Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    there's a unique 997 C2 on offer at hamburg's porsche zentrum -- white paint, black rims and the classic "carrera" lettering written on the side. looks quite nice, could be an exclusive job.

    check out these pictures
    http://img147.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img147&image=pict00125wn.jpg
    http://img147.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img147&image=pict00132pr.jpg

    (picture link found on carpassion)

    in case you are interested, here are the details of the offer (at least i think it's the car. no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information )
    http://www.raffay.de/site_de/autosuche/infos.asp?ah=&id=27182&typ=GW

    (german language)

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    looks great

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    I was always wondering why Porsche didn't offer lettering on their cars but I guess they do, looks great.

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Seems that I'm the only one who thinks this is a good car for taking to those tuning concurs where the Supras with giant wings always win

    J.Seven

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    there's a unique 997 C2 on offer at hamburg's porsche zentrum -- white paint, black rims and the classic "carrera" lettering written on the side. looks quite nice, could be an exclusive job.

    check out these pictures
    http://img147.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img147&image=pict00125wn.jpg
    http://img147.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img147&image=pict00132pr.jpg

    (picture link found on carpassion)

    in case you are interested, here are the details of the offer (at least i think it's the car. no responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information )
    http://www.raffay.de/site_de/autosuche/infos.asp?ah=&id=27182&typ=GW

    (german language)



    This car has 3.824 cc and not 3.596 cc

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    It looks good and fits the black painted wheels, but I don't like it in a 997S, that should be reserved for the RS version, and looks like a wannabe IMO, just like putting a fake badge on. But it does look good in itself so the RS version should quite a looker, just like the 996GT3RS, the best looking 996 there is

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    The front brake discs are rusty
    Not good for a show car.

    J.Seven

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    i suppose they've just got something wrong when putting the car online. the say it's the "Porsche 997 Carrera 2 S (Coupe)", so the engine should have 3,8l.

    or it's not the "S".

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Quote:
    It looks good and fits the black painted wheels, but I don't like it in a 997S, that should be reserved for the RS version, and looks like a wannabe IMO, just like putting a fake badge on. But it does look good in itself so the RS version should quite a looker, just like the 996GT3RS, the best looking 996 there is



    i completely agree -- it looks nice, but it's not authentic, so it's one for the poseurs.

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Those reverse negative vinyl Carrera stripes have been sold for decades and have been used on factory non RS Carreras as well, starting with the 74 Carreras.

    Its a '70s thing.

    They are a bitch when it comes to waxing.

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    They are a bitch when it comes to waxing.



    Wazzup wid dat?

    You don't like white outine script?

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Its a '70s thing.



    yeah, but we are in the 00's now its been a while since they have been used in normal carreras and now, as well as in the very beginning with the 72' 911 2.7 RS, its associated with the RS models

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Excuse me, i am really still in about 1076...

    I think the white coupe looks better with black stripes.

    After having seen a zillion 1974 Carrera with Carrera stripes back then, seeing them now again doesnt bother me.

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Excuse me, i am really still in about 1076...

    I think the white coupe looks better with black stripes.

    After having seen a zillion 1974 Carrera with Carrera stripes back then, seeing them now again doesnt bother me.




    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    I like it a lot, especially with the black rims... It is kinda RS style, but it makes it very special... If I had to choose between a normal white 997 and the very same car but with the black rims and scripture, I would take this one!
    -Joost-

    Re: White 997 carrera S with RS-style decals

    I'm with Joost on this one, I think it looks great. Not really a wannabe just yet as there isnt an 997 RS to "wanna-be".

    White is the new silver?

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 10/13/18 7:49 PM
    lukestern
    388370 5041
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 10/14/18 11:37 PM
    watt
    316363 1950
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 10/16/18 6:28 PM
    CGX car nut
    222742 2546
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 7/21/18 6:45 AM
    bluelines
     
     
     
     
     
    208091 1067
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 10/4/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    178495 2635
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 10/13/18 1:16 PM
    RCA
    108382 2227
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 9/25/18 7:06 AM
    RCA
    29751 315
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13141 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    12508 31
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    610893 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    511795 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    481917 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    273138 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 10/4/18 10:04 PM
    lexs4
    255372 2550
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    190344 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 10/10/18 9:19 PM
    koko
    183140 1625
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/15/18 10:07 AM
    WhoopsyM
    174847 3187
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    141866 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 10/7/18 8:43 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    135578 2187
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    126629 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    110987 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    105948 871
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    98822 732
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 10/16/18 6:57 PM
    Enmanuel
    76922 998
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 10/13/18 9:50 PM
    RCA
    65433 672
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    56729 423
    Lambo Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring? 11/7/17 12:30 AM
    kingjr9000
    49741 852
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/29/17 12:27 PM
    DJM48
    45576 471
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42554 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    40800 597
    306 items found, displaying 1 to 30.