Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    http://www.autospies.com/news/An-Indian-Ferrari-Tata-interested-in-buying-Ferrari-27281/

    I'd rather pay more for my Porsche to prevent the company from meeting this type of unfortunate and nasty fate.

    About as "bad" as this:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2007/mar/12/motoring.lifeandhealth

    Just needling you, Nick; I love Ferrari's.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    The Ferrari Modena will be replaced by the Ferrari Mumbai....

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    964C2 said:
    Ferrari Mumbai....




    FERRARI MUMBAI.............ROTFLMFAO Hilarious

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Since when has it been acceptable to bash India?

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    IMHO they are bashing the automaker, NOT India.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Well owning a company or a share of a company dosent come down to race or background!! it comes down to money!! and if anyone should start talking its the Italian government they should protect there automakers and aid them by buying there shares! Full stop!!!

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    TTurbine said:
    Well owning a company or a share of a company dosent come down to race or background!! it comes down to money!! and if anyone should start talking its the Italian government they should protect there automakers and aid them by buying there shares! Full stop!!!



    Am I missing something? Why would Ferrari be looking for a new owner? As long as Ferrari shares are available on a public stock market, anyone can buy them. Ferrari should start buying back their shares at this point, if they haven't already. If the company owns 51%, then they remove the risk of hostile takeovers.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    I don't think so.

    Ferrari is northern Italy, that's where the high fashion and design comes from. They have craftspeople working on their cars like nowhere else in the world.

    I doubt other nationalities can find workers who appreciate (have internalized an awareness of) the huge difference in .5mm and .25mm when stitching together leather for the interiors.

    Multiply that lack of awareness times hundreds of different skills in a hand-crafted car, and you'll have the hand-made automotive equivalent of cheap "teak" carvings for sale at Pier One.

    Unlike tech support, all you want is the information, you try to get around any bad English. There's ZERO tolerance for a lack of perfection in a Ferrari.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    easy: Being from a country east of India, I applaud and understand your position. But as tortsq1 pointed out, we would have as much "fun" if say, Maytag had acquired Ferrari, which is about as bad as this news seems to me.

    Kidding aside, really this news may be a big brou ha ha about nothing. Or it could be bad news indeed; we need someone with financial expertise to explain what it implies. For example, is it true Tata sits on the board of Fiat, and Fiat owns 85% of Ferrari?

    Regardless, if I value exclusivity over practicality and perfection , this would be "unsettling" info indeed. As much as I think PAG could do "better" for its customers, this kind of news makes me appreciate so much more its financial strength and implied independence.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Oops, I have nothing against workers from various parts of the world.

    What I do have a prejudice against is workers of any origin who can't do things perfectly.

    I mean _perfectly_. Almost anybody can get something 80% right after lots of practice and training.

    BUT to get something 100% right, like they do in Ferrari Land..., well..., that's going to be nearly impossible to find anywhere else on the planet. Gonna take decades to develop/cultivate; IMO.


    I mean think about it: EVERY aspect of that F-car has to be perfect. The engine castings, the leather, the electronics, the freeking paint!

    IMO, even Porsche is not as perfect as Ferrari.


    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    ballmon said:
    Quote:
    964C2 said:
    Ferrari Mumbai....




    FERRARI MUMBAI.............ROTFLMFAO Hilarious



    +1 LOL

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    There's ZERO tolerance for a lack of perfection in a Ferrari.



    Haha, I don't know about that part, quite a few of the recent Ferrari begs to differs in the build quality department.


    Back to topic, Ferrari by Tata? quit a catchy name, maybe the Chinese will enter a bidding war with the Indians for Ferrari.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:


    Haha, I don't know about that part, quite a few of the recent Ferrari begs to differs in the build quality department.



    Yeah maybe you're right.

    At least what I said sounded good.

    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?


    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:


    Haha, I don't know about that part, quite a few of the recent Ferrari begs to differs in the build quality department.



    Yeah maybe you're right.

    At least what I said sounded good.

    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?





    I always say, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Let's start our own car company.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    ... I'd rather pay more for my Porsche to prevent the company from meeting this type of unfortunate and nasty fate. ...



    Why? Would your reaction be the same if the suitor were British or French? a bit prejudiced, perhaps?

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Quote:
    ballmon said:
    Quote:
    964C2 said:
    Ferrari Mumbai....




    FERRARI MUMBAI.............ROTFLMFAO Hilarious



    +1 LOL



    It does have a nice ring to it.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    MMD said:


    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?






    Good o'boring Toyotas and Hondas.

    But then again without the quirky stuff, Porsche and Ferrari will be as boring as the damn japs.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    MMD, I don't think the plan is to move production ot India. I hope not!!!

    The problem I see is this: Although all companies exist to make money, will Tata Ferrari decide to make money the Toyota way (boring perfection), or the Porsche way (perfect perfection )? The issue with Tata is not its country of origin, but the nature of its existence. Does it care about the incredible vision and passion that make Ferrari, Ferrari? Well, Tata makes low-cost trucks, no?

