Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Early christmas

    Today my mother asked me to accompany her to pick up her chirstmas gift....however I had no idea it was going to be a car. Here are some pics

    Re: Early christmas

    car was filthy

    Re: Early christmas

    pic three

    Re: Early christmas

    Car looks great much better than I thought it would. I still think it is a step down compared to how refined and luxurious its predecessor was. Sound is also quite nice... Will collect next week and will provide more pictures and better review.

    Re: Early christmas

    this was also at the dealer wish I could have had a better look.

    Re: Early christmas

    I'm very interested in your review. I test drove an XKR today and I am smitten. I was struggling between a 911 an the XK, but after diving the XK, I was convinced it wasn't for me. Then, suddenly, the dealer called that they had an XKR I could test drive (delivery doesn't start here until next month) and I was very pleased indeed.

    The car felt light and reasurring. It had loads of torque begging for more power from you. There was also no whining from the supercharger that you normally get.

    I MIGHT JUST GET IT. In my opinion, it is far more beautiful than the 911, both inside and out. The 911 is more focused and clearly a thrill to drive. But I don't want to get one today and find out in 8 or 9 months that they cjanged it (see all the spy pics in this forum).

    So, your review may help.

    Re: Early christmas

    I saw a XKR on the road. It looks very nice from side, three quarter view, and back. Muscular flowing lines in rear fender. 20 inch wheels add to a strong appearance. I would probably prefer it over a 911.

    Re: Early christmas

    ongrats on the new car LB! I'm sure your mother will love it! Perfect car for sophisticated women

    Quote:
    tony2006 said:
    I saw a XKR on the road. It looks very nice from side, three quarter view, and back. Muscular flowing lines in rear fender. 20 inch wheels add to a strong appearance. I would probably prefer it over a 911.



    The new XKR does look nice, but if you don't mind getting your ass handed to you in resale... by all means go for it

    Re: Early christmas

    Haven't see the XKR, but don't like the XK, it still looks like a big Hyundai Coupe to me...

    But maybe the XKR with bigger wheels looks better.

    Re: Early christmas

    It looks much x1500000 better than a M6.

    Nice car and congrats

    Re: Early christmas

    Lorenzo, in case you didnt saw my post some weeks ago, we test -drove a jaguar xk 4.2liter..I really liked the car, very nice cold start, just exactly the same as an aston martin, but when the engine warms that magic goes a little bit down, I think the jaguar needs a little modification in the exhaust , anyway it is a great car, great design, but when it comes to porsche , well....porsche is porsche !

    I have to say that we test-drove the car for 2hours only, and car was consuming 22.1liters per 100km , you can imagine the good use it had with us ! , the paddle shifts WHERE GREAT(I persinally never drived a paddle shift gearbox, so I assume magnetti marelli for the f360 and f430 has to be epic).

    One more question, those pics are from C.de Salamanca dealer??, there was an exact car here in the dealer we went (majadahonda), that was also for sale, and full of dust, parked besides some range rovers sports

    web page
    many congrats Lorenzo !!

    Re: Early christmas

    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Lorenzo, in case you didnt saw my post some weeks ago, we test -drove a jaguar xk 4.2liter..I really liked the car, very nice cold start, just exactly the same as an aston martin, but when the engine warms that magic goes a little bit down, I think the jaguar needs a little modification in the exhaust , anyway it is a great car, great design, but when it comes to porsche , well....porsche is porsche !

    I have to say that we test-drove the car for 2hours only, and car was consuming 22.1liters per 100km , you can imagine the good use it had with us ! , the paddle shifts WHERE GREAT(I persinally never drived a paddle shift gearbox, so I assume magnetti marelli for the f360 and f430 has to be epic).

    One more question, those pics are from C.de Salamanca dealer??, there was an exact car here in the dealer we went (majadahonda), that was also for sale, and full of dust, parked besides some range rovers sports

    web page
    many congrats Lorenzo !!




    Thank you Alex..... dealer is C de Salamanca my favourite dealer anywhere....actually only dealer we ve be doing business with for the past 17 years...(apart from the Mercedes purchase last month).

    Mike S told my mom that she made the choice of a sophisticated lady...made her day...

    As far as the XK series is concerned... I thought the predecessor was great and we ended owning 4 coupes over a 6 year period. However as Mike S said depreciation is horrible.... my mother had traded in a 2004 xkr with 9000kms and only recieved some thirty percent of the purchase price

    Re: Early christmas

    Quote:
    LB said:
    ....

    Mike S told my mom that she made the choice of a sophisticated lady...made her day...

    As far as the XK series is concerned... I thought the predecessor was great and we ended owning 4 coupes over a 6 year period. However as Mike S said depreciation is horrible.... my mother had traded in a 2004 xkr with 9000kms and only recieved some thirty percent of the purchase price



    Glad to have made her Christmas a little more special!

    Yeah, got to watch out for the resales on those cars. Hopefully they just might improve a little over the predecessor.

    Re: Early christmas

    Quote:
    LB said:
    Today my mother asked me to accompany her to pick up her chirstmas gift....however I had no idea it was going to be a car. Here are some pics



    Congrats to your mother, great car. I really like the XK. Much more beautiful in reality, wonderful sideline. Pictures don't do this car any justice.

    I'm wondering that the dealer doesn't clean the car properly, though.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/17/18 5:15 PM
    martini964
    262771 1682
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/17/18 2:59 PM
    throt
    259312 4017
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/17/18 5:26 PM
    Grant
    88000 1347
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67215 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39770 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23891 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13682 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7115 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    547533 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    455941 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    445768 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254527 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247359 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231082 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    212771 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175370 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    164502 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 12/15/17 1:44 PM
    RCA
    164063 1072
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 12/15/17 11:32 AM
    RCA
    139742 1190
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/8/18 12:32 PM
    rhino
    138842 2855
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    124842 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110248 692
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 1/22/17 7:32 AM
    BiTurbo
     
     
     
     
     
    108103 801
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    107979 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/17/18 3:27 PM
    Lars997M
    105194 1861
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    86807 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81649 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81005 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68212 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    66691 163
    373 items found, displaying 1 to 30.