Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    For Ron... US R8 prices


    6 speed 109,000

    R Tronic 118,000

    Convenienc pkg 3,500 (parking sensors and camera 6 cd changer, hill hold assist, homelink, bluetooth, auto dimming mirrors, storage pkg

    Nav plus 2,000

    Leather elements 2,000 Leather seats door inserts and door handle

    Enhanced leather pkg 5,500 Leather pkg plus black leather elements e.g. dashboard, cowl above instrument cluster or monoposto

    Carbon Sigma side blade 2,000

    Bang Olufsen sound system 1,800

    Metallic and pearl paint 650

    Destination TBD

    Way too much IMHO...

    Ron, go for 997 turbo manual! Just add LSD and few options and enjoy it!

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Damn .

    Thanks kreso for the first hand info.

    $118k for R-Tronic

    Makes you think twice .

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Damn .

    Thanks kreso for the first hand info.

    $118k for R-Tronic

    Makes you think twice .



    Ron,

    Answer is pretty simple with this prices-997 turbo manual with optional LSD! You can have a nice one for $127K...

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Answer is pretty simple with this prices-997 turbo manual with optional LSD! You can have a nice one for $127K...



    Not sure about the turbo but still have time to give it some thinking before December (delivery time). I won't get my deposit back at this time yet.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    WOW if this is true, the Project Manager at the 'Armory Show' was absolutely spot on. He told me that the base R8 was going to be almost $110,000

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    110k = SLK 55 AMG here. Doesn't sound that bad

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    110k = SLK 55 AMG here. Doesn't sound that bad



    Sorry Mike, but I would never buy SLK55 AMG.
    For the same money 997 GT3 is far, far better choice IMHO...

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    A little off-topic, but what is e-tronic? is that the audi dsg?

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    palenimbus said:
    A little off-topic, but what is e-tronic? is that the audi dsg?



    I thought it's the Lamborghini E-gear.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    thats quite a high price for the r8. makes me wonder what regions the r12 will be selling at.
    nice car but too expensive for what it is in my opinion

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

    6 speed 109,000

    R Tronic 118,000

    Convenienc pkg 3,500 (parking sensors and camera 6 cd changer, hill hold assist, homelink, bluetooth, auto dimming mirrors, storage pkg

    Nav plus 2,000

    Leather elements 2,000 Leather seats door inserts and door handle

    Enhanced leather pkg 5,500 Leather pkg plus black leather elements e.g. dashboard, cowl above instrument cluster or monoposto

    Carbon Sigma side blade 2,000

    Bang Olufsen sound system 1,800

    Metallic and pearl paint 650

    Destination TBD

    Way too much IMHO...

    Ron, go for 997 turbo manual! Just add LSD and few options and enjoy it!



    Thanks for info Kreso. If I take all of the above options (which I will) it would be $133,000. That is definitely in 997tt terrictory. But I will still take it over a 997tt. But I have to say price-wise, Audi is at the maximum end of the envelope. Any more (i.e. $3k to $4k more, then it would be a tough sell.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

    6 speed 109,000

    R Tronic 118,000





    Hey Kreso, is it reasonable to expect Rtronic to cost $9000?

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Ron,
    Just some food for thought:
    Aston V8 Vantage: 113K base plus 4 k for sportshift. Full leather, metallic paint are standard. Nav and upgraded sound system options similar in price to the R8.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Tony, this prices seems to be legit. They are all over the internet right now. Source is a guy who works for Audi dealership is USA.

    BTW, in Germany R-Tronic cost 7390Euro.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Not a bad option .

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Tony, this prices seems to be legit. They are all over the internet right now. Source is a guy who works for Audi dealership is USA.

    BTW, in Germany R-Tronic cost 7390Euro.


    thanks brother.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    110k = SLK 55 AMG here. Doesn't sound that bad



    Sorry Mike, but I would never buy SLK55 AMG.
    For the same money 997 GT3 is far, far better choice IMHO...



    Hi Kreso,

    I would also never buy the SLK - just used it as a indication of price here. That would mean the R8 will be around 200k here

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    110k US = Boxster S here

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    I would take the Vantage over the R8 at that pricepoint. I don't know why Audi did this to themselves...They should have shelved it at C4s pricepoint and started chomping away at Porsche. I guess the takeover is comming to reality

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Friscorays said:
    Ron,
    Just some food for thought:
    Aston V8 Vantage: 113K base plus 4 k for sportshift. Full leather, metallic paint are standard. Nav and upgraded sound system options similar in price to the R8.


    Another data point - I think F1 gearbox on Ferraris is over $10k...

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    120K approx for one I would option out starting with the 6speed. Pretty steep and thats not even including the dealer markup these things will have for the first 9 months

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Friscorays said:
    Ron,
    Just some food for thought:
    Aston V8 Vantage: 113K base plus 4 k for sportshift. Full leather, metallic paint are standard. Nav and upgraded sound system options similar in price to the R8.


    Another data point - I think F1 gearbox on Ferraris is over $10k...



    Grant, at least in Germany the price for the Ferrari F1 is 6910 Euro, which means even less than the price of Audi (not to speak about Lamborghini).

    And I guess Porsche's PDK won't be that far away, price-wise.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Damn .

    Thanks kreso for the first hand info.

    $118k for R-Tronic

    Makes you think twice .



    Ron: Skip R-tronic. full leather and anything with carbon in it. You don't need all that "crap"

    Get the a manual with convenience package, small leather, navigation, Bang Olufsen, non-carbon sideblade and metallic paint.
    All this can be yours for only 119.950

    Just do it

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Tim,
    I agree with you regarding manual(also my choice)!

    Problem is that 90% of US costumers will order R-Tronic and this version of R8 is simply priced too high in USA.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    very eexpensive...25k more than the base s8... what were they thinking?

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    very eexpensive...25k more than the base s8... what were they thinking?



    I guess they will sell the car at the same price all around the globe. The Americans are of course complaining, because most of the time, their cars are heavily discounted (except for Ferrari), so getting a full-price vehicle does send chills down their spines.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    very eexpensive...25k more than the base s8... what were they thinking?



    I guess they will sell the car at the same price all around the globe. The Americans are of course complaining, because most of the time, their cars are heavily discounted (except for Ferrari), so getting a full-price vehicle does send chills down their spines.



    Welcome to the real world

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Yeh, I wouldn't be surprised if European cars started costing a lot more in the States with the dollar continuing to weaken and currency hedges expire.

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    15K too high.
    They are priced way too close to 997TT.

    But again, if they want to sell less than 1,000 in the US, at that price point they might.

    As mentionned above, same price as a AMV8 but without the exclusivity and brand mystique.

    The TT is just too good value in the US (Z06 apart).

    Re: For Ron... US R8 prices

    Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    15K too high.
    They are priced way too close to 997TT.

    But again, if they want to sell less than 1,000 in the US, at that price point they might.

    As mentionned above, same price as a AMV8 but without the exclusivity and brand mystique.

    The TT is just too good value in the US (Z06 apart).



    That's because Porsche prices cars to be cheaper in the US. Had Porsche used the same base prices as in Europe, the Turbo would cost almost as much as the 430.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/5/18 8:49 AM
    Porker
    408253 5201
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/7/18 9:38 AM
    RCA
    323701 2004
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    212960 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/1/18 11:40 AM
    LP997
    197147 2675
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/3/18 7:19 AM
    PSG
    127048 2437
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    33961 321
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/12/18 10:01 AM
    Spyderidol
    15752 255
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14367 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13809 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    526599 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484108 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    295650 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    280679 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266583 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192071 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191724 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/12/18 8:08 AM
    BjoernB
    182733 3280
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/12/18 7:55 AM
    996FourEss
    150653 2455
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143168 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128872 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111930 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106754 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    89897 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67206 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57442 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47048 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/11/18 2:42 PM
    Leawood911
    46103 1467
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42952 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42223 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39716 650
    282 items found, displaying 1 to 30.