    Someone corrects me if I am wrong, but doesn't that new Ferrari 149 simply an altered version of both the Maserati Gran Turismo *AND* the Alfa Romeo coupe?
    Where is the exclusivity that Nick always "teases" Porsche owners with? Is this a (bad?) result of being bought by Fiat? All 911's look the same, but at least it doesn't look like a Scirocco.

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Oops, I have nothing against workers from various parts of the world.

    What I do have a prejudice against is workers of any origin who can't do things perfectly.

    I mean _perfectly_. Almost anybody can get something 80% right after lots of practice and training.

    BUT to get something 100% right, like they do in Ferrari Land..., well..., that's going to be nearly impossible to find anywhere else on the planet. Gonna take decades to develop/cultivate; IMO.


    I mean think about it: EVERY aspect of that F-car has to be perfect. The engine castings, the leather, the electronics, the freeking paint!

    IMO, even Porsche is not as perfect as Ferrari.




    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    [...]
    Someone corrects me if I am wrong, but doesn't that new Ferrari 149 simply an altered version of both the Maserati Gran Turismo *AND* the Alfa Romeo coupe?
    [...]



    I am not too sure what chassis they are using, but the Alfra 8C is based on the old maser coupe chassis (4200~) and the Gran Turismo is a new design by Maserati, which is shared by the Quattroporte.

    Not sure if it is scalable ala the VH Aston platform to use on a shorter coupe such as the F149.

    All the engines are essentially derived from the same design if I recall correctly. Again I am not too sure either, Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa are not my area of expertise by a long shot.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    MMD, I don't think the plan is to move production ot India. I hope not!!!





    Wow. I'm sorry. Geez..., my brain needs work. What was I thinking? With a production rate of approximately 100 cars a month that would be insane.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Fair enough and very good question. If I like to have instant Thai noodle, I go for "Mama Tom Yum," based in Bangkok, Thailand. Nothing else would do. Would I then be considered to be prejudiced against Nestle?

    If I like to buy an exotic Italian sport car, would I be considered "prejudiced" for wanting the manufacturer to be BMW, rather than a Vietnamese bicycle producer (just exaggerating for emphasis here)?

    My initial thought is country of origin has nothing to with the potential problem of this acquisition. Your question actually made me re-consider. The answer is yes country does matter, but not just India per se. My ranking, for a European-type sport car, would for example be Germany (because of the tradition and experience with making European-flavor sport cars) over US, US over India, India over Mongolia, etc.
    Conversely, if it's a low cost truck for third world countries we are talking about, then perhaps the ranking would be reversed, India over Germany.

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    I'd rather pay more for my Porsche to prevent the company from meeting this type of unfortunate and nasty fate. ...



    Why? Would your reaction be the same if the suitor were British or French? a bit prejudiced, perhaps?


    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I trade in the markets every day and Tata is one of the companies I follow. As far as I know, rumors are just that. I have not heard anything on Wall Street regarding Tata and Ferrari. If it does happen, I don't think Tata will do anything drastic to change Ferrari. Right now, Tata is the "preferred" bidder for Jaguar and Land Rover and Wall Street believes that Tata may be slightly overextending themselves financially. It will take them a while to digest the Jaguar/Land Rover buy out, so I think Ferrari is safe. For now.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    I thought MB and BMW both assemble cars for the Indian market in India (because imported cars get taxed so punitively) ? If they doubted the quality of the workforce there, I don't think they would invest so heavily.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Fair enough and very good question. If I like to have instant Thai noodle, I go for "Mama Tom Yum," based in Bangkok, Thailand. Nothing else would do. Would I then be considered to be prejudiced against Nestle?

    If I like to buy an exotic Italian sport car, would I be considered "prejudiced" for wanting the manufacturer to be BMW, rather than a Vietnamese bicycle producer (just exaggerating for emphasis here)?

    My initial thought is country of origin has nothing to with the potential problem of this acquisition. Your question actually made me re-consider. The answer is yes country does matter, but not just India per se. My ranking, for a European-type sport car, would for example be Germany (because of the tradition and experience with making European-flavor sport cars) over US, US over India, India over Mongolia, etc.
    Conversely, if it's a low cost truck for third world countries we are talking about, then perhaps the ranking would be reversed, India over Germany.

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    I'd rather pay more for my Porsche to prevent the company from meeting this type of unfortunate and nasty fate. ...



    Why? Would your reaction be the same if the suitor were British or French? a bit prejudiced, perhaps?





    Thanks for your clarification. I see no prejudice in what you say. I see old world thinking. Tata could very well acquire Ferrari and ferrari might improve. The world changed 100 years ago and Europe became the "Old World." The world is changing again, that's all, and that is good from my perspective.

    Besides, Tata himself, an accomplished entrepreneur and businessman, has no design in acquiring Ferrari, i suspect he may just seek the pride to own some stake there.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:


    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?






