Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: august is near...time to buy a car.

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Hey, don't be like that!
    I just bought the Four Seasons Hotel because I liked the color of their carpets, and it matches the tone of my new Bugatti Veyron.
    Yeah, I got one early because my brother owns the Volkswagen group.
    My mother says I'm spending too much time with cars - she'd much rather I'd run Microsoft with her. Yeah, she got it as morning present for her 54th bithday. Actually...it wasn't her birthday, but my dad just likes to spoil her.
    I couldn't make up my mind on what to get. The Ferrari factories or just settle for Porsche AG?
    One of my girlies - Paris Hilton - is coming over for dinner tonite. I asked her if she new the difference between caviar and sex, and she said no, so it should get quite interesting, especially if Tom (you know...Cruise) brings over a couple of his worn-out ex's.
    Yeah, I usually help him out by telling his girlies he wants to break up. After all we're friends. Last time I had to let Penelope go. She took it pretty hard, but buying her the Harry Winston store seemed to help a bit on her mood.
    Maybe I should just have gotten her flowers, but I'm only 14, so I'm not really into all that.
    Actually I shouldn't be driving my Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches at all...but my uncle owns Florida and part of Georgia, so the Police don't mind.
    After all most of those I run over don't do much good to society anyways - so I'm really doing them a favor.

Hell, I gotta run.
    I forgot I'm supposed to help out George Dubya with his foreign policy!
    Guess I'll have to lower the oil prices a bit just to make his life easier.
    I'll take pictures soon!
    Bye!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

Hey, don't be like that!
    I just bought the Four Seasons Hotel because I liked the color of their carpets, and it matches the tone of my new Bugatti Veyron.
    Yeah, I got one early because my brother owns the Volkswagen group.
    My mother says I'm spending too much time with cars - she'd much rather I'd run Microsoft with her. Yeah, she got it as morning present for her 54th bithday. Actually...it wasn't her birthday, but my dad just likes to spoil her.
    I couldn't make up my mind on what to get. The Ferrari factories or just settle for Porsche AG?
    One of my girlies - Paris Hilton - is coming over for dinner tonite. I asked her if she new the difference between caviar and sex, and she said no, so it should get quite interesting, especially if Tom (you know...Cruise) brings over a couple of his worn-out ex's.
    Yeah, I usually help him out by telling his girlies he wants to break up. After all we're friends. Last time I had to let Penelope go. She took it pretty hard, but buying her the Harry Winston store seemed to help a bit on her mood.
    Maybe I should just have gotten her flowers, but I'm only 14, so I'm not really into all that.
    Actually I shouldn't be driving my Lambos, Ferraris and Porsches at all...but my uncle owns Florida and part of Georgia, so the Police don't mind.
    After all most of those I run over don't do much good to society anyways - so I'm really doing them a favor.

Hell, I gotta run.
    I forgot I'm supposed to help out George Dubya with his foreign policy!
    Guess I'll have to lower the oil prices a bit just to make his life easier.
    I'll take pictures soon!
    Bye!

haha Dubya

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

Hey, don't be like that!

sorry Dr.

Please take pics of your hotel, Bugatti, girls, and with George, etc...

Dr Phil,

Your funniest post yet.

Quote:
    iia said:
    Please take pics of your hotel, Bugatti, girls, and with George, etc...

Ok, you asked for it.
    Here are some of my Bugattis.
    I think it's the Veyron on the right...I'm not sure, cuz it's taken with my old camerca...I left my new 200 megapixel camera back on 5th avenue. Yeah, I own 5th avenue.
    You must excuse the driveway. It's not mine. It's my gardener's.
    My driveway...well, actually it's not so much a driveway -it used to be two counties that I had cleared of people and then paved.
    Anyways. Here are the cars.

I also have a picture of me and George, both senior (or "Pops" as I call him) and Dubya.
    It's me on the left. Sorry for the black bar, but I need to keep a low profile because of my job as a senior consultant for the Secret Service.

And I found a pic of one of the skankier girlies of mine.
    I think she's called Carmen or something. She mixes a pretty ok GT, but her body needs some work.
    She has a twin sister and they have both been begging me to come over to their house for drinks and sex...but I just dont hang around slackers like those. I'm sure you understand.

Whoops, Gotta run!
    Seems there is a problem with the Space Station.
    Yeah, my dad owns it plus he just bought the moon...talk about having a long commute to check on your investments..muaha-ha-ha-ha.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    And I found a pic of one of the skankier girlies of mine.
    I think she's called Carmen or something. She mixes a pretty ok GT, but her body needs some work.
    She has a twin sister and they have both been begging me to come over to their house for drinks and sex...but I just dont hang around slackers like those. I'm sure you understand.

Whoops, Gotta run!
    Seems there is a problem with the Space Station.
    Yeah, my dad owns it plus he just bought the moon...talk about having a long commute to check on your investments..muaha-ha-ha-ha.

Now we talk serious stuff. Thanks Dr Phil..... I nearly thaught that this thread was all about making a soap opera script!! I know now you are all for real!!

You're on a roll, Lasse.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    You're on a roll, Lasse.

Hehe...I may be on a roll, but I'd rather be on those two buns...

where is "killer"
    I miss him

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    where is "killer"
    I miss him

I'm sure he is busy photographing his fleet.

You are my man, Mr. Phill!
    hahaha!

excellent dr.phil! looooooooooooooooooooooooool

killer take lunch with bill gates for the moment.
    so he is occupied now

yo guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, I have been locked up in the last week of work (so far as summer clerking is concerned, getting ready for the fall semester and dealing with out of town visitors (my brother and a chick). So far as the pics are concerned, they were taken by the out of town chick when we went around philly... so as soon as her lazy @ss emails them to me, I will be able to share them with you--- the others were taken on my cell- and are horrible quality... so that's not going to happen. As a result- at her earliest conveince, I will be able to share the pics.

Anyway... Dr. Phil.... seems like you have been subbing for Leno since I have been away. If anyone is in Philly this week, a bunch of guys are meeting at the Rittenhouse for drinks and a drive! email me for details if any of you tri staters are in.

Philly drive info..

-Meet @ Rittenhouse 7pm, park cars at their place- goto Alma De Cuba (sp)... drinks and food 8:30pm... roll out for a night drive around philly .. culimating with the straight away drive to 30th street station behind 2121 Market Street. Afterwards- Old City..Starr Bar.

Quote:
    Patriek said:

Hehehehe...he's really getting under your skin, eh? LOL!
    Don't worry, he will come back soon with lots of pictures.
    If he doesn't get caught up in a hurricane, attacked by a 50ft Godzilla-like sewer rat or abducted by aliens.

I'm cracking up. I called this biscuit out on his investment BS and wanted to several times since but didn't have the energy as it seemed everyone was eating it up. Nice to see Dr. Phil own this sucker.

I really think this thread is an intresting delve into the culture of coveting.
    We have this heirarchical structure of social structure attached to these vehicles that we're so passionate about. Sometimes they transcend their own inherient values as objects (the very cars that they are) and becomes something more of a social badge of honor (i.e. "I drive a Ferrari").
    Some of us who