Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

Porker:

In the vid you can also see a fully integrated, welded rollcage on the A-pillars, how's that for a stock setup. mail

I have nothing against the car, but these false claims are a bit ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULSUcERlQQ--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

The car in the video is clearly a pre-production car and I would take the record with a grain of salt.

Personally, I truly believe that Lamborghini has hit a milestone here with the new aerodynamics tech but I think that the Huracan Performante will do above 7 minutes in the hands of Sport Auto in autumn. If it does the Nordschleife under 7:10 min., I am still going to be very impressed. Just remember that the car only gets 30 hp more and 45 kg less than the regular Huracan.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Of course, that's my point. This puts a blemish on what's probably a very impressive lap. The need to be sub. 7 is bigger than the need to be truthful/correct.

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

MKSGR:

Christian, if you look at the success of turbo s and Huracan you see that your view is rather a minority view Smiley

I ask you again: Have you driven the R8? Smiley

Also, my personal view doesn't really count. People need to find the car which fits them and their emotional part best and we all clearly have different desires. needs and preferences. Otherwise it would be boring, just imagine all of us driving the same car. Smiley

I still believe that the 991.2 Turbo S is boring, it just doesn't press the right buttons with me. Is it a fantastic car? No doubt about it. Porsche needs a "960", this is my personal opinion. I just outgrew the 911 (and believe me, I never wanted that) and while I still enjoy driving my 991.1 C4 GTS Cab, I wouldn't really miss it if I didn't have it anymore. Oh well, maybe only in summer when it is sunny and hot. Smiley

I moved on, I just wish I could have moved on in a Porsche ("960"). Maybe after 2020... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    MKSGR:

Christian, if you look at the success of turbo s and Huracan you see that your view is rather a minority view Smiley

I ask you again: Have you driven the R8? Smiley

There is not Spider version of the R8 V10 plus (yet)...

The V10 Plus Spyder is going to be available in June or so...when first cars appear at German dealers. 

Drive the Coupe, just out of curiosity. The problem is that most dealer cars have winter tires on them right now...

--

Rossi:

Real deal? 

IMG_0038.PNG

close but not the real thing.

Definitely not the real deal. Just talked to someone who saw the car, it had a different color (I don't want to say the color because I don't know if these colors are specific to the location of the presentation). Car will be unveiled soon, the person who saw the car liked it but isn't too fond of the wing. Actually, the reason he won't get the car, which is sad (I was really looking forward to it). He is getting the new Aventador facelift instead. yes

--

RC:

Definitely not the real deal. Just talked to someone who saw the car, it had a different color (I don't want to say the color because I don't know if these colors are specific to the location of the presentation). Car will be unveiled soon, the person who saw the car liked it but isn't too fond of the wing. Actually, the reason he won't get the car, which is sad (I was really looking forward to it). He is getting the new Aventador facelift insteadyes

Poor guy Smiley

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    RC:

Definitely not the real deal. Just talked to someone who saw the car, it had a different color (I don't want to say the color because I don't know if these colors are specific to the location of the presentation). Car will be unveiled soon, the person who saw the car liked it but isn't too fond of the wing. Actually, the reason he won't get the car, which is sad (I was really looking forward to it). He is getting the new Aventador facelift insteadyes

Poor guy Smiley

Smiley I was truly looking forward to his Huracan Performante because he was supposed to get an early launch edition car in April or so. Now I can only hope that my McLaren neighbor (the one with the 12C Spider) will get the Performante but apparently he hasn't decided yet if he sticks to McLaren instead (he didn't know about the 720 when he wanted to get rid of his 12C). Last time I talked to him he was torn between the Huracan and the R8 but after I told him about the Performante, he was very fascinated with the idea of getting one. Well...maybe I'm lucky (he promised to let me drive it). Smiley

--

Not getting the performante because it has a strange looking wing while the aero package is the revolution on this car is a bit strange... To each his own...

SciFrog:

Not getting the performante because it has a strange looking wing while the aero package is the revolution on this car is a bit strange... To each his own...

