Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    What my girlfriend had to say...

    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...


    I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Your girl is a keeper!

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I felt like proposing



    Sounds like she's got your number!

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...


    I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing



    Now that's a woman

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...


    I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing



    most girls i know prefer porsches over ferraris (993 convertibles are #1). but i'm buying cars for MYSELF

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    BC997J she said that becuase she knew if you were driving around in a Ferrari every girl that would see you would be trying to pick up on you and she probably doesn't want the competition.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    BC997J she said that becuase she knew if you were driving around in a Ferrari every girl that would see you would be trying to pick up on you and she probably doesn't want the competition.





    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    BC997J she said that becuase she knew if you were driving around in a Ferrari every girl that would see you would be trying to pick up on you and she probably doesn't want the competition.



    The other part of the gender politics operant here is that she probably wanted to send an enthusiastic message about whose team she is (currently) really on. My wife sometimes inadvertantly reveals she could care less about hot cars. Other times she's waxing profoundly about Porsches. Go figure. "Girls" are impossible to comprehend fully, like expert-level drivers they run circles around us.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women. Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car. As Ocean accurately pointed out; they prefer the looks of a Porsche because it is a like an old shoe. No one will notice the car and will look at the woman in it.

    The above facts are irrefutable and are based on extremely accurate surveys.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Ferrari is definitely a feminine-looking car.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Old shoe? LOL...Seriously, I think you check out Miami beach - see a how many hot P's there are - then look at the driver (whom if female) is invariably


    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    mish said:
    Old shoe? LOL...Seriously, I think you check out Miami beach - see a how many hot P's there are - then look at the driver (whom if female) is invariably





    Old shoe is apt description of a Porsche. Periodically you replace the sole, heel and laces with upgraded materials. The body of the shoe remains the same.

    BTW, more women driving Porsches proves my point.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    You want to see if it is true love ? Ask her if she wants to spend the day detailing the car with you and if she does , well that may be a keeper .

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    P = Wealthy ,, F = Loads of wonga ..

    Women love there crinklies ..

    Me i have no prob even in my Austin A40 ..

    throt..

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women.
    Quote:


    So you drive a Ferrari to impress and get looks from men???



    Quote:
    Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car.



    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    A friend of mine and previous owner of a Ferrari, currently driving a Smart, put it this way, quote:

    "Driving the Ferrari girls look at you but with fear, and knowing all you want is to sleep with them and move on. Also, there's always the doubt in their heads of whether your machine works as well as the Ferrari or if the F car is simply to compensate the lack of...." "My smart is the perfect pick-up car since its cool and understated showing personal confidence and sensibility...."

    I have to say I thought it was hilarious when he told me. This guy is defenetly more interested in women than cars although he has the money to have any car. After seeing him in action with his smart, I can testify that the little bastard is right that's why I think he's quote is objective and accurate enough to chellenge Nick's irrefutable comments....

    I am not changing my car for a smart but maybe should get one for the weekend....

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women. Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car. As Ocean accurately pointed out; they prefer the looks of a Porsche because it is a like an old shoe. No one will notice the car and will look at the woman in it.




    Women fear that the reliability factor of a Ferrari driver and his car are too closely linked, so they don't touch either.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...


    I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing



    I think your girfriend is more comfortable with you driving in a Porsche because in a Ferrari, there would be more women hitting on you. Just my humble opinion.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    senra said:
    A friend of mine and previous owner of a Ferrari, currently driving a Smart, put it this way, quote:




    Wow. Isn't the Smart one of those really dinky little cars? I can't imagine going from a Ferrari down to a Smart.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    GF's and wives generally prefer P's over F's as I think they perceive them to be less threatening.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    This is pretty interesting, here in the UK the story seems to be completely different. A recent survey found the 911 to have the highest percentage of desirability of any car amongst males, and the lowest amongst females. My girlfriend, her sister and her friends all love my outgoing M3, but to a woman they think the incoming 911S is "ugly" and "dated". I asked them all: seriously, which car would you take if you could have either for nothing? The 2 year old M3 everytime!

    br d

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women. Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car. As Ocean accurately pointed out; they prefer the looks of a Porsche because it is a like an old shoe. No one will notice the car and will look at the woman in it.

    The above facts are irrefutable and are based on extremely accurate surveys.



    OMG ! LOL !

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    Ente said:Women fear that the reliability factor of a Ferrari driver and his car are too closely linked, so they don't touch either.



    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...


    I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing



    Maybe your girlfriend was dumped by the guy driving in the Ferrari.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Ferrari is definitely a feminine-looking car.



    Indeed.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Ferrari is definitely a feminine-looking car.



    Surely you must be joking. If anything, the thing that puts me off about Ferraris is they look hyper-masculine and dripping with testosterone. Good for a rage, but not for a relationship. Now, a 911 with her sexy hips, ample rear, understated elegance, and all the right naughty bits: That is what really gets me going!

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    If you ask a girl if she had her choice to ride in a 430 or a 977 I bet it would be the Ferrari hands down . Bad boy vs clean cut ..............

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    If you ask a girl if she had her choice to ride in a 430 or a 977 I bet it would be the Ferrari hands down . Bad boy vs clean cut ..............



    Ride yes but I think in most cases that's it. Insecure women feel that they may have to compete with an F-car, IMO.

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Wives might equate the F with a crisis of sorts - which could also involve a younger female companion, if you know what I mean.
    The P is more practical, and may be less associated with "a life alerting crisis?"

    Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

    Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    If you ask a girl if she had her choice to ride in a 430 or a 977 I bet it would be the Ferrari hands down . Bad boy vs clean cut ..............



    Ride yes but I think in most cases that's it. Insecure women feel that they may have to compete with an F-car, IMO.



    You know that due ..

    Agreed ..

    throt..

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 1/3/19 8:54 AM
    Porker
    416653 5218
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/30/18 7:55 PM
    RCA
    327359 2018
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    214707 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 1/14/19 3:36 PM
    Kobalt
    211590 2753
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 1/14/19 6:40 PM
    ZahirD
    137894 2510
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 1/17/19 11:58 PM
    RCA
    39388 542
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 1/16/19 10:53 PM
    Leawood911
    39250 383
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    15006 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14272 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 1/17/19 3:54 PM
    Lars997M
    4238 43
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 718 T (Boxster & Cayman) 12/29/18 7:17 PM
    spudgun
    3529 27
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    485710 4255
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    308190 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 12/31/18 2:19 AM
    DJM48
    284518 2598
    Porsche Cayman GT4 1/7/19 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    271845 2653
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 1/17/19 8:13 PM
    GoHardGT3RS
    194273 1789
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    193076 1074
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 1/14/19 8:04 PM
    TB993tt
    188222 3331
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    155522 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143996 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112534 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    107345 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 1/18/19 12:26 AM
    RCA
    94093 1307
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    68095 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57952 423
    Others Tesla Roadster 1/12/19 11:16 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    51203 1566
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47816 477
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    43248 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42721 605
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/19/18 8:31 AM
    RCA
    40273 472
    272 items found, displaying 1 to 30.