Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    599 Beats the Enzo!!

    According to Road & Track. This is a great article with good videos as well.

    http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=5015

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    599 the best ever

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    I can only image what Ferrari's next "ultimate" will be like, especially if they bring down the weight from the Enzo.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    I-M-P-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    It's impossible, believe me

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    The Hawk said:
    It's impossible, believe me




    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .



    There is no such thing as a factory tuning.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...



    At least that is three times as much as the earlier versions of the F1.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    How much is the clutch on the 599 by the way ?

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    mv said:
    How much is the clutch on the 599 by the way ?



    Better don't ask.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .



    There is no such thing as a factory tuning.



    andrea said there was and even presented some numbers - I remember Markus asking him about it.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .



    There is no such thing as a factory tuning.



    andrea said there was and even presented some numbers - I remember Markus asking him about it.



    I read Andrea's posts and I was interested so contacted directly Italy for my 599 and they said it was utter rubish, both for 430 and 599. No such thing as different exhaust.

    I then asked Andrea via PM who told me that indeed, there was no powerkit for the 599.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...



    LC is actually intended to save the clutch. It allows wheel spin and hence is not efficient at all but impressive and harmless on the clutch.
    I tried it last weekend on a 599 and it was rather fun, bar utterly pointless.

    There is a launch technique that consists in engaging 1st gear then holding left paddle until it blips, then foot on brakes, apply full throttle and release brake.

    Canonball departure but that would definitely destroy the clutch quite rapidly.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    haha this basically means

    Carrera GT > 599 > Enzo

    Wow

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .



    There is no such thing as a factory tuning.



    andrea said there was and even presented some numbers - I remember Markus asking him about it.



    I read Andrea's posts and I was interested so contacted directly Italy for my 599 and they said it was utter rubish, both for 430 and 599. No such thing as different exhaust.

    I then asked Andrea via PM who told me that indeed, there was no powerkit for the 599.



    As I said, there is no such thing as a factory tuning.

    I asked and got the same answer, thanks for the clarification Francois.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO



    Agreed 100% Patriek. I was at the rallye de Paris last weekend and 599 posted best times at Mangny Cours AND Dijon prenois!

    BUT, far less feelsome than a 360CS or even a 430 and way too heavy for the track indeed.
    In long curves like Estoril, the car generates massive body rool despite the fancy suspension, it's just too heavy, what is impressive however is its ability to hold a given trajectory given by the driver.

    Brakes are phenomenal!

    Definitely a GT car but with sports car credentials!
    IT is stupendously quick in a straight line!

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO


    Was also at the Spa Ferrari days last years and heard similar comments from several people who tested the car : Very fast GT but heavy and less fun than a 430 on the track

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    haha this basically means

    Carrera GT > 599 > Enzo

    Wow



    I like your logic.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    dg911 said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO


    Was also at the Spa Ferrari days last years and heard similar comments from several people who tested the car : Very fast GT but heavy and less fun than a 430 on the track



    A friend (who drove nearly every single Ferrari on the track) told me some time ago that the 599GTB handles better on the track than the F40. Lap times available today seem to confirm that. The 599GTB is extremely efficient. Of course the Enzo should be faster still.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    I want to know more about the factory tuning that andrea was talking about .



    There is no such thing as a factory tuning.



    andrea said there was and even presented some numbers - I remember Markus asking him about it.



    I read Andrea's posts and I was interested so contacted directly Italy for my 599 and they said it was utter rubish, both for 430 and 599. No such thing as different exhaust.

    I then asked Andrea via PM who told me that indeed, there was no powerkit for the 599.



    As I said, there is no such thing as a factory tuning.

    I asked and got the same answer, thanks for the clarification Francois.



    Yes, thanks indeed !

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Jean said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    haha this basically means

    Carrera GT > 599 > Enzo

    Wow



    I like your logic.



    What logic?

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dg911 said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO


    Was also at the Spa Ferrari days last years and heard similar comments from several people who tested the car : Very fast GT but heavy and less fun than a 430 on the track



    A friend (who drove nearly every single Ferrari on the track) told me some time ago that the 599GTB handles better on the track than the F40. Lap times available today seem to confirm that. The 599GTB is extremely efficient. Of course the Enzo should be faster still.



    So it's fair to say that today's GT-supercars like the 599 GTB Fiorano achieve the same efficiency on the track than earlier pure race-cars like the F40, but offer all the passenger comfort as well. Impressive!

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dg911 said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    I drove the 599 over the Francorchamps track, ... it is FAST, but it's FAR from a track car ! it's a pure GT, really NO track car, even a 430 FEELS better on the track (although 599 IS faster than 430 on track) but it can't be compared to a enzo IMO


    Was also at the Spa Ferrari days last years and heard similar comments from several people who tested the car : Very fast GT but heavy and less fun than a 430 on the track



    A friend (who drove nearly every single Ferrari on the track) told me some time ago that the 599GTB handles better on the track than the F40. Lap times available today seem to confirm that. The 599GTB is extremely efficient. Of course the Enzo should be faster still.



    So it's fair to say that today's GT-supercars like the 599 GTB Fiorano achieve the same efficiency on the track than earlier pure race-cars like the F40, but offer all the passenger comfort as well. Impressive!



    Exactly! Frankly, I believe that the 599 is probably the most desirable sports car in production today - and rightfully so .

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    No doubt the 599 is ridiculously fast, but, it's not faster than an Enzo. A back-to-back test would confirm that.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...



    LC is actually intended to save the clutch. It allows wheel spin and hence is not efficient at all but impressive and harmless on the clutch.
    I tried it last weekend on a 599 and it was rather fun, bar utterly pointless.

    There is a launch technique that consists in engaging 1st gear then holding left paddle until it blips, then foot on brakes, apply full throttle and release brake.

    Canonball departure but that would definitely destroy the clutch quite rapidly.



    Sorry Fanch, but you have this backwards. LC is brutal on the clutch. The concept of LC is to allow the clutch to slip which would increase wear and tear. Allowing the clutch to slip would reduce wheel spin. Less wheel spin = better traction.

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...



    LC is actually intended to save the clutch. It allows wheel spin and hence is not efficient at all but impressive and harmless on the clutch.
    I tried it last weekend on a 599 and it was rather fun, bar utterly pointless.

    There is a launch technique that consists in engaging 1st gear then holding left paddle until it blips, then foot on brakes, apply full throttle and release brake.

    Canonball departure but that would definitely destroy the clutch quite rapidly.



    Sorry Fanch, but you have this backwards. LC is brutal on the clutch. The concept of LC is to allow the clutch to slip which would increase wear and tear. Allowing the clutch to slip would reduce wheel spin. Less wheel spin = better traction.



    Incorrect.
    Tried it no later than last weekend.
    LC allows wheel spin, and hence, no clutch wear.
    Try it, you will see.
    I believe LC is not availabe for US cars.
    Also see EVO roadtest of the 599 where they mention that same case.
    www.evo.co.uk

    Re: 599 Beats the Enzo!!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    BTW, clutch will last only up to 10 or so LC starts...
    So, after that go figure...



    LC is actually intended to save the clutch. It allows wheel spin and hence is not efficient at all but impressive and harmless on the clutch.
    I tried it last weekend on a 599 and it was rather fun, bar utterly pointless.

    There is a launch technique that consists in engaging 1st gear then holding left paddle until it blips, then foot on brakes, apply full throttle and release brake.

    Canonball departure but that would definitely destroy the clutch quite rapidly.



    Sorry Fanch, but you have this backwards. LC is brutal on the clutch. The concept of LC is to allow the clutch to slip which would increase wear and tear. Allowing the clutch to slip would reduce wheel spin. Less wheel spin = better traction.



    Incorrect.
    Tried it no later than last weekend.
    LC allows wheel spin, and hence, no clutch wear.
    Try it, you will see.
    I believe LC is not availabe for US cars.
    Also see EVO roadtest of the 599 where they mention that same case.
    www.evo.co.uk



    I wish more emphasis would be paid to rolling starts, which IMO are more indicative of real-world performance - ie. 5-160kph, 50-160kph, 50-200kph etc, rather than standing starts, such as 0-100kph (0-60mph) or 1/4 mile acceleration. US car magazines seem to particularly focus on 0-60mph acceleration, even when testing Supercars - why?

    How many owners would "trash" their beloved cars in this manner?

    We all know that standing starts are tricky affairs, which are very much driver dependent. Tire type, tire pressure, track conditions etc, all play a very important role. I've heard of GT3s, C2S being revved to 5000-6000rpm before dropping the clutch, inducing severe axle-hop - I find this almost ridiculous. Drivetrains and clutches don't last long with this type of abuse.

    Getting back on topic, the 599 should never be able to out-accelerate the Enzo, given its added weight, smaller tires, less favourable weight transfer characteristics and less hp. Can't imagine it would win a rolling start contest, such as 50-250kph or 50-300kph. No way!



     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/5/18 8:49 AM
    Porker
    408768 5201
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/13/18 8:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    324045 2007
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    213105 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/14/18 5:41 AM
    the-missile
    198297 2680
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/14/18 9:21 PM
    GnilM
    127499 2441
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    34104 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/14/18 9:35 PM
    CGX car nut
    18744 301
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14396 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13844 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    527098 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484205 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    296533 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    280957 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266772 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192150 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191816 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/14/18 6:00 PM
    Enmanuel
    183425 3288
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/13/18 4:36 PM
    RCA
    151448 2475
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143217 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128956 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111973 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106790 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    90060 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67263 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57481 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47106 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/14/18 9:38 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    46663 1485
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42984 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42256 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39759 650
    281 items found, displaying 1 to 30.