Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Need another pic here

    "One of the best looking cars EVER made" J. Clarkson

    This pic was made by some other 928'rs, wnated to share it.

    Re: Need another pic here

    I agree with clarkson of course, but it's not just looks. The car was so well thought out and built. When you drive it, been a while for me, it feels so solid and when you hit the gas or brakes it just does what you want it to.

    Here is my favorite real world pic from a couple years ago. That's me in front. (yeah i posted it before) We had 35 miles of highway from this point with hardly any traffic and no police presence. That 35 miles didn't take long. There were 10 more cars behind the picture taker including a ford gt.

    The 22 year old 928 sounded as good or better than any of my buddies cars. We had 3 lanes to ourselves often and it was such an awesome experience. Passing the TR on the inside with the ford GT ahead on the right and the diablo coming up from behind.

    Porsche should make it again.

    Re: Need another pic here

    And what do you think it will be the next car after Panamera? Of course.... the Panamera coupe aka new 928... called Targa Florio....

    Re: Need another pic here

    Awesome pictures. Got any more? I never complain about looking at a 928.

    Re: Need another pic here

    Wow racerx, it's beautiful!
    But those mirrors... isn't this the 968?
    -Joost-

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    And what do you think it will be the next car after Panamera? Of course.... the Panamera coupe aka new 928... called Targa Florio....



    You mean this thing:

    Re: Need another pic here

    nice wheel;

    Re: Need another pic here

    nice butt;

    Re: Need another pic here

    nice side;

    Re: Need another pic here

    albino;

    Re: Need another pic here

    nice seat;

    Re: Need another pic here

    mirrors joost;

    Re: Need another pic here

    mine;

    Re: Need another pic here

    go for a ride;

    Re: Need another pic here

    Which is the best 928 ? The GTS ? What year ?

    Re: Need another pic here

    Racerx might I ask where in Mass. you're from?

    Re: Need another pic here

    Racerx, I thought the 928 only came with the early 944 style mirrors. Didn't know it adapted the more stylish mirrors later. Thanks for pointing that out. The 928 will always be one impressive piece of design and engineering!
    (They loved it on the programme Wheeler Dealers too)
    -Joost-

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Which is the best 928 ? The GTS ? What year ?



    The 928 body and interior layout was the same for the entire 17 years of production, they did it so right. The front and rear bumpers changed in 87 to the more rounded aero look. The GTS had the extra hip bulge of 1 inch for the rear tires. Spoilers and mirrors changed here and there.

    There were many different engine upgrade/changes, at least 10, from 220 hp to 345.

    If I wanted a 5 speed, I would opt for a GT. For an auto, I would want an 85/86 euro LH version. Mine is an 85 euro LH. Cosmetically, I prefer my non-aero look with the front spoiler, looks more agressive in person. BUT I wish i had the GTS bulge for my rear wheels.

    The euro lh engine just screams, it has much larger air flow capacity than others and the most agressive cams, very much the GT3 of 928's.

    Appreciation-wise, the last year of GTS 1995 commands top dollar.

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    AndyM said:
    Racerx might I ask where in Mass. you're from?



    Hi Andy, I have movd, I now live in the carolina's, will be able to drive it year-round. I did live in Worcester.

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Racerx, I thought the 928 only came with the early 944 style mirrors. Didn't know it adapted the more stylish mirrors later. Thanks for pointing that out. The 928 will always be one impressive piece of design and engineering!
    (They loved it on the programme Wheeler Dealers too)
    -Joost-



    Joost, the mirrors got switched over for the GTS model and any 928 can be retrofitted with the aero ones. Mine will get them.

    People who have not driven one of the good examples, really have no idea what an impressive car the 928 is.

    Re: Need another pic here

    Great pics! Thanks X

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Which is the best 928 ? The GTS ? What year ?



    The 928 body and interior layout was the same for the entire 17 years of production, they did it so right. The front and rear bumpers changed in 87 to the more rounded aero look. The GTS had the extra hip bulge of 1 inch for the rear tires. Spoilers and mirrors changed here and there.

    There were many different engine upgrade/changes, at least 10, from 220 hp to 345.

    If I wanted a 5 speed, I would opt for a GT. For an auto, I would want an 85/86 euro LH version. Mine is an 85 euro LH. Cosmetically, I prefer my non-aero look with the front spoiler, looks more agressive in person. BUT I wish i had the GTS bulge for my rear wheels.

    The euro lh engine just screams, it has much larger air flow capacity than others and the most agressive cams, very much the GT3 of 928's.

    Appreciation-wise, the last year of GTS 1995 commands top dollar.



    Thanks.... I have always loved that car. And like more and more as the year pass.
    And I so often think I should get one. I might take the plunge some day when I see a nice one

    Re: Need another pic here

    The Owner of this GTS (Fred) has done magic with the car, enjoy !!

    Re: Need another pic here

    Picture 2

    Re: Need another pic here

    Picture 3

    Re: Need another pic here

    Great Pics Mark. Your second one really the demonstrates the front mid-emgine layout, that really helps weight distribution. Is that car Cobalt blue?

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    Gnil said:

    And I so often think I should get one. I might take the plunge some day when I see a nice one



    Get one from Germany, 928's for the swiss market were actually built with slightly lower compression for emission regulations. Not many know that.

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    racerx said:
    Quote:
    Gnil said:

    And I so often think I should get one. I might take the plunge some day when I see a nice one



    Get one from Germany, 928's for the swiss market were actually built with slightly lower compression for emission regulations. Not many know that.



    I did not know that, but in the 80's we did have higher emission standards then Europe, so that makes sence.
    Thanks

    Re: Need another pic here

    Quote:
    racerx said:
    Great Pics Mark. Your second one really the demonstrates the front mid-emgine layout, that really helps weight distribution. Is that car Cobalt blue?



    Indeed the gentlemen really puts a lot of detail into the car in an attempt to get her as fast as possible. I think indeed she is cobalt blue!

    Regards,

    Mark

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 4/24/18 8:59 PM
    Grant
    283653 4502
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 4/24/18 2:49 PM
    Whoopsy
    270704 1816
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 4/24/18 11:22 PM
    Ferdie
     
     
     
     
     
    172078 985
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/25/18 3:27 PM
    MKSGRM
    101151 1790
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 4/25/18 7:21 AM
    RCA
    80637 1130
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/25/18 3:02 PM
    noone1
    23153 1110
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    553896 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    461739 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    450859 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 3/11/18 5:44 PM
    RCA
    249737 2560
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    217027 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    177331 1699
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    167222 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 3/31/18 10:47 PM
    watt
    147219 1495
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/24/18 1:41 PM
    DJM48
    142182 2937
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    113485 692
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 4/25/18 3:42 PM
    nberry
    110648 2090
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    109177 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    89355 765
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 4/20/18 6:04 PM
    noone1
    84280 869
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    82759 732
    McLaren F1 8/23/17 11:10 AM
    Carlos from SpainM
    51151 202
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 3/30/18 9:09 AM
    TB993tt
    48204 640
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 4/23/18 2:30 AM
    Targa Tim
    46641 726
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    42845 423
    Lambo Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring? 11/7/17 12:30 AM
    kingjr9000
    37009 852
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/29/17 12:27 PM
    DJM48
    31330 471
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    31106 597
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    31018 1122
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/12/18 2:01 PM
    crayphile
    28313 427
    345 items found, displaying 1 to 30.