Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

MY Christmas Gift to the Porschephiles on this board.

I will reserve my comments.

Summary of 2006 Residual Value Award Winners
    BRAND AWARDS BRAND
    Industry Brand Residual Value Award American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
    Luxury Brand Residual Value Award BMW of North America, LLC
    SEGMENT AWARDS VEHICLES
    Compact Car MINI Cooper
    Midsize Car Honda Accord
    Fullsize Car Toyota Avalon
    Sports Car Porsche 911 Carrera
    Near Luxury Car Acura TL
    Luxury Car Mercedes-Benz CLS Class
    Minivan Honda Odyssey
    CUV (Crossover Utility Vehicle) Land Rover Range Rover Sport
    Compact SUV Toyota RAV4
    Midsize SUV Toyota 4Runner
    Fullsize SUV Toyota Sequoia
    Compact Truck Toyota Tacoma Pick-Up
    Fullsize Truck Toyota Tundra

Re: MY Christmas Gift to the Porschephiles on this board.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I will reserve my comments.

But for how long?

Oooops! I just broke my New Year's resolution and it's barely even Christmas yet.

I for one don't really care about awards and such but I'm sure some do. I never buy a car based on what other people think so the awards really don't mean anything to me. But if I were in the car business and my car won I would use it to sell sell sell.

you got me all excited.
    I thought your gift was that you were going away.
    can't you find another board to haunt for next year ?

Now, now... it is Xmas, lets all be friends!

So Merry Xmas again, you too Nick!

Merry Chrimbo Nicholas ..

throt..

MY Christmas Gift to the Porschephiles on this board.

Hey nberry!!! I am new to this board, so I am not sure who you are, but I suspect you have said negative thoughts in the past on this board. You said you will reserve your comments, but your quote at the end was "If you want passion...drive a Ferrari" What is that about? First of all, I have had 3 Ferraris , two 328's and a 355. Nice cars, but nothing special. I almost bought a 348, but I found it to be lacking. Second, if Ferraris are so great to drive, then why does every Ferrari listed for sale always has NO mileage on them. You can buy many Ferraris that are 10 years old and have 11k miles on them. The people that own these cars have money for sure, so they should not worry about driving these cars and enjoying them. However, they hardly ever drive them. They put them in a garage and clean them. They dust them. They make sure everybody see them sitting in the garage or pull them out on the drive. They take them out for a few days each year just to be seen driving them. Honestly, it's more about EGO and not about the passion of driving for Ferrari owners, or they would be driving them! If they are so great then DRIVE them. My sister said in a very special way. Every time I bought a Ferrari she said: "Sorry about your Peni$"(because Ferrari owners have small ones!) God bless you and may Santa give you what you REALLY need for Christmas.

Quote:
    stork said:
    Hey nberry!!! I am new to this board, so I am not sure who you are, but I suspect you have said negative thoughts in the past on this board. You said you will reserve your comments, but your quote at the end was "If you want passion...drive a Ferrari" What is that about? First of all, I have had 3 Ferraris , two 328's and a 355. Nice cars, but nothing special. I almost bought a 348, but I found it to be lacking. Second, if Ferraris are so great to drive, then why does every Ferrari listed for sale always has NO mileage on them. You can buy many Ferraris that are 10 years old and have 11k miles on them. The people that own these cars have money for sure, so they should not worry about driving these cars and enjoying them. However, they hardly ever drive them. They put them in a garage and clean them. They dust them. They make sure everybody see them sitting in the garage or pull them out on the drive. They take them out for a few days each year just to be seen driving them. Honestly, it's more about EGO and not about the passion of driving for Ferrari owners, or they would be driving them! If they are so great then DRIVE them. My sister said in a very special way. Every time I bought a Ferrari she said: "Sorry about your Peni$"(because Ferrari owners have small ones!) God bless you and may Santa give you what you REALLY need for Christmas.

What was that about.

ON A PORSCHE BOARD, I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE "PASSION OF DRIVING... A FERRARI" I HAVE STRONG FEELINGS ON THIS SUBJECT. IT COMES FROM PAYING FOR FERRARI BELT WORK.

Quote:
    stork said:
    ON A PORSCHE BOARD, I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE "PASSION OF DRIVING... A FERRARI" I HAVE STRONG FEELINGS ON THIS SUBJECT. IT COMES FROM PAYING FOR FERRARI BELT WORK.

Nick just enjoys provoking discussion There is a Ferrari board here too

even if you havent told us ,we would have guessed you are new in the board....
    merry christmas nick...

Long ago when I was a rennteam noob, I would occasionally get suckered into one of nick's quagmires. Those of you that haven't been here long will soon realize that yes, nick is an inflammatory troll, but he's OUR troll. And since every single board out there has to have at least one member like this, it might as well be someone who shares pics of his own great car and never intends to hurt anyone's feelings.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I'm not sure rennteam would be the same without him.

Merry Christmas Nick!

mcdelaug

yes, you are correct. I went back and reviewed the history of Nick's posting. Actually, they are interesting and teasingly fun. Merry Christmas Nick and get out there and put some miles on that Ferrari. The 977 board must be pretty passionate to or you would not be here. Remember, I am an ObGyn and not a Urologist, so I do not know much about that topic my sister spoke or either. Happy New Year

Stork, try driving a later model Ferrari. The older models, though cherished by many, do nothing for me.

