Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Guys, last weekend I've seen a friend who's working for P (at Weisach). He told me that I should probably go to Leipzig for the AMI Autoshow and was blinking into my eyes. This was when we've been talking about the Facelifts.

    So I think we will most probably see the facelift there.

    Would make sence to me, too. As Leipzig is the second, large Porsche place in Germany they might want to push the AMI a bit.

    Lets see April 5 - 13!

    cheers, L@rs

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Makes sense too me as well. The press/media should be informed soon, some time now in March. I was always told after Geneva we will know more.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    I certainly hope this is true, I'm itching to see the final product!

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    very very interesting Lars, THANKS A LOT FOR THIS INFO.....Its very useful !!!

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Guys, last weekend I've seen a friend who's working for P (at Weisach). He told me that I should probably go to Leipzig for the AMI Autoshow and was blinking into my eyes. This was when we've been talking about the Facelifts.

    So I think we will most probably see the facelift there.

    Would make sence to me, too. As Leipzig is the second, large Porsche place in Germany they might want to push the AMI a bit.

    Lets see April 5 - 13!

    cheers, [Email]L@rs[/Email]




    again....

    just one more month

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Well i think the facelift is just around the door since i've seen the market of used 911s just arising in the last few days with a lot more cars put on sale and rebates even by official dealers. This could mean they are sensing the facelift to arrive in a month or so....

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    I think two main reasons: PDK and drop of cost for actual 997 cars .
    Me i'm waiting for the second one to happen so to have some models dropping into my affordable price range

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?



    I dunno Nick, I would rather have a "nip and tuck" and performance improvements (e.g. DFI, PDK? etc..) rather than something "radical" like what Ferrari did from the gorgeous F355 to the hideous F360/F430!

    David

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?



    I agree. It's a joke. Somebody figured out do all the faceifts so all that's involved is front and rear "bumpers." It's a cheap and easy way to create a buzz that stimulates sales.

    All the car companies do it now. Gotta get a new car not because the one you have is falling apart but because your car suddenly looks dated after two years.

    Like the prescription eyeglasses industry. Not too long ago you bought a pair of glasses every five or ten years(?). Now it's all about _fashion_ eyewear. Every year there's a new fashion to make people spend more.

    Frickin stupid, turns us all into fashion monkeys and excessive consumerism is bad for the planet.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    If you make it right the first time, the car wouldn't need a facelift except some VERY minor tweaking.

    Only excuse is for homologation purposes. (GT3MK1/MK2).

    Examples: E46 M3. Aston Martins. Ferraris. (Plus others that I will be lynched for for forgetting.)

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?



    What about the increase in bhp and direct injection?, beauty is in the interior Nick !!! dont forget it !!

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?



    I agree. It's a joke. Somebody figured out do all the faceifts so all that's involved is front and rear "bumpers." It's a cheap and easy way to create a buzz that stimulates sales.

    All the car companies do it now. Gotta get a new car not because the one you have is falling apart but because your car suddenly looks dated after two years.

    Like the prescription eyeglasses industry. Not too long ago you bought a pair of glasses every five or ten years(?). Now it's all about _fashion_ eyewear. Every year there's a new fashion to make people spend more.

    Frickin stupid, turns us all into fashion monkeys and excessive consumerism is bad for the planet.




    The main point is performance upgrade.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    The main point is performance upgrade.


    Right. As far as I am concerned, it's the upgrade from the 325HPs of my good old 997C2 to the 385HPs of the said facelifted 997C2S that is of interest to me. (BTW, I have one on order with a delivery date...).

    Apart from this note also that after three years, my 997C2 has around 70'000 km on the clock and it is time in any case to consider to sell it in order not to loose too much. Not that I am so much of a fashion monkey...

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    The main point is performance upgrade.


    Right. As far as I am concerned, it's the upgrade from the 325HPs of my good old 997C2 to the 385HPs of the said facelifted 997C2S that is of interest to me. (BTW, I have one on order with a delivery date...).

    Apart from this note also that after three years, my 997C2 has around 70'000 km on the clock and it is time in any case to consider to sell it in order not to loose too much. Not that I am so much of a fashion monkey...



    can I ask, what is the actual market price for a 997 (non S) with 70.000kms on the clock???, of course dealer will value your car so much more if you have already ordered the FL....

    70.000KMS WOW

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Thank you Alex

    Market price of my car today is around kCHF 90 or kEUR 57. But 70'000 km is the very last limit...

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Turbo4ever said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Correct me if I am wrong but facelift in Porsche world is a nip and tuck here and there and nothing more. More often than not, unless pointed out, no one can tell the difference. So why the excitement?



