Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    http://www22.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/...iletype=default

    if you look at the red C4S in the picture you can really see how much that little bit of flair on the rear end makes in the look of the car ........... I would go with the 4 wheel drive just to get the fatter rear end ..

    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    Thank you Ocean!

    Yeah, I love the look- very subtle.
    I can't wait to see it in person! The extra flare seems to lessen the hump too.

    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    ......you'll get the same rear with the 997TT.

    Doesn't look THAT much wider than stock Carrera to me....

    I'll have to see it in person.

    Re: Doesn't look THAT much wider than stock Carrera to me....

    Quote:
    you'll get the same rear with the 997TT


    great as long as it does not have a wing like the wing on the aero kit .

    Re: Doesn't look THAT much wider than stock Carrera to me....

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    you'll get the same rear with the 997TT


    great as long as it does not have a wing like the wing on the aero kit .



    Dont think thats gnna happen... that wings gnna be on the GT3(i think)


    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    OCEAN,
    What are the options and the msrp for the 4S Cab you're ordering ?

    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    I have not ordered it yet.. I really want a Turbo cab and if I order the the C4S I will sell it when the Turbo cab comes out . If the Turbo cab is not more than a year out I will wait for that . I should have done what you did buy one of the first 997 Cabs and just waited for the turbo cab while I had a 997 to drive right now . I use to be much more on top of things and get a new Porsche every year or so .

    After getting a 996 C4 cab I fell out of love with the car and got use to driving other cars . Now that the 911 is back in true form with the 997 it is time to get on board again but I want to buy and keep one and not have to buy a new one every time there is a new version that is better . I think at this point waiting for the Turbo 997 cab may be the way to go if it is not too far out .

    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    http://www22.porsche.com/filestore.aspx/...iletype=default

    if you look at the red C4S in the picture you can really see how much that little bit of flair on the rear end makes in the look of the car ........... I would go with the 4 wheel drive just to get the fatter rear end ..



    Like I said in an older post: you can't really see the difference when you see the cars SEPERATELY one from each other. And we even had trouble to see the difference when we saw a CS Cab and C4 Cab one next to each other at the factory.

    The car on the picture looks THAT wide because it is the angle the picture has been shot (clever photographer).
    And yes, the 997 Carrera S looks very wide too, especially when you look at it as a pedestrian right from behind.

    Regarding the 997 TT comment: to our knowledge, the 997 TT gets even wider tires for the rear, 315s are rumoured.

    For me, performance counts. And looking at the C4/C4S test figures of various car magazines over the past few weeks, the performance loss isn't really worth the somehow wider rear. Just my personal opinion.

    Re: 997 C4S that fatttttttttttt rearrrrrrrrrrr !

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    I have not ordered it yet.. I really want a Turbo cab and if I order the the C4S I will sell it when the Turbo cab comes out . If the Turbo cab is not more than a year out I will wait for that . I should have done what you did buy one of the first 997 Cabs and just waited for the turbo cab while I had a 997 to drive right now . I use to be much more on top of things and get a new Porsche every year or so .

    After getting a 996 C4 cab I fell out of love with the car and got use to driving other cars . Now that the 911 is back in true form with the 997 it is time to get on board again but I want to buy and keep one and not have to buy a new one every time there is a new version that is better . I think at this point waiting for the Turbo 997 cab may be the way to go if it is not too far out .



    Definately sounds like it would be best for you to wait for the Turbo Cab. By the time you took delivery of a 4S Cab it wouldn't be too long before info on the Turbo's are out. So, if you're already eyeing the Turbo Cab how long would you be able to enjoy a 4S Cab before seeing the car you really want ? I knew last August 2004 when I first saw the 997 coupes that I would want the Turbo cab. If I wasn't able to get one of the first S Cab's I definately would have waited for the Turbo Cab. And since you "want to buy and keep one"- I'd target the Turbo Cab.

    If you haven't already I would visit dealers and find out which place you would have the best opportunity to purchase an early Turbo Cab. I know in my area every single dealer (around 10) already has deposits from people. At least put your name on a list, you can always back away. I have a feeling that once the press is out on the car and it's in all the magazines getting hold of one will be even more difficult then getting an S cab delivered this past Spring..

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/3/19 8:54 AM
    Porker
    417274 5218
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/30/18 7:55 PM
    RCA
    327657 2018
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    214926 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/21/19 8:49 AM
    bridggar
    213232 2773
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 1/21/19 8:40 PM
    GoHardGT3RS
    139648 2532
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 1/21/19 8:46 PM
    Sidney
    42657 593
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 1/16/19 10:53 PM
    Leawood911
    39425 383
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    15081 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14343 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 1/17/19 3:54 PM
    Lars997M
    4391 43
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 718 T (Boxster & Cayman) 12/29/18 7:17 PM
    spudgun
    3624 27
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    485880 4255
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    309078 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/31/18 2:19 AM
    DJM48
    284732 2598
    Porsche Cayman GT4 1/21/19 5:53 PM
    the-missile
    272294 2657
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/17/19 8:13 PM
    GoHardGT3RS
    194481 1789
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    193165 1074
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/14/19 8:04 PM
    TB993tt
    188469 3331
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    155746 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    144082 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112584 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    107422 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/21/19 12:26 AM
    4trac
    94829 1318
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    68179 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    58002 423
    Others Tesla Roadster 1/21/19 10:15 AM
    RCA
    51605 1571
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47909 477
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    43269 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42760 605
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/19/18 8:31 AM
    RCA
    40304 472
    274 items found, displaying 1 to 30.