    Good o'boring Toyotas and Hondas.

    But then again without the quirky stuff, Porsche and Ferrari will be as boring as the damn japs.



    "japs" nice use of word there. do you also uses the "N" word freely for black as well.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    lex said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:


    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?






    Good o'boring Toyotas and Hondas.

    But then again without the quirky stuff, Porsche and Ferrari will be as boring as the damn japs.



    "japs" nice use of word there. do you also uses the "N" word freely for black as well.



    What's wrong with the word 'Jap'? That being said, the frequent and liberal use of the 'N-word' by african-american musicians obviously constitutes racism .

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Mercedes_Benz_C180-72538-1.html

    India does have major problems with quality control. Here is one example:

    I refuse to understand the point in buying a brand new Mercedes in India. In two years, my Mercedes has been off the road for a whopping 164 repair days (almost 6 months) and has had warranty repairs worth more than Rupees 3 Lac:

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    I used to live in India and bought a new Tata Safari 4x4 in 1999. I drove it through the Himalayas on dirt roads and off-road without problem. My son drove the Safari overland to England in 2000 without problem. I shipped the car to NZ in late 2000 where it preceded to fall to bits by the middle of 2001 with about 30,000 km on the clock.

    Perhaps Tata quality control has improved beyond that of Mercedes India by now. But if I had to buy a car in India again, it would not be made in India. Even if it was a Ferrari.

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    ''.....has had warranty repairs worth more than Rupees 3 Lac:''

    This is the cost of three new Tata economy cars...

    Re: Tata (!!!) Ferrari: Where Is Nick?

    Quote:
    lex said:
    Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:


    Damnnn! If not at Ferrari Where can we find _perfection_ in this world!?






    Good o'boring Toyotas and Hondas.

    But then again without the quirky stuff, Porsche and Ferrari will be as boring as the damn japs.



    "japs" nice use of word there. do you also uses the "N" word freely for black as well.



    What's your problem? Do you always look at stuff with your racism glasses on? Or do you want to start something completely off topic but racial in nature? If not then shut up. You should also shut up if your answer is yes. Don't bother posting if you don't have anything good to say.

    What's wrong with the word 'Japs'? It's a shorten form for JAPanese, so instead of typing 8 characters, people shorten it to 4, what's the big fking deal?

    N-word could be interpreted as a different nature, some people think it's a racial slur and degrading to the black people, but in reality the black people VERY OFTEN refers to each other as N-word and quite often in good nature, but if I read you correctly, YOU THINK the black people are being mean to each other by calling themselves with the N-word everyday. So does that mean you think the black people are being racial to each other also? So are you trying to offend the black people AS WELL AS the Japanese by trying to be little them? Stop your racism BS right here and now.

    I am Chinese by birth, I have no problem being called chings or slant-eye or whatever they are calling us now, chings is just like a shorten form of Chinese, and slant-eye, well that's just an observation, we orientals, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc have slant-eyes, there is really nothing more to it than calling the African-Americans black people, the Caucasians white people, it's just stating facts and the obvious.

    It's people like YOU who cause all the racism problems in the world, making something out of nothing and then blow it up and make a big deal out of thin air. People like YOU needs to learn to live with others and be tolerant of others, no matter the race or gender or color of the skin or even the language people speaks. If YOU cannot live with people who has a difference of opinions, then YOU should leave this board, YOU are not a suitable member for OUR community.


    Don't bother apologize to me, I am not offended by your ignorance remarks, I have already learn how to live in the world as minority race, but someone else on this board might be offended by your comments, go apologize to them instead.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/15/17 7:20 PM
    watt
    255754 1619
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/15/17 5:22 PM
    nberry
    235069 3732
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/15/17 7:26 PM
    The farmer
    79669 1265
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 12/12/17 12:52 PM
    RCA
    60338 637
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/15/17 6:33 PM
    Targa Tim
    36201 435
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23159 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    13064 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    5519 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    539787 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 12/15/17 7:29 PM
    pmarkow
    448405 5806
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    441327 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    250549 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 11/29/17 1:09 PM
    DJM48
    243280 2520
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    229539 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/27/17 12:09 PM
    the-missile
    208517 2479
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    173838 1699
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 12/15/17 1:44 PM
    RCA
    160146 1072
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    159650 874
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 12/15/17 11:32 AM
    RCA
    135673 1190
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/15/17 6:13 PM
    Topspeed
    134868 2829
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    122778 1651
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 1/22/17 7:32 AM
    BiTurbo
     
     
     
     
     
    106729 801
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 12/4/17 11:20 PM
    Wonderbar
    106654 1283
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 7/18/17 9:22 PM
    beltar
    105727 688
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/12/17 10:39 AM
    Lars997M
    103079 1837
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    83570 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    80428 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    77598 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    65181 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    62781 163
    377 items found, displaying 1 to 30.