Many of potential buyers of such cars don't really care about the tech. Smiley

Funny: Last time I was at my dealership, I also talked to the Lamborghini sales guy. He asked how many kilometers I drove in my R8. I told him that the car has 13000 km and I already drove 11000 or so in it. In less than a year. Then he laughed and told me that most of his customers usually drive 6000-8000 km at max (whole ownership period!!!) and then get another car. This is also one of the reasons why when new customers ask about longterm reliability, he has difficulties answering this question. Smiley

Not much at my dealer: So far, I am the customer with most kilometers on my car. Smiley

They put these babies in the garage and drive it only on weekends for a few kilometers or enjoy to show them off at car events. So sad.

--

MKSGR:

So you think that all OEMs made gigantic steps - only Porsche will fall behind although they were always leading in terms of track performance? Sure... Honestly, your logic is totally illogical Smiley

Actually your logic is flowed. The presumption that Porsche's track records are guaranteed in the future because of their success in the past is logically wrong. In fact Porsche is already losing in almost all performance metrics. And I admire their focus on real world usability and substance rather then numbers. But still I remember very well 2007 when nothing could touch the 997 Turbo. And today....completely different story.

When I drove the Huracan 580-2 it felt like a far more modern car with more potential then the 991 platform. Based on my last 4000 km with the GT3 RS whose chassis is close to the limit of the 991 I've no problem believing that the Huracan could be stretched further than the GT2 RS.

Just out of curiosity, has there ever been an aventador test done on trofeos?  Because i've seen some people on here thinking about independent testing not matching claims, and i'm just not seeing it. Because even acceleration on customer cars have some pretty huge variances. If its the 700-4 n-ring time, that was done by sport auto @ 7:25 on corsa tires, while the SV did 7:15. Thats about a 10sec difference, much like the 918.  So I'm having trouble figuring out why some members on here think the SV underperforms. yes

I do get that it hasn't beaten the LT yet, but that car is always on trofeos, and never on corsas, so its a bit unfair to expect it to be beaten by the SV with its massive disadvantage by weight.  The old 700-4 did beat the 12c at the ring, when they both had corsas.

So many quotes are floating around the internet.  Several sites and even lambo's own PR account claim trofeos, but a member on LP who asked the factory and of US sales, all claim the new corsas.

I purposely asked this question to the factory reps and head of all US Lambo sales at the event. 
    and they confirmed they were not Trofeo R's, they are the new Pirelli tire that was designed for the car and come standard. 
    I just put trofeo R's on my Huracan so I was going to do the same on the P, but now I'm keeping the stock tires

Herbaliser:
    MKSGR:

So you think that all OEMs made gigantic steps - only Porsche will fall behind although they were always leading in terms of track performance? Sure... Honestly, your logic is totally illogical Smiley

Actually your logic is flowed. The presumption that Porsche's track records are guaranteed in the future because of their success in the past is logically wrong. In fact Porsche is already losing in almost all performance metrics. And I admire their focus on real world usability and substance rather then numbers. But still I remember very well 2007 when nothing could touch the 997 Turbo. And today....completely different story.

Sorry, this is not convincing at all. In most areas the past is the best predictor for the future.

Ask Lamborghini why they don't provide test cars with Trofeos for the SV. Pretty much all Huracan were tested with Trofeos. I guess Lamborghini doesn't want to use them for some reason.

Herbaliser:

When I drove the Huracan 580-2 it felt like a far more modern car with more potential then the 991 platform. Based on my last 4000 km with the GT3 RS whose chassis is close to the limit of the 991 I've no problem believing that the Huracan could be stretched further than the GT2 RS.

Well, I have serious doubts. I don't have much trust in Lamborghini - they never got it right so far.

noone1:

Ask Lamborghini why they don't provide test cars with Trofeos for the SV. Pretty much all Huracan were tested with Trofeos. I guess Lamborghini doesn't want to use them for some reason.

Officially, several claimed they weren't ready during the mag testing phase, but they'll be ready later.  Unfortunately, no-one has used them with trofeos. So thats one reason.  I think its because they're holding back for the Avy S-SV.

MKSGR:
    Herbaliser:

Well, I have serious doubts. I don't have much trust in Lamborghini - they never got it right so far.

Lamborghini? You mean Audi. Smiley Smiley

Testdrive the R8, you'll be surprised. Porsche is lucky that the VW Group management has issued a strict "team order".

