Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4878

    Good race for Audi and Porsche at Road Atlanta and season titles for Porsche at LMP2 and GT2.

    The Porsche/VW/Audi empire strikes back

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Good race for Peugot. They almost won the race their first time out on a track they've never raced before.

    I didn't even know they were going to be there until I turned on the T/V and saw it on track. I had to make sure I wasn't watching the European series .

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Heist said:
    Good race for Peugot. They almost won the race their first time out on a track they've never raced before.

    I didn't even know they were going to be there until I turned on the T/V and saw it on track. I had to make sure I wasn't watching the European series .



    Actually,Peugeot had the fastest car this year, but they managed to lose the 24h race at LM although they were favourites and they also lost the European LM series at the last race, after they dominated the previous rounds.

    Audi had the better luck and the better strategy in many races and I think the better drivers too.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Yes, the Penske Spyders were fantastic! Unfortunately some credible rumors point to Penske not racing with Porsche for 2009. Lets hope that these rumors are wrong.

    The Flying Lizard's #45 had problems with severe under steering. They changed the gearbox before the race and apparently they were having problems with the differential.
    This explains why the Ferrari came from a lap down and managed to overtake them.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    Yes, the Penske Spyders were fantastic! Unfortunately some credible rumors point to Penske not racing with Porsche for 2009. Lets hope that these rumors are wrong.

    The Flying Lizard's #45 had problems with severe under steering. They changed the gearbox before the race and apparently they were having problems with the differential.
    This explains why the Ferrari came from a lap down and managed to overtake them.



    What came out of the Highcroft Acura pre-race protest about the five Spyders using illegal fuel? Do you know anything?

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Nothing yet reginos.
    I'll let you know as soon as I learn anything.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    BTW - It is also (strongly) rumored that Dyson will not be racing the Spyders in 2009.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    BTW - It is also (strongly) rumored that Dyson will not be racing the Spyders in 2009.



    Are Penske/Dyson switching to other cars, or abandoning LMP2 altogether?

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    No one knows. One of the rumors point to Penske getting involved in the Toyota LMP1 project.

    I think they will both be back....maybe not with Porsche

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    The crash with Pilet near the end of race (coming down the hill towards turn 12) was spectacular, and very frightening. Luckily everyone walked away.

    Anyone who has driven Road Atlanta knows that parking a car there (intentional or not) is asking for big trouble. This is a very difficult and blind section of track.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Mellow Yellow said:
    The crash with Pilet near the end of race (coming down the hill towards turn 12) was spectacular, and very frightening. Luckily everyone walked away.

    Anyone who has driven Road Atlanta knows that parking a car there (intentional or not) is asking for big trouble. This is a very difficult and blind section of track.



    Actually I watched part of the race live on MotorsTV and also the highlights and I enjoyed it much more than F1. More action and the way the track dips and turns is fantastic. A real track unlike many F1 "artificials".

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    The latest (credible) rumor is that it is almost 100% (but not quite) sure that Penske will be back in ALMS for 2009, but likely not with Porsche.

    If this is true, it is a real shame for Porsche. The Penske outfit is second to none.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.



    Thanks for the detailed info!

    It is a case of this Highcroft Acuras being bad losers then!

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    @reginos - More news on the fuel protest:
    On Thursday of this week IMSA released a Competition Memo # ALMS 08-04 that allows competitors to use additional detergent (Techron) in the spec fuel provided by the Series. Techron is a current additive to the spec IMSA E10 fuel. Porsche approached IMSA about a variance to the fuel regulation as they were struggling with a technical detail on their direct injection RS Spyder engine. Apparently the spec E10 fuel was causing detrimental levels of deposits to build up in the direct injectors leading to reliability concerns. IMSA issued the variance to allow Porsche (and any ALMS team) to run higher levels of Techron in the IMSA E10 fuel. This alteration was in discussion for at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the event. The additional Techron additive was administered to the fuel by IMSA during the race weekend. It is said that Acura has been consulted throughout the variance consideration.



    Thanks for the detailed info!

    It is a case of this Highcroft Acura team being bad losers then!

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    No problem!

    A protest was lodged before the race and fuel was collected form the Spyders and sent to a lab for analysis. According to the Stewards, the race results will remain provisional until the fuel analysis is completed.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    It's not a competitive advantage if any team can use the same additive levels. Acura has no case here.

    Re: ALMS-Petit Le Mans

    Quote:
    Spyderidol said:
    No problem!

    A protest was lodged before the race and fuel was collected form the Spyders and sent to a lab for analysis. According to the Stewards, the race results will remain provisional until the fuel analysis is completed.



    I've been checking the IMSA and ALMS web-sites and the points for PLM have been awarded as of today.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 3/21/19 8:20 PM
    4trac
    333955 2077
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 3/20/19 9:25 PM
    CGX car nut
     
     
     
     
     
    223447 1178
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 3/20/19 3:11 PM
    crayphile
    151727 2664
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 3/21/19 1:55 PM
    ISUK
    72792 917
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 3/5/19 3:05 PM
    Kobalt
    17269 158
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    14909 35
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 992 Carrera Cabriolet 3/13/19 6:43 AM
    Mikla
    12788 145
    Porsche Sticky New 992 Turbo 3/4/19 10:48 AM
    RCA
    6562 52
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 3/21/19 1:52 PM
    nberry
    5820 89
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 1/4/19 7:02 PM
    Topspeed
    487774 4255
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 3/20/19 9:11 AM
    RCA
    425863 5229
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    321388 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 3/1/19 8:53 PM
    DJM48
    287928 2603
    Porsche Cayman GT4 3/17/19 12:44 PM
    bluelines
    285992 2815
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 3/21/19 9:19 PM
    bluelines
    223020 2808
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 3/14/19 6:37 AM
    koko
    196329 1791
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 3/6/19 10:41 AM
    RCA
    192865 3358
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    158921 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    144945 757
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    113323 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    108219 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 3/15/19 6:55 PM
    CGX car nut
    101258 1389
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    69149 673
    Others Tesla Roadster 3/21/19 9:07 PM
    CGX car nut
    67690 2089
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    48776 477
    AMG AMG GT R 3/6/19 7:44 PM
    RCA
    43812 619
    Lambo Lamborghini Huracan and variants 3/18/19 7:02 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    43231 838
    Lambo Aventador and SV 3/20/19 8:34 AM
    RCA
    42239 491
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    40802 650
    AMG Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 2/14/19 1:44 PM
    RCA
    40666 387
    274 items found, displaying 1 to 30.