Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997tt x F430 - video

Thanks, some nice videos there

Nice vid, that 430 sounds great. Couldn't hear the TT.

What a nice Car!!!

Nice vid + nice music, thx Porscha.

F-430 sounds fanatstic, but not enough Turbo footage.

Anyone know the name of the rapper group? Though inappropriate for the video, I liked their sound.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Nice vid + nice music, thx Porscha.

Like the cars, don't like the music.

To each his own I guess...

nice , nice , nice ... good job....

50 cent - hate it or love it , the music..
    and porsche beating ferrari!

And...Nick said......?

i like 50 cent!

Quote:
    xandi911 said:

What in the world are you talking about? The two cars were playing with one another. The last secment of the video has them drag racing and the 430 left the 997TT in the dust. Nevertheless I did not concluded the 430 beat the TT.

Frankly I could give a damn if the 997TT or gallardo are faster than then 430. All I know is I own the most coveted production car in the world. VERY VERY few people can say that.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

What in the world are you talking about? The two cars were playing with one another. The last secment of the video has them drag racing and the 430 left the 997TT in the dust. Nevertheless I did not concluded the 430 beat the TT.

Frankly I could give a damn if the 997TT or gallardo are faster than then 430. All I know is I own the most coveted production car in the world. VERY VERY few people can say that.

Nick, it is the most coveted by yourself, which is obviously good. Just don't try to overgeneralize .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

Nick, it is the most coveted by yourself, which is obviously good. Just don't try to overgeneralize .

By any measure it is the most coveted car in the world. The entire production is sold out and waiting list are huge. The car commands at least in the US 20% premium over MSRP for a used one.

BTW here is what Forbes magazine had to say about the 997TT

"If you can get your hands on one, that is: Ferrari or Lamborghini both have waiting list,while Porsche cranks out Turbos by the thousands."

I only report facts.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    By any measure it is the most coveted car in the world. The entire production is sold out and waiting list are huge. The car commands at least in the US 20% premium over MSRP for a used one.

This is Ferrari manipulating their own market. They could easily lower the value of the car by increasing production, if they have the desire and the capacity. Porsche can restrict their production of 997TT's to increase the value of this car. It depends on whether you like the convenience of being able to walk into a dealership and order a car and have it delivered to you in a few months or if you like to have that country club relationship with your dealer to get on the "list". The latter is more elitist. You get higher depreciation in the former in return for the convenience. The bottom line is that it is an artificially made market for Ferrari whereas Porsche is letting market forces decide what quantity to build. Regardless, they are both excellent cars based on the reviews.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

"If you can get your hands on one, that is: Ferrari or Lamborghini both have waiting list,while Porsche cranks out Turbos by the thousands."

I only report facts.

OK OK! you are happy with your ferrari... and we are happy with our porsche... but porsche is faster.

and btw nick , song name is: envy me

Nice video, nice cars!

actually its The Game featuring 50 Cent

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

I only report facts.

OK OK! you are happy with your ferrari... and we are happy with our porsche... but porsche is faster.

You may be right.

Alan you make a good point. Buying a Porsche is like buying a Ford, Chevy or Toyota. It slipped my mind.

i'm unable to draw any meaningful conclusion from the video beyond the obvious fact that the makers have REALLY bad taste in music as it relates to this subject.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

I only report facts.

Did you know that the wait for a new 599GTB and a new 997TT is broadly the same in Germany (the difference is just 6 months, i.e. 18 vs. 12 months)?

Drawing conclusions like the above based on the length of order periods is dangerous as the situation differs substantially in various markets. Ferrari does not give the US market enough cars. The other markets do get enough.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

I only report facts.

Did you know that the wait for a new 599GTB and a new 997TT is broadly the same in Germany (the difference is just 6 months, i.e. 18 vs. 12 months)?

Drawing conclusions like the above based on the length of order periods is dangerous as the situation differs substantially in various markets. Ferrari does not give the US market enough cars. The other markets do get enough.

Totally agree....length of supposed/mythical waitlists is meaningless stat.....anyone in US who has resources and has pals who are major F custs can get 430/599@MSRP w/o much wait (FNA seems reasonably smart re: building a robust repeat cust base w/25-50yo recession/Bubble burst-resistant custs) ....reality is perhaps 90%+ of guys w/serious resources aren't really car guys; view F/P as too inconvenient/irritating/poseurish; and just get a new SL/CL every 2-3 yrs.....