VW makes most profits with Porsche, not Audi and certainly not the R8 or any Lamborghini model. Smiley

Now I shut up before I say too much. Smiley

Look at McLaren, a small manufacturer Porsche could easily buy if they wanted to (maybe they should but apparently it isn't for sale...yet). Their cars have won so much credibility in the sportscar scene, simply because McLaren worked hard and permanently developed the technology. Also, customers get the feeling they get what they pay for, sorry to say that. Same goes to Ferrari, the 488 is a real benchmark in comparison to the 991.2 Turbo S and when Lamborghini presented the Huracan in 2014, it was quite a product, even in comparison with the 991.1 Turbo S which was available at that time.

Yes, the GT3 and GT3 RS and the 911 R are very nice products, even the GT4 but this is not enough for a manufacturer like Porsche. They make enough money, indeed but why loose customers to McLaren and Ferrari? Does it make sense?! Smiley

--

Very cool car love it...but the coolest rider om the ring was the driver of the alfa giulia qv in jeans ,t shirt and a helmet....hahah

--

993 c2

kingjr9000:
    noone1:

Officially, several claimed they weren't ready during the mag testing phase, but they'll be ready later.  Unfortunately, no-one has used them with trofeos. So thats one reason.  I think its because they're holding back for the Avy S-SV.

Or maybe there is a (marketing) reason for that? Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    kingjr9000:
    noone1:

Or maybe there is a (marketing) reason for that? Smiley Smiley

Thats interesting.

Just heard only 30 cars for the German market this year... Does someone know if this is true? yes Since deliveries are rumored to start this month, this is not a lot of cars. How many worldwide then? 200? 300? Ouch.

--

RC:

Just heard only 30 cars for the German market this year... Does someone know if this is true? yes Since deliveries are rumored to start this month, this is not a lot of cars. How many worldwide then? 200? 300? Ouch.

Do we know the price yet?  If it costs ~$285k, how many do you think they could sell if no production limit?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    RC:

Do we know the price yet?  If it costs ~$285k, how many do you think they could sell if no production limit?

Rumor indicated a base price of around 250k EUR but... Smiley Base price for the regular Huracan is 202k EUR or so as far as I remember. 

If they really have only a very limited number of cars available, maybe the Performante is just another marketing trick to spotlight the Huracan again. Smiley Smiley Huracan facelift is due 2018 as far as I heard.

--

Regular H is $237k in US.  I just saw some US magazine that estimated the Performante price to be $350k - I can't imagine selling many at that price...

US gets a bad price on Italian cars (even ones that are really German)...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Beautiful Alcantara interior...I just love it. That carbon (forged composite?) looks like the carbon on my AP watch. 

Click on photos to enlarge...

lambohuracanperformante_07.jpg

2017-Lamborghini-Huracan-Performante-prototype-interior-02.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Performante-Prototype-interior-detail-03.jpg

--

Seats look nice - not too crazy about the interior otherwise...

--

I love it...exactly the way I would have wanted it. 

--

Grant:

Seats look nice - not too crazy about the interior otherwise...

If they are the same as the SV seats, they are apparently the worst seats ever created.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 2/14/19 1:26 AM
    watt
    330920 2045
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 2/16/19 2:13 AM
    Pilot

217815 1114
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 2/15/19 11:05 AM
    RCA
    145797 2579
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 2/17/19 6:10 PM
    SportCarGroup
    60478 798
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 2/16/19 9:52 AM
    AP911
    16157 148
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14651 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 2/16/19 3:33 PM
    the-missile
    9942 126
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/16/19 10:23 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    3026 59
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    486813 4255
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/29/19 10:07 PM
    nberry
    421919 5220
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    317291 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/31/18 2:19 AM
    DJM48
    286550 2598
    Porsche Cayman GT4 2/14/19 7:29 PM
    WhoopsyM
    280350 2759
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/30/19 3:10 AM
    ha
    219062 2777
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/17/19 8:13 PM
    GoHardGT3RS
    195535 1789
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/17/19 5:58 PM
    the-missile
    191306 3354
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    157664 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    144587 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112986 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    107899 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 2/17/19 9:17 AM
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo
    98788 1367
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    68809 673
    Others Tesla Roadster 2/13/19 8:40 AM
    RCA
    57191 1723
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    48387 477
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    43562 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    43118 605
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/19/18 8:31 AM
    RCA
    40836 472
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    40599 650
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 2/14/19 1:44 PM
    RCA
    40222 387
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/13/18 2:27 PM
    RCA
    39184 804
    269 items found, displaying 1 to 30.