    I agree. It's a joke. Somebody figured out do all the faceifts so all that's involved is front and rear "bumpers." It's a cheap and easy way to create a buzz that stimulates sales.

    All the car companies do it now. Gotta get a new car not because the one you have is falling apart but because your car suddenly looks dated after two years.

    Like the prescription eyeglasses industry. Not too long ago you bought a pair of glasses every five or ten years(?). Now it's all about _fashion_ eyewear. Every year there's a new fashion to make people spend more.

    Frickin stupid, turns us all into fashion monkeys and excessive consumerism is bad for the planet.




    The main point is performance upgrade.



    Good point. The base 911 will get an astonishing boast in hp of 325 to 340. The S will go from 355 to the lofty sum of 370. The Porschephiles will stampede the dealerships once the Porsche PR machine cranks out the propaganda on the new and greatest 911.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    so x51 for restyled S will break 400 hP?

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Better is better, Nick my man. Better power, better fuel economy. More choices= PDK gearbox option, better Nav for the daily commute... yeah I'm willing to pay a bit more MSRP too. Better hardware is worth more to me, questionably executed rhinoplasty aside. Not monumental improvements, but still better than 98% of what else is out there....no big mystery here.

    Nick, now if you could exert your considerable influence in securing for me an MSRP allocation for the upcoming "entry-level" Ferrari F149...

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    He won't, too easy

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Good point. The base 911 will get an astonishing boast in hp of 325 to 340. The S will go from 355 to the lofty sum of 370. The Porschephiles will stampede the dealerships once the Porsche PR machine cranks out the propaganda on the new and greatest 911.



    Well, numbers don't count that much if you consider that already the actual 355hp-Carrera S is as quick as an said-to-have 400hp Ferrari 360 Modena.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    BAsed on informationon the Porsche website it seems that the FL would not be shown at Leipzig in April The wait continues Come on Porsche give us a date

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Good point. The base 911 will get an astonishing boast in hp of 325 to 340. The S will go from 355 to the lofty sum of 370. The Porschephiles will stampede the dealerships once the Porsche PR machine cranks out the propaganda on the new and greatest 911.



    Well, numbers don't count that much if you consider that already the actual 355hp-Carrera S is as quick as an said-to-have 400hp Ferrari 360 Modena.



    Hmnn, the 360 was introduced as a 1999 model and the S 2006? Now the 2009 997 "special"911 will get maybe 370hp?

    Porsche is only 10 years behind. For Porsche, not too bad.

    Regarding the 149, I am not sure it will be that difficult to get. All depends on its performance but honestly I am not encouraged nor expecting much. It will be heavy and under powered. Sort of like the Porsche C4S.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    nberry said:It will be heavy and under powered. Sort of like the Porsche C4S.


    Nick, you're incorrigible

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:It will be heavy and under powered. Sort of like the Porsche C4S.


    Nick, you're incorrigible




    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:It will be heavy and under powered. Sort of like the Porsche C4S.


    Nick, you're incorrigible



    That's why we all love him. Well, at least most of us.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Yeah, I do!
    I sometimes get all cynical about porsche being there to rip the customer off, but then comes Nick bashing the 911, and I that meks me think of arguments to love the 911. That way, I keep realizing that pure love does not have to be clarified.
    Thanks Nick!
    -Joost-

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Based on the old press releases from 2004, seems like the announcement for the current 997 wasn't until mid May for mid July in showrooms.... the wait (and threads) may well have to continue for a while yet.

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    Porsche Switzerland is doing test days for their 'new' cars on the 6 th of june ( anneau du Rhin) .
    I wonder if the facelift cars with PDK will be there?
    Should I go or not ?

    Re: 997 Facelift most probably shown in Leipzig!

    I'll go

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/15/18 10:01 AM
    Na Mezger
    409330 5202
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/13/18 8:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    324209 2007
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    213220 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/14/18 5:41 AM
    the-missile
    199011 2680
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/16/18 8:54 AM
    GnilM
    128229 2443
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    34215 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/16/18 8:08 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    20650 329
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14431 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13868 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    527359 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484282 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    297380 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    281155 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266948 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192206 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191939 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/16/18 1:27 PM
    hunterone
    183910 3295
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/16/18 4:15 PM
    Joost
    151979 2486
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143269 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    129021 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    112010 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106812 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    90147 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67313 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57510 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47148 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/15/18 10:10 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    47098 1491
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    43017 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42282 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39787 650
    280 items found, displaying 1 to 30.