17 1:44 PM
    RCA
    164363 1072
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/19/18 5:01 PM
    Mithras
    140552 1207
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/8/18 12:32 PM
    rhino
    138951 2855
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    124989 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110548 692
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 1/22/17 7:32 AM
    BiTurbo
     
     
     
     
     
    108159 801
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108071 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/18/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    105612 1869
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87100 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81696 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81244 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68343 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    66981 163
    372 items found, displaying 1 to 30.