Gnil:
RC:
Gnil:

My normal insurance does not cover me on tracks . I need to do a 3rd party one, or take an extra negotiated one with my regular insurance,  for about 1500 CHF a day .  

I have never insured my cars on the track up to now .  Tomorrow I am heading for Le Castellet, Paul Ricard Circuit  . No insurance .

I never had a track insurance or bothered to be interested in one. If you know the organizer and/or the other drivers, I don't think a lot can happen if everyone tries to have fun without showing off too much or trying to brake the track record. Smiley Just yesterday evening, I was talking to a friend on the phone who is a regular track driver (almost every weekend) and he never had insurance. Neither do the other drivers. Common sense is the key word here, if you drive within your limits, not a lot can happen other than some scratched rims or a bit of paint/glass damage.

I never push 100% . Always leave a margin . If someone has a knife between  his teeth , I back off .  But  most of the time my track events are with reasonable people . You may get a black sheep, but just let him do his things . 

Smiley This is what intelligent drivers do... Smiley

Of course one can always crash because of a oil on the track or someone crashing into you for no reason . Shit happens . Part of live . If my car is too precious, then it means I should not own it and is too much for my wallet .

True as well. It is just sometimes difficult if you drive a Porsche and there comes that local "talent" who hits the track every weekend in his tuned Renault Clio RS and thinks you're an idiot because you drive a Porsche or whatever... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)