Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Whoohoo!

    German:
    http://www2.porsche.com/cayman/pd.asp

    English:
    http://www2.porsche.com/cayman/pcgb.asp

    3.4lt, 295bhp.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    MMmmm interesting... not a single pic of the car! Buggars!

    I couldnt find any specs on there??? Was there any? Interested to see what its going to weigh in at?

    So when do we expect to see official pictures of the car??

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    No specs apart from 3.4ltr, 295bhp.
    I was sad enough to be able to tellit's got the standard Boxster steering wheel and rear-view mirror.
    You can download the engine sound though - and it sounds good!

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Yeah, noticed the standard wheel as well. Thought it might have had sports seats and steering wheel standard...

    Be interesting to see what extra kit it gets to justify the extra Pounds5k over the boxster....

    The way I see it, if it had a 3.2 it should be cheaper than the boxster S without all of the Hood mech, maybe a grand or 2 cheaper. So your looking at about Pounds7000 markup on a boxster S...

    Must be lots of toys thrown in??

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Quote:
    RichJ said:
    Yeah, noticed the standard wheel as well. Thought it might have had sports seats and steering wheel standard...

    Be interesting to see what extra kit it gets to justify the extra Pounds5k over the boxster....

    The way I see it, if it had a 3.2 it should be cheaper than the boxster S without all of the Hood mech, maybe a grand or 2 cheaper. So your looking at about Pounds7000 markup on a boxster S...

    Must be lots of toys thrown in??



    Lots of toys thrown in? On a Porsche? The same company that charges extra for sports seats and sports steering wheel in a sports car?

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    I'm sure it actually has 300HP, this is just marketing to keep that gap to the 997 wide enough...

    But a 997 driver will get sweaty hands with a Cayman in his rear view mirror

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Quote:
    Zürich said:
    I'm sure it actually has 300HP, this is just marketing to keep that gap to the 997 wide enough...

    But a 997 driver will get sweaty hands with a Cayman in his rear view mirror



    A 997 driver would get sweaty hands with a well driven 987 S on his tail, but let's not go down those Cayman infested waters

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Thanks Atlantis .

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    What a joke. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Who are they trying to communicate to? 23-year olds waiting for the latest Toyota Corolla GTI??
    Sorry, but for me this is a disappointing song and dance voice-overed by a 90-year old grandpops.
    I'd just as soon watch the spy pics. At least there I can see a CAR!


    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    I am 33, which I guess is what Porsche might consider young and possible target market for Boxster/Cayman, and I feel the web page on the Cayman is for a 16 year old.

    Maybe they are going after a different segment, 18-25, unfortunateley with the wrong price tag.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    What a joke. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Who are they trying to communicate to? 23-year olds waiting for the latest Toyota Corolla GTI??
    Sorry, but for me this is a disappointing song and dance voice-overed by a 90-year old grandpops.
    I'd just as soon watch the spy pics. At least there I can see a CAR!





    Couldn't have said it better myself......sounds like a bunch of Porsche rah-rah to justify an inflated price more than anything else.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Cayman? I dislike the name. In the past, Porsche gave names based on their racing experience, oh, wait, I see, no more racing, so now they have to name their cars after animals. Sad, sad, sad.

    It was interesting that when I saw the Cayman last week, the name was missing from the car. I like it that way. Great car without the stupid name. That would be my first option on ordering the car, debadge the name from it.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Quote:
    vtrader said:
    Cayman? I dislike the name. In the past, Porsche gave names based on their racing experience, oh, wait, I see, no more racing, so now they have to name their cars after animals. Sad, sad, sad.

    It was interesting that when I saw the Cayman last week, the name was missing from the car. I like it that way. Great car without the stupid name. That would be my first option on ordering the car, debadge the name from it.



    Oh, that's an OLD can of worms you're opening there.
    Check former threads on the matter
    But you're quite right IMO.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    That was lame. Reminds me of the buick commercial with nothing but trees.

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    I am 18.. they must have made the Cayman for ME// muhahahahahaaahahaha

    Re: Cayman Officially Announced - Link Inside

    Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    ...You can download the engine sound though - and it sounds good!



    I agree. It does sound very good!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 2/24/18 4:56 AM
    watt
    264425 1711
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 2/23/18 9:04 PM
    Topspeed
    262478 4156
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 2/24/18 9:19 AM
    Moser
    91307 1523
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 2/24/18 8:48 AM
    ISUK
    70065 964
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 2/24/18 8:08 AM
    pmarkow
    0 360
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    549318 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    457406 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 2/9/18 9:50 PM
    MKSGRM
    447062 4251
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 2016 Porsche Carrera 911 [991.2] Facelift 3/24/17 12:49 PM
    RCA
    255527 1382
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 1/4/18 9:14 PM
    wurlie
    247866 2558
    Porsche 997 GT3 RS 4.0 3/15/17 10:40 PM
    noone1
     
     
     
     
     
    231488 737
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    213924 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    175715 1699
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/22/18 8:37 AM
    RCA
     
     
     
     
     
    165804 938
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    165055 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 2/24/18 9:59 AM
    xander71
    142925 1402
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 2/8/18 2:35 AM
    rhino
    139945 2901
    Porsche 991.2 GT3 Thread Closed 3/7/17 11:47 AM
    RCA
    125291 1651
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    111398 692
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    108185 1284
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 2/11/18 12:00 AM
    Topspeed
    105758 1870
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    87776 765
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 7/10/17 2:36 PM
    RCA
    81989 861
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    81862 732
    Porsche 991 GTS 4/3/17 4:27 PM
    bluelines
    68923 247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014 3/2/17 4:22 PM
    RCA
    67725 163
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 (facelift) Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S 3/30/17 7:33 PM
    Carlos from SpainM
    60729 131
    McLaren F1 8/23/17 11:10 AM
    Carlos from SpainM
    49752 202
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/27/17 10:34 PM
    rhino
    46698 638
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    42162 423
    358 items found, displaying 1 to 30.