Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    let big up for the team we support!!!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    DJC said:
    by the way the name Duplessis originates from france most of the SA names cames from the french hugenot



    Ofcourse it originated in France, I chose my words wrong.
    I just wanted to say the majority of Duplessis-families now live in SA.

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    @ Mike : Ik kan u inderdaad helemaal verstaan!
    That's impressive! You write litteraly the way we pronounce it!
    Isn't there a word in Afrikaans 'aftrekplaats' I kept wondering what it meant.

    I heard Cape Town is a little like the St tropez of SA.
    (the upper class place)

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Mike you started this thread and I will bet you never thought it would go on this long.



    lol the more the merrier

    all i need to do to get things really going into momentum is involve a girl-rennteamer! remember the wonders jenna did for that one record-breaking thread?! *sinister laugh* just kidding lol



    So are you changing your name to "Michelle" lol

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    So are you changing your name to "Michelle" lol



    LOL!!! i meant a real girl rofl!

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    @ Mike : Ik kan u inderdaad helemaal verstaan!
    That's impressive! You write litteraly the way we pronounce it!
    Isn't there a word in Afrikaans 'aftrekplaats' I kept wondering what it meant.

    I heard Cape Town is a little like the St tropez of SA.
    (the upper class place)



    depends which part of cape town porker regarding "aftrekplaats" not as far as i'm aware of! aftek means take off, plaats.. hmmm we don't have a plaats but we have a plaat which means plate :P

    i can understand what you're saying too porker! you said "I can totally understand you"

    Was jy al ooit in Suid Afrika?

    Quote:
    bazza said:
    but u grow up in pta right? did u go to english school or afrikaans school? i wen to the Glen high for the final two years!



    lol you went to the GLEN?! that place is a sespool now

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    LOL mike, that pic of camps bay is exactly the places i was refering to earlier on this thread...
    A Long Island Ice Tea with that special female watching a summer sunset....sure to get you some "brownie points"

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    I Thought "aftrekplaats" had something to do with a place to stop on the highway, or something. Anyway I just saw it on a South African traffic sign, long ago!

    Ik was 5 jaar geleden in Zuid Afrika met de boot, we zijn 1week in Kaapstad gebleven.

    It's great I can even talk my native language in SA

    Thanks for all the info!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    I found the picture!!!!
    It was not "aftrekplaats" but "aftrekplek"!!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    To us Belgians it is like "Masturbation-spot" That's why I really wanted to know what the correct meaning of this sign is

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    To us Belgians it is like "Masturbation-spot" That's why I really wanted to know what the correct meaning of this sign is



    LOL , Well look at the dude he is standing to attention his a " Monkey Spanking " steward , his job is to make sure all w*****s get to the venue without any itches I MEAN HITCHES , lol ..

    throt.. .

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Mike you started this thread and I will bet you never thought it would go on this long.



    lol the more the merrier

    all i need to do to get things really going into momentum is involve a girl-rennteamer! remember the wonders jenna did for that one record-breaking thread?! *sinister laugh* just kidding lol



    So are you changing your name to "Michelle" lol




    Jenna, what did i miss or was that a while back!!!!!???
    Here was a female on rennteam?

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Mike you started this thread and I will bet you never thought it would go on this long.



    lol the more the merrier

    all i need to do to get things really going into momentum is involve a girl-rennteamer! remember the wonders jenna did for that one record-breaking thread?! *sinister laugh* just kidding lol



    So are you changing your name to "Michelle" lol




    Jenna, what did i miss or was that a while back!!!!!???
    Here was a female on rennteam?


    Yes, there is a female rennteamer, and she had all the boys excited a while back, it was a fun read.

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    I found the picture!!!!
    It was not "aftrekplaats" but "aftrekplek"!!



    rofl!! yeah aftrekplek means "pull over spot" basically, directly translated it is "off pull place"

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    I Thought "aftrekplaats" had something to do with a place to stop on the highway, or something. Anyway I just saw it on a South African traffic sign, long ago!

    Ik was 5 jaar geleden in Zuid Afrika met de boot, we zijn 1week in Kaapstad gebleven.

    It's great I can even talk my native language in SA

    Thanks for all the info!



    ooo, het jy dit baie geniet? jy moet een of ander tyd weer terug kom!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Jenna, what did i miss or was that a while back!!!!!???
    Here was a female on rennteam?



    yeah and she showed us bikini pics of her and everything!!





    lol had you for a moment there didn't I?

    yeah, she still pops on every once in a while, i think she's on holiday at the moment.

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Finally, I know it's pull over spot and not a sexual term

    It's really amazing that so far away people speak practically the same language as us.
    That's not special when you're American but for a Belgian that's quite amazing

    @Mike, Ik keer normaal terug met kerstmis!
    Next month 2 of my friends are making a tour trough SA in 3 weeks, wish I could join them.

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    Finally, I know it's pull over spot and not a sexual term

    It's really amazing that so far away people speak practically the same language as us.
    That's not special when you're American but for a Belgian that's quite amazing

    @Mike, Ik keer normaal terug met kerstmis!
    Next month 2 of my friends are making a tour trough SA in 3 weeks, wish I could join them.



    ahhh so you coming to visit in december?

    yes quite odd indeed! at least if i know that if i goto belgium or the netherlands i can half survive

    you should make more effort to join them porker! you're gonna miss out!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Hello,

    I will be in SA between 16 and 25 of October. A fews days in Cape Town for business, then Kruger Park to relax with my wife. Maybe a chance to meet with Rennteam friends there

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Porker said:
    Finally, I know it's pull over spot and not a sexual term

    It's really amazing that so far away people speak practically the same language as us.
    That's not special when you're American but for a Belgian that's quite amazing

    @Mike, Ik keer normaal terug met kerstmis!
    Next month 2 of my friends are making a tour trough SA in 3 weeks, wish I could join them.



    ahhh so you coming to visit in december?

    yes quite odd indeed! at least if i know that if i goto belgium or the netherlands i can half survive

    you should make more effort to join them porker! you're gonna miss out!



    I would love to join them, I really would but my classes start half september, and I really can't miss them so..
    Maybe next year, or in December I may decide to stay a little longer and hope to get to know a nice South African girl and then I might as wel stay forever!!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Nico997 said:
    Hello,

    I will be in SA between 16 and 25 of October. A fews days in Cape Town for business, then Kruger Park to relax with my wife. Maybe a chance to meet with Rennteam friends there



    I have noticed that a lot of swiss people come to SA quiet often you stopping by in Johannesburg by any chance Nico?

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    I would love to join them, I really would but my classes start half september, and I really can't miss them so..
    Maybe next year, or in December I may decide to stay a little longer and hope to get to know a nice South African girl and then I might as wel stay forever!!



    bah excuses, excuses!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Mike S said:

    I have noticed that a lot of swiss people come to SA quiet often



    I will spend next febrary march and april in SA.. But will miss my brand new C4S

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    @Mike: you live in Johannesburg? I thought you lived in Cape Town.
    Well having seen the pictures from around your house, Johannesburg does have some of the finest views a man can dream of.
    (I'm referring to the pic with the 997 and the lake in the background)
    I hate to make excuses, but if I want to be a good lawyer one day I better go to my classes

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    lol an attorney, not another one just kidding man lol!

    I have a house in Cape Town too, but I mainly work in Jhb. The one with the lake is taken 40mins out of Jhb

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Already to much attorneys in SA?
    That would be very bad for my if I ever want to work there...
    But I'm pretty sure you could use someone to wash your cars and check their cornering abilities every day, for sayyy 10,000$ a month
    I'm obviously kidding

    How long do you have to drive to get from capetown to JHB

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Porker said:

    How long do you have to drive to get from capetown to JHB



    I would think between 12 and 14 hours!!!!!
    South africa is nearly the size of western continental europe!!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    gnil said:
    Quote:
    Porker said:

    How long do you have to drive to get from capetown to JHB



    I would think between 12 and 14 hours!!!!!
    South africa is nearly the size of western continental europe!!


    lol, from here Cape Town is 1500km's away almost 1000 miles, so it will take you about 12 hours if you're driving fast but normally 14+ hours


    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Hope this comes out right........
    Now can you guys see where i'm from & where Mikes from???
    HUGE distance apart.

    The main road that people will use is that thin red line above the blue line i made... That should be the quickest route to drive & it would still take about 12 - 14 hours..

    BTW Mike also said he has a house in Knysna.. Thats more or less in the yellow circle i made.(I actually forgot the precise location so i may be off). If you guys wanna go for a nice scenic drive if you ever come visit SA i'll say drive from Cape Town around + up to Knysna..The roads the N2, if i'm correct.

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    hahah! Mike familly business is in kimberley de beer!!

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    OMG!!! I had no idea SA was this big!!
    It's just huge!!!
    Most be a great roadtrip to drive from JHB to capetown?
    Thanks for the clarification!!!
    Any speed traps in SA?
    Our country is full of them, today I heard they are going to place another thousand (1000!!!!!!) and you must know our country is 1/20th in size of SA!
    It makes me sick

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    OMG!!! I had no idea SA was this big!!
    It's just huge!!!
    Most be a great roadtrip to drive from JHB to capetown?
    Thanks for the clarification!!!
    Any speed traps in SA?
    Our country is full of them, today I heard they are going to place another thousand (1000!!!!!!) and you must know our country is 1/20th in size of SA!
    It makes me sick



    yeah it's quite a road trip and obviously there are speed traps porker it would be heaven on earth if there wasn't yikes another 1000!! that's crazy...

    Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I have noticed that a lot of swiss people come to SA quiet often you stopping by in Johannesburg by any chance Nico?




    Hi Mike,

    Too bad as unfortunately, I will only have the time to visit the airport at Johannesburg. Indeed, I have a two hours transfert from my flight from Cape Town to the flight to Kruger. Same when I return

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/15/18 10:01 AM
    Na Mezger
    409175 5202
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/13/18 8:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    324162 2007
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    213195 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/14/18 5:41 AM
    the-missile
    198805 2680
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/14/18 9:21 PM
    GnilM
    127843 2441
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    34176 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/15/18 10:52 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    19818 313
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14418 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13860 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    527330 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484256 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    297109 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    281113 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266896 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192195 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191883 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/16/18 12:59 AM
    RCA
    183698 3290
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/16/18 12:50 AM
    RCA
    151826 2485
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143248 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    129013 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111998 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106804 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    90118 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67303 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57504 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47138 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/15/18 10:10 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    46985 1491
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42995 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42271 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39778 650
    281 items found, displaying 1 to 30.