Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Hi,

    What 20" tires would you reccomend for the Cayenne S? The current Pirellis are worn down to almost nothing and need to be replaced soon.

    Suggestions? Thanks!

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Michelin Diamaris N1 (not N0).

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Michelin Diamaris N1 (not N0).



    GM Austin, would you say that the Michelin's are better than the Pirellis?

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Michelin Diamaris N1 (not N0).



    GM Austin, would you say that the Michelin's are better than the Pirellis?



    I suspect that, but don't know it. I'm positive on the Michelin's 2nd generation Diamaris because I've heard so many positive comments from Cayenne owners about them. Specifically, I heard several people comment that the Michelins were the only tire they tried that would make their vibration problem go away. I have seen reports that would indicate the Michelins are better balanced from the factory and need less correction than other Porsche approved tires for the Cayenne. Initally I had heard bad things about the Diamaris on treadwear with some lasting only 7-10k miles, but the newer N1 Diamaris are getting more like 15k miles, more in line with the other N rated tires. So, decent treadwear, good roadforce balance numbers, seems like a good tire to me.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Thanks for the feedback. I will keep that in mind next time my Cayenne needs a tire change

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Do other tires have better longevity? This car won't be driven very hard / fast (up to 140 km/h).

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    I haven't heard of any other Porsche approved tire as having greater longevity than about 15k miles (some less). If you drive sedately they might last a bit longer.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    The 05 Cayenne Turbo is driven sedately by my wife, and the tires lasted for 11000 miles. The average, I've heard, seems to be about 8-9000 miles.

    I put the Diamaris N1 on, again,,,,$1400 installed, including tax.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Michelin Diamaris N1 (not N0).



    This may be a dumb question, but how can you tell the difference between the N1 and N0 Diamaris? Are they visually different? Is N1 or N0 actually listed on the sidewall?

    Thanks.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    The N ratign is marked on the sidewall - the N1 is a later and better (by how much ??) version than the N0.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Does anyone know if the N1 version of Diamaris will soon be available for 19 inch wheels? The 19 inch NOs on my CS are well worn at 15000 miles. I have not seen 19 inch Diamaris advertised at TireRack or at Michelin's website.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    My Pirelli Pzeros lasted me 32,000 miles on my CS. I've now been trying out the Michelins...
    BH Porsche tells me they've never heard of such tire longevity for the Cayenne S. I attribute 60% of the tire life to the TPS. The other 40% was me filling it in as needed.

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    My Pirelli Pzeros lasted me 32,000 miles on my CS... I attribute 60% of the tire life to the TPS. The other 40% was me filling it in as needed.



    Wow!!! 32,000 miles!!! Curious to know what PSI you are keeping the tires filled at...

    Re: Recommended 20" tires for Cayenne S

    Porsche recommended... 38 front, 42 rear.

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 12/5/18 8:49 AM
    Porker
    408032 5201
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 12/7/18 9:38 AM
    RCA
    323658 2004
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 12/8/18 8:33 AM
    Joost
     
     
     
     
     
    212862 1083
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 12/1/18 11:40 AM
    LP997
    197073 2675
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 12/3/18 7:19 AM
    PSG
    126973 2437
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 12/6/18 3:34 PM
    RCA
    33905 321
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14342 121
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: The new Porsche 992 – a design icon and high-tech sports car 12/11/18 2:31 AM
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo
    14255 223
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 11/29/18 3:43 PM
    RCA
    13782 35
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    526489 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    484059 4254
    Porsche 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) Thread Closed 11/29/18 11:38 AM
    RCA
    295490 3195
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    280633 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/29/18 3:41 PM
    xpto
    266521 2622
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    192004 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/26/18 11:32 AM
    Rossi
    191695 1768
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 12/10/18 7:53 PM
    wantone
    182487 3278
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 12/10/18 7:47 PM
    wantone
    150348 2450
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    143123 757
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128848 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111904 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106729 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 12/10/18 3:41 PM
    WhoopsyM
    89788 1252
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 12/7/18 10:15 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    67173 673
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57420 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    47024 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 12/10/18 6:46 PM
    Mithras
    45909 1465
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42925 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 11/30/18 4:10 PM
    RCA
    42206 605
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 12/4/18 3:17 PM
    BiTurbo
    39701 650
    282 items found, displaying 1 to 30.