Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/f1/

    please vote in that link!! i just vote- No, he just got lucky

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Skill, luck, consistency and a good team/car =World Championship. Give the man his dues- he's deserving.

    Next year should be great! Go Kimi ( or Michael)

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Maybe - he has to be more than just a successful driver. He needs to develop a presence, an aura like Prost, Senna, Schumacher.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    bazza said:
    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/f1/

    please vote in that link!! i just vote- No, he just got lucky



    Bazza, you the man! Finally a sensible guy in here!

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Skill, luck, consistency and a good team/car =World Championship. Give the man his dues- he's deserving.

    Next year should be great! Go Kimi ( or Michael)



    To be fair, he didn't win because of HIS luck.
    McL's BAD luck and poor reliability handed him the championship IMO.
    He drove sensibly and consistantly...like a girlieman

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Check this poll.
    Not exactly an overwhelming belief in his abilities.
    Seems I'm not alone with my opinions after all !

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    His conservative and consistant style can bring him many good results, but I think he needs to grow some balls, too to become the next Schumi, Senna or even be able to match Monty and Kimi next year.
    I don't like Schumi at all, but you gotta agree that he has an enormous presence on the track and drives boldly - and sadly often borderline psychotic.
    Kimi and Monty and perhaps Button all have that extra umpf! that I believe Alonso lacks.
    Sensible is good, but I think you need some more to become a legend.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    I'm looking forward to the next race, where Renault needs to win in order to get the CC, and Alonso can finally let it fly, now that the championship is his.

    My prediction? Kimi will mess up, again. He can't handle pressure well, as proven last saturday. He absolutely needed the pole, and what did he do? He lost the car like a rookie
    I sense a great battle between Montoya and Alonso

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Well few people (only pro drivers who met him in competition)know exactly how fast Fernando is, but the way he races is not impressive at all. Do you remember fernando doing a fastest lap ?I don't.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Alonso lacks a ruthless element in his personality. He can take losing as well as winning. Kimi is the same, just with blonde hair and less discipline. I wish they would both just quit.

    Most of the current F1 drivers are effete prancers who should be in the fashion business. Spoiled, swishy and overpaid faux sportsmen.

    Schumi is the only one who can throw a punch amongst the lot of them.

    The others couldnt fight their way out of a paper bag.

    I dont see any brilliance in the current crop of younger drivers.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:
    Well few people (only pro drivers who met him in competition)know exactly how fast Fernando is, but the way he races is not impressive at all. Do you remember fernando doing a fastest lap ?I don't.



    He's done a few, but not as many as Kimi.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Humm, would be happy to get the stats about that Dr Phil, coz i remember that even at the beginning of the season, kimi was often the fastest during the race.I'm quite sure fernando was the fastest at Sakhir but i'd like to check for the rest of the season....

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Results for the 2005 fastest race laps tournament:

    1- Kimi raikonnen 8 fastest laps
    2- Michael schumacher 3 fastest laps(big surprise, huh ,who else could do that with those bad tyres?)
    3- Fernando"Snail Driver, Girlieman...etc"Alonso 2 fastest laps
    4- Ex Aequo R Schumacher & G Fisichella & JP Montoya&PDLRosa 1 fastest lap

    I think there'is no more to say, the 2 bestdrivers are on the top.

    Fernando go back to school, 1 fastest laps in 6 wins, that's poooooooooooooor!You are not fast, you are only lucky!Where are the famous "hat tricks"???

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    A lot of good luck, his rival's bad luck, and consistency won Alonso the championship rather than pure talent IMO, but that's how championships are commonly won.
    I'd say it's still too soon to see whether he will become on of the greats or not.

    Congratulations to Alonso for winning the championship.
    GO KIMI GO for next season!

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:
    Results for the 2005 fastest race laps tournament:

    1- Kimi raikonnen 8 fastest laps
    2- Michael schumacher 3 fastest laps(big surprise, huh ,who else could do that with those bad tyres?)
    3- Fernando"Snail Driver, Girlieman...etc"Alonso 2 fastest laps
    4- Ex Aequo R Schumacher & G Fisichella & JP Montoya&PDLRosa 1 fastest lap

    I think there'is no more to say, the 2 bestdrivers are on the top.

    Fernando go back to school, 1 fastest laps in 6 wins, that's poooooooooooooor!You are not fast, you are only lucky!Where are the famous "hat tricks"???



    Have you considered joining my fanclub?
    Hehe...

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:
    Results for the 2005 fastest race laps tournament:

    1- Kimi raikonnen 8 fastest laps
    2- Michael schumacher 3 fastest laps(big surprise, huh ,who else could do that with those bad tyres?)
    3- Fernando"Snail Driver, Girlieman...etc"Alonso 2 fastest laps
    4- Ex Aequo R Schumacher & G Fisichella & JP Montoya&PDLRosa 1 fastest lap

    I think there'is no more to say, the 2 bestdrivers are on the top.

    Fernando go back to school, 1 fastest laps in 6 wins, that's poooooooooooooor!You are not fast, you are only lucky!Where are the famous "hat tricks"???



    Have you considered joining my fanclub?
    Hehe...



    I drive borderline psychotic. Can I join?

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Shame it's not 'Fastest Lap of the year' world championship then.

    I'm not particularly a fan of either Kimi or Alonso, but the Alonso/Renault partnership was the best over the whole year, although I believe that if the Macca had held together better Kimi would have been World Champ.

    Can Alonso go one to be a true great - I doubt it. That's not knocking his talents it's just we finally got a number of great drivers, Alonso, Kimi, both Schueys, Button, Montoya and some more teams putting serious investment in, Ferrari, Toyota, Reanult, Mclaren, BMW, Honda, even Red Ball, that I think we could be in for a number of great seasons - as long as the powers that be don't screw up the rules trying to 'improve' things. Think it could be a while before we see another Scumey/Ferrai total domination package.....

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    I'm sure Alonso is having a good laugh.....there is only one World Champion for 2005 and he's it

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    no one can be the next schum until he got more than 7 championship titles : )

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    Cookie Monster said:
    Well few people (only pro drivers who met him in competition)know exactly how fast Fernando is, but the way he races is not impressive at all. Do you remember fernando doing a fastest lap ?I don't.

    Alonso had fastest lap at the Australian and European Grands Prix but I think it's an unimportant statistic. In the 17 races so far, only 4 winners set fastest lap and that includes Schumi at Indianapolis. Wouldn't you rather score the most points than set the most fastest laps?

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Have you considered joining my fanclub?
    Hehe...



    I drive borderline psychotic. Can I join?



    I doubt you'll qualify for Dr. Phil's fanclub if you're only borderline psychotic.

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    Alonso and kimi are both very talented. I definitly think that alonso can become one of the greats but before him i would put kimi!! If you give kimi a car that is reliabile he will be on the podeum!! either way they both are incredibile drivers!
    As far as Schumi, don't necessarly love him, but it goes to show you how much of a professional and a gifted driver he is when he still is in 4th place for the driver championship with a terrible car!!

    Re: Can Alonso go on to be a true great?

    If he has the best car, it shouldnt be a problem.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 1/17/18 5:15 PM
    martini964
    262746 1682
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/17/18 2:59 PM
    throt
    259295 4017
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/17/18 5:26 PM
    Grant
    87950 1347
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 1/12/18 7:11 PM
    the-missile
    67215 673
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/3/18 8:32 PM
    CGX car nut
    39766 468
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23891 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13682 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    7115 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    547518 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    455918 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    445763 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    254510 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247354 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231076 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    212767 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175366 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    164498 874
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 12/15/17 1:44 PM
    RCA
    164055 1072
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 12/15/17 11:32 AM
    RCA
    139733 1190
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/8/18 12:32 PM
    rhino
    138835 2855
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    124841 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    110232 692
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 1/22/17 7:32 AM
    BiTurbo
     
     
     
     
     
    108103 801
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    107978 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 1/17/18 3:27 PM
    Lars997M
    105179 1861
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    86800 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81649 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    80989 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68212 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    66679 163
    373 items found, displaying 1 to 30.