Curious if German mkt sees many Lond guys coming into Germany to arbitrage mkts and source their 599s more easily/cheaply vs Lond's tighter RHD mkt????.....

What's guess on what a 599's trade-in value would be in Germany in a yr after 10K mis??? My guess is a similarly used, loaded 997TT or SL65 in US would have 60-65% trade-in value after a yr....and 599 likely will have 100% (or more) trade-in value, but one needs to conveniently ignore F's "remarkable" safety (or lack thereof) and value of one's health/life to consider F a "cheaper" ownership proposition in US.....

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

I only report facts.

Nick, it's really hard for me to believe you're a lawyer. How can you draw such illogical conclusions? The entire production is sold out and the waiting list is long because Ferrari makes only a small number of F430s. Ever heard of supply and demand? If Ferrari made as many F430s as the 997TT it would have the same sales pattern for new cars. Actually I think the F430 would fare worse; i.e. there would be more on dealer lots, shorter waits, and bigger discounts than the 997TT, simply because the 997TT would cost less and cheaper to maintain (more demand).

Personally I think the F430, in particular the F430 Spyder, is one of the worst looking sports cars. September EVO magazine points out its styling flaws, and so they say the Gallardo Spyder beats it. Here are my complaints (and yes this is from seeing a few F430 Spyders in person):

1) hideous front bumper/nose.
    2) weird looking humps (looks after market) and cheap looking roll bars (roll bars look like Audi TT convertible roll bars). Compare with Gallardo Spyder (read September EVO)
    3) tacky clear engine cover and "Godzilla" vents along the sides. Looks "rice."
    4) rear diffuser isn't well integrated; looks after market.

Thankfully Ferrari is replacing the F430. Let's hope they fix these styling faults and make the replacement look more like the gorgeous F599!

David

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

I only report facts.

You may be right.

Alan you make a good point. Buying a Porsche is like buying a Ford, Chevy or Toyota. It slipped my mind.

Nick, you realy didnt mean to say that, did you?

please just a question(stupid question but)

does anybody knows the aproximated time of
    CARRERA GT 0 to 300km/h ?

Quote:
    VKSF said:

Curious if German mkt sees many Lond guys coming into Germany to arbitrage mkts and source their 599s more easily/cheaply vs Lond's tighter RHD mkt????.....

What's guess on what a 599's trade-in value would be in Germany in a yr after 10K mis??? My guess is a similarly used, loaded 997TT or SL65 in US would have 60-65% trade-in value after a yr....and 599 likely will have 100% (or more) trade-in value, but one needs to conveniently ignore F's "remarkable" safety (or lack thereof) and value of one's health/life to consider F a "cheaper" ownership proposition in US.....

RHD is sort of a natural barrier to entry - protecting the German and other Central European markets from too many British car nuts

Regarding depreciation of the new 599GTB: Difficult to answer. I would expect the 599 to trade around 50% of its original price after three years and 80.000km

After 10.000km the price might still be close to (probably 5%-10% below) MSRP?

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    please just a question(stupid question but)

does anybody knows the aproximated time of
    CARRERA GT 0 to 300km/h ?

Around 32-34 seconds

a friend in Italy have ordered a f430 in july and this will be ready to drive on october......no long list.
    (no special friends I know for it...)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/3/19 8:54 AM
    Porker
    417428 5218
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/30/18 7:55 PM
    RCA
    327717 2018
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost

214972 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/21/19 8:49 AM
    bridggar
    213437 2773
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 1/22/19 2:59 AM
    Grant
    140105 2538
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 1/22/19 7:08 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    43591 608
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 1/16/19 10:53 PM
    Leawood911
    39441 383
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    15097 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14366 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 1/17/19 3:54 PM
    Lars997M
    4407 43
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 718 T (Boxster & Cayman) 12/29/18 7:17 PM
    spudgun
    3644 27
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    485903 4255
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    309309 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/31/18 2:19 AM
    DJM48
    284776 2598
    Porsche Cayman GT4 1/22/19 4:36 PM
    Grant
    272665 2663
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/17/19 8:13 PM
    GoHardGT3RS
    194515 1789
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    193188 1074
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/14/19 8:04 PM
    TB993tt
    188515 3331
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    155795 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    144107 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112606 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    107438 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/21/19 12:26 AM