Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Window problem. Need advice please

    This is the 3rd time it has happened to me.
    I lock my car (997S) come back later, and the windows are opened!
    Twice fully opened, and once about two inches.
    I've been lucky that the car was in a safe place, but I wouldn't want that to happen on the street for example.
    I usually unlock the car, put the ignition on, wind up the windows and then it's fine.

    I've looked into the manual, but couldn't find anything in particular.

    I thought it could be me who, by inadvertance, presses the key in my jeans pocket or something like that (the key buttons are very sensitive and I often pop the trunk open for example).

    Anyone has had a similar experience and an explanation?
    Before I book it with the dealer?

    Thanks in advance.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:

    This is the 3rd time it has happened to me.
    I lock my car (997S) come back later, and the windows are opened!
    Twice fully opened, and once about two inches.
    I've been lucky that the car was in a safe place, but I wouldn't want that to happen on the street for example.
    I usually unlock the car, put the ignition on, wind up the windows and then it's fine.

    I've looked into the manual, but couldn't find anything in particular.



    You expected some kind of feature?

    Probably you've ordered Exclusive option NVVS by accident -- "Natural automatic auxiliary independend vehicle ventilation system (including air sensor)"!

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

    This is the 3rd time it has happened to me.
    I lock my car (997S) come back later, and the windows are opened!
    Twice fully opened, and once about two inches.
    I've been lucky that the car was in a safe place, but I wouldn't want that to happen on the street for example.
    I usually unlock the car, put the ignition on, wind up the windows and then it's fine.

    I've looked into the manual, but couldn't find anything in particular.



    You expected some kind of feature?

    Probably you've ordered Exclusive option NVVS by accident -- "Natural automatic auxiliary independend vehicle ventilation system (including air sensor)"!



    We're gonna have to meet one of these days!!!

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    yep, I got the same problem and it was indeed the key buttons that were pressed while in the pocket. Went to the dealer and they change the behaviour of the system : as standard, when you keep the button pressed, the windows go down, they reprogrammed it to go up instead, so now when the button is pressed it go up, and when the windows are already up, well, no actions, they stay up.
    simple, n'est-il pas ?

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    If these were non-electric, manual windows, as they should be, there would be no problem.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    pants must be too tight!

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    If these were non-electric, manual windows, as they should be, there would be no problem.



    Manual windows . Sorry but not for me. I left manual windows a long time ago and will not go back.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    I have found my windows down 3 times when getting to my car in the morning. ( two times half down)

    I will check my pants!! I might need to get looser ones!

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    rv997 said:
    yep, I got the same problem and it was indeed the key buttons that were pressed while in the pocket. Went to the dealer and they change the behaviour of the system : as standard, when you keep the button pressed, the windows go down, they reprogrammed it to go up instead, so now when the button is pressed it go up, and when the windows are already up, well, no actions, they stay up.
    simple, n'est-il pas ?



    I have the same situation - keep key pressed and the windows go up. Useful if you've got out of the car without closing the window(s)

    Just get it re-programmed.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Hi guys, what about the sunroof can u get it to close as well?

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    bstew said:Manual windows . Sorry but not for me. I left manual windows a long time ago and will not go back.



    You would not say that if you drown in your car, and could not open your short-circuited windows.

    What is this? people insist on keeping forever an anachronistic manual gearbox/clutch but are lazy to turn a simple crank to move windows up and down? preferring heavy electric motors to do the work for them in a sports car?

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:Manual windows . Sorry but not for me. I left manual windows a long time ago and will not go back.



    You would not say that if you drown in your car, and could not open your short-circuited windows.

    What is this? people insist on keeping forever an anachronistic manual gearbox/clutch but are lazy to turn a simple crank to move windows up and down? preferring heavy electric motors to do the work for them in a sports car?



    Here here!

    I couldn't agree more.

    I'll take my C2S with manual windows, no sunroof, the -20 mm sport suspension with LSD, and a simple dash with maybe 4 or 5 (instead of 50) buttons on it, minus the TV screen. Oh - and black dials too. Shouldn't forget some really light weight 18 inch wheels (Manthey BBS wheels?) and PCCB's.

    No nav, park assist, heavy electric seats, blah blah blah.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    Silver Bullet said:
    Here here!

    I couldn't agree more.

    I'll take my C2S with manual windows, no sunroof, the -20 mm sport suspension with LSD, and a simple dash with maybe 4 or 5 (instead of 50) buttons on it, minus the TV screen. Oh - and black dials too. Shouldn't forget some really light weight 18 inch wheels (Manthey BBS wheels?) and PCCB's.

    No nav, park assist, heavy electric seats, blah blah blah.



    There you go! and (if you include PCCB) keep the same price, or lower. I know it will never happen, but it should.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Quote:
    ADias said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:Manual windows . Sorry but not for me. I left manual windows a long time ago and will not go back.



    You would not say that if you drown in your car, and could not open your short-circuited windows.

    What is this? people insist on keeping forever an anachronistic manual gearbox/clutch but are lazy to turn a simple crank to move windows up and down? preferring heavy electric motors to do the work for them in a sports car?



    Yes you are correct, I am too lazy to roll down my windows. [WRONG] If owning power windows in a sports car makes one lazy then I guess we all are lazy. I would like to see how many cars Porsche would sell if they got rid of "modern" features like power windows, A/C, Radio, Power steering, etc.

    Of course no one wants to come back to their car and see their windows down but that doesn't make one want to remove the power options. Remember cars are made by man and there will always be issues.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    Apparently this has been a problem for Porsche with the 997. When I first got my car all was as described in the manual. When you held down the button while unlocking, both windows would go down. Then, at about 1500 miles, I noticed that the right window would adjust during start-up, so I asked the technician to take a look. He replaced some electrical part, and updated the software from Porsche. I later discovered that the window lowering function of the key did not work. When I inquired with the technician he said that this was part of the software upgrade that Porsche had changed this function.

    I'm not too happy with this, since I bought a car that did one thing, and now it doesn't. What's next? Are the engineers at Porsche going to decide that I should really be going 182 mph, and update that software too?!

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    One would hope that the tech would tell you of any and all update changes to your car.

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    This is a problem that is potentially only an issue outside of the USA. (The USA models do not have the windows down feature programed). From what I'm seeing I think I like NOT having them!

    Dan

    Re: Window problem. Need advice please

    is there a list somewhore of what can be reprogrammed by the dealer and into which mode?

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/15/18 10:01 AM
    Na Mezger
    409832 5202
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/13/18 8:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    324431 2007
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    213342 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/18/18 9:16 PM
    Topspeed
    200249 2692
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/16/18 8:54 AM
    GnilM
    128683 2443
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    34332 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/18/18 5:56 PM
    Enmanuel
    22765 350
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14475 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13880 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    527881 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484394 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    298354 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    281462 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    267178 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192258 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    192037 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/16/18 1:27 PM
    hunterone
    184231 3295
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/17/18 12:42 PM
    RCA
    152716 2491
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143377 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    129146 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112051 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106837 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    90287 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67433 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57546 423
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/18/18 8:25 AM
    RCA
    47718 1502
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47192 477
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    43037 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42314 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39821 650
    279 items found, displaying 1 to 30.