Regarding your sister comments, as a OBGYN you should clue her in that size doesn't matter so long as you know what you are doing. Obviously, she is inexperienced in such matters.

VERRRRY GOOOOD!!!! Yep, that is exactly what I told her when shen said it to me when I drove the Ferraris! Truth is she rides a beater and a bicycle. No passion. Your 430 really does looks like a beautiful machine. It has wonderful reviews and you know it. I never owned a 360 or newer, but for me, living in Ohio, my soul and heart belongs to a 997 C4S (coming in Feb.) For now I drive a 2004 M3 Convertible in the winter on snows and still have a kicking time. Best wishes too you and at least you know I am passioante about this stuff. Oh, and please stick around.....after all YOU were here be for me and you seem to be very interesting.

Merry Xmas Nick.

Here's my main problem with Ferrari. Last year I was all excited about buying this pre-owned Testarossa (TR512). Saw it briefly, had to leave was excited and did my research all week, went back to dealership. Finally got to sit in it and I couldn't fit!! I'm a 6'1" 180lbs (which is normal) and I couldn't fit! Verrrry disappointed, I heard Mr Ferrari mockingly saying in the Background, "Yooah wannah buyah myah karrah, eh? Yoo tooah beeg!! Tooah badda furrah yooo! Haha! Now goah homeh!" I know Ferrari is an exclusive machine, but must the passion be reserved (at least for the TR512) for guys as short as the Ferrari family?

(hey, to be fair, I got a few little problems with the Porsche family product too)

I never sat in a Testarossa (TR512, but at 5' 11" 225 I never had problem with my 3282 or 355. By the way, how many miles on that old FERRARI????

Quote:
    stork said:
    VERRRRY GOOOOD!!!! Yep, that is exactly what I told her when shen said it to me when I drove the Ferraris! Truth is she rides a beater and a bicycle. No passion. Your 430 really does looks like a beautiful machine. It has wonderful reviews and you know it. I never owned a 360 or newer, but for me, living in Ohio, my soul and heart belongs to a 997 C4S (coming in Feb.) For now I drive a 2004 M3 Convertible in the winter on snows and still have a kicking time. Best wishes too you and at least you know I am passioante about this stuff. Oh, and please stick around.....after all YOU were here be for me and you seem to be very interesting.

My best wishes to you and your sister.

BTW, I am a passionate critic of Porsche but even I will tell your 997 will be miles ahead of the M3. Enjoy!

Quote:
    stork said:
    I went back and reviewed the history of Nick's posting. Actually, they are interesting and teasingly fun. Merry Christmas Nick and get out there and put some miles on that Ferrari.

Yeah, it's no harm done. C'mon fellas, don't take it so seriously, we're all just trying to inform/entertain and be informed/entertained at the same time.

Quote:
    mcdelaug said:
    Those of you that haven't been here long will soon realize that yes, nick is an inflammatory troll, but he's OUR troll.

Who would have thunk...

Merry Christmas to you too Nick.

So, then, Nick is our crazy Uncle we keep locked in the attic but who gets loose every once in a while and comes downstairs to "honor" us with his (good natured) ravings while drooling about the planet (and the wonderful vehicles there) where he's from?

My prediction for 2006: Nick sells his F car, buys a TT and becomes a rabid Porschephile.

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    My prediction for 2006: Nick sells his F car, buys a TT and becomes a rabid Porschephile.

I think I have a better chance at breaking 70 in golf. (Which is not likely)

Maybe the operative word here is "rabid"?

rabid Porschephile?
    /uploads/173365-Project1.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/2/17 10:46 AM
    watt
    255357 1618
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/10/17 3:00 PM
    Grant
    230369 3655
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/10/17 11:46 PM
    GaussM
    77506 1232
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 12/11/17 12:40 AM
    JimFlat6
    58186 620
    Porsche Sticky Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/9/17 9:24 PM
    Wonderbar
    33484 358
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/28/17 12:15 AM
    EnglishManInNY
    23027 332
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New Porsche Carrera T 12/1/17 7:24 PM
    crayphile
    12964 243
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 718 GTS models (Oct. 2017) 10/24/17 12:19 PM
    amazon
    5275 19
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    539173 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 11/22/17 10:44 AM
    Gnil
    447036 5791
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 10/26/17 1:33 PM
    NSXER
    440968 4239
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    250166 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 11/29/17 1:09 PM
    DJM48
    243060 2520
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1

229275 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/27/17 12:09 PM
    the-missile
    208056 2479
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    173464 1699
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 11/13/17 4:48 PM
    RCA
    159504 1066
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 11/13/17 2:32 AM
    Pilot

159226 874
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/21/17 3:35 PM
    Topspeed
    134531 1169
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/30/17 8:38 PM
    Mikla
    133827 2810
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    122444 1651
    Porsche Collected my 997 GTS today 1/22/17 7:32 AM
    BiTurbo

106607 801
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 12/4/17 11:20 PM
    Wonderbar
    106423 1283
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 7/18/17 9:22 PM
    beltar
    105373 688
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/9/17 12:46 PM
    RCA
    102458 1830
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    83295 765
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    80107 732
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    77268 861
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM