Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Gumball 3000 accident

    Apparently there has been an accident in Macedonia. A white Porsche reportedly collided with a VW Golf, driven by two locals. Both locals, a married couple were rushed to the hospital, but the husband was declared DOA. The Porsche crew fled the scene, hitching a ride with another team, only to be apprehended at the border.

    This sounds bad. All the topics on their forum concerning this incident have been deleted. I'm pretty sure those Porsche guys are looking at jail time.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Thats real bad problem.. Also their program at Turkey was canceled last week... I think Gumball is having the worst year!!!

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    "We respect Team Polizei's decision to withdraw from this years rally after a deadly accident yesterday. Here's the message they send us:

    In view of events of the past day, Alex Roy and Michael Ross of Team Polizei have withdrawn from the 2007 Gumball Rally. They are driving to Bratislava to thank the fans that have traveled from so far. They will make a further statement at 10.00 GMT."

    - from GTspirit.com -

    Holy crap, this is bad!

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Sympathies to the families involved.

    Unfortunately this was bound to happen sooner or later.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Update

    It was that silver 997TT with the red and blue stripes.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Update:
    Latest:

    * Driver is being held for 30 days pending investigation.
    Passenger apparently released.

    * Car they tried to escape in was the Maroon BMW M6 with Russian Plates.

    * Team Polizei 144 has withdrawn from the rally out of respect for the families involved. Bravo to them.


    ALL forums/etc shutdown, feels like gumball organizers trying to cover it up...


    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    What jerks.

    Villagers, get the rope!

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Youtube video

    Here is the video of the car, #74. He doesn't seem to be driving really recklessly, he even uses turn signals! Why do I feel that the old guy cut them off and they ran in panic?

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Crash:

    Not sure what the road looked like, but gumballers frequently overtake when there is oncoming traffic. Whether it is legal/prudent, or not.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Crash:

    Not sure what the road looked like, but gumballers frequently overtake when there is oncoming traffic. Whether it is legal/prudent, or not.



    I know. I'm not defending the guy because I think he's a douchebag for running, but the accident may not have been his fault. The people in Macedonia and many surrounding countries drive like they bought their licenses for 300 Deutschmarks (actually, many did ). It is nothing unusual for them to pull out without checking mirrors or signalling and I think this may have cost the man his life.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    here is a bigger pic:


    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    We don't know the facts and who was to blame for this crash but I do agree with Moogle on this. With Gumball, Cannonball and various other 'rallies' proliferating in the UK/Europe, this was bound to happen eventually.

    I have watched many Gumball 'rallies' on the Extreme Sports satellite channel where drivers have overtaken slower vehicles when all normal lanes are full of traffic by driving on the verge of the road or where drivers have overtaken another car which was itself overtaking another car etc etc....whilst Gumball is obviously great fun for participants, it's also just down to pure dumb luck that nothing like this has happened before...

    My deepest condolences to the widow whose life has been permanently destroyed by this senseless and needless accident...

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    OMG....

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    The Gumball 2007 has been cancelled

    Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

    Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

    As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

    We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

    This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

    Maximillion Cooper
    Founder & CEO
    The Gumball 3000 Group

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    The Gumball 2007 has been cancelled

    Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

    Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

    As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

    We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

    This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

    Maximillion Cooper
    Founder & CEO
    The Gumball 3000 Group




    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    So the story ends badly....

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    yep... sad end

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    BIRN Website

    Look at the end of the article. It seems that I was right after all. Even the police are saying that at least part of the blame rests of the deceased driver. Could it be that he simply switched lanes without checking mirrors and signalling?

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident



    Thats sad, i can't understand why the porsche crew fled.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    Porker said:
    The Gumball 2007 has been cancelled

    Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

    Following our earlier release reporting yesterday's accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

    As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

    We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

    This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

    Maximillion Cooper
    Founder & CEO
    The Gumball 3000 Group



    I am sorry to see this happen, but as many of you said that it was bound to happen. I do not like the senseless driving that goes on in these videos and most members of this board I think would agree with me. If they want to drive like this, do so on a track where innocent people will not be hurt. Then to run away after, this shows their true colors mainly YELLOW!! I think that everyone involved should be held responible and thank their lucky stars it was not them involved. All the money wasted by doing this rally, the time is now for them to step up and pay for this womans losses.

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    BIRN Website

    Look at the end of the article. It seems that I was right after all. Even the police are saying that at least part of the blame rests of the deceased driver. Could it be that he simply switched lanes without checking mirrors and signalling?



    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1034576&postcount=23

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Very sad moment for Makedonian familly, sympathies goes to them! Also very sad end for Gumball too. I dont know what happened , so I can judge a crash, but there is no excuse for that Porsche driver ran away from crash and left drivers in critical condition without any care. I dont understand how can someone do something like that...


    About gumball... yesterday they should drive through Slovenia and between Croatian and Austrian border were thousandth of people waiting for gumballers between 9pm and 2am... Unfortunately police rerouted many of them with escort to Hungarian border, so we didnt saw a lot - about 10 gumballers. Ford GT made awesome burnout and CLK DTM great start...

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Ford GT wrecked in Montenegro...


    CGT wrecked yesterday evening...

    What an idi0ts!!

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:

    CGT wrecked yesterday evening...

    What an idi0ts!!



    CGT crashed in Zagreb ? Friend from ZG told me CGT was first car there..


    Seems like some gumballers yesterday forgot what is sense of Gumball..

    Here is picture of that CGT (found on internet)

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    BIRN Website

    Look at the end of the article. It seems that I was right after all. Even the police are saying that at least part of the blame rests of the deceased driver. Could it be that he simply switched lanes without checking mirrors and signalling?



    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1034576&postcount=23



    Yes, I saw that. However, what was the reason for him to cross the centre lane? Their police says that the Golf driver was partly responsible for the accident, which leads me to believe that he turned without looking, scaring the Turbo driver who then lost control and crashed into him (I can't think of another head-on situation in which he could be at fault ).

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    They should have banned this Gumball crap a long time ago! Good riddance!

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    I guess another CGT bites the dust in our neck off woods...
    When that CGT crashed in Zagreb? Yesterday? Was it from Gumball rally or Carbonblack rally?

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    JohnJohn said:
    They should have banned this Gumball crap a long time ago! Good riddance!



    Gumball has outstayed its welcome it would seem. I actually LOVE the idea of driving across a continent, but if Gumball continues next year, the rules will have to be tightened. Speeding is just fine by me, but overly aggressive drivers are what makes this event dangerous. I don't see why everybody has to show off and just delve into the most dangerous possible situations .

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    Quote:
    janus said:
    I guess another CGT bites the dust in our neck off woods...
    When that CGT crashed in Zagreb? Yesterday? Was it from Gumball rally or Carbonblack rally?



    Yesterday evening...

    Re: Gumball 3000 accident

    The Gumball has been silly and unappealing for quite some time. Maybe I'me just getting old but it has no interest for me.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/5/18 8:49 AM
    Porker
    408813 5201
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/13/18 8:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    324067 2007
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    213117 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/14/18 5:41 AM
    the-missile
    198376 2680
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/14/18 9:21 PM
    GnilM
    127582 2441
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    34112 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/14/18 9:35 PM
    CGX car nut
    18889 301
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14399 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13844 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    527127 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484207 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    296612 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    280995 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266802 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192156 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191827 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/14/18 6:00 PM
    Enmanuel
    183457 3288
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/13/18 4:36 PM
    RCA
    151465 2475
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143219 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128966 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111975 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106791 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    90065 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67266 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57484 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47110 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/15/18 12:40 AM
    CGX car nut
    46726 1488
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42985 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42256 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39763 650
    281 items found, displaying 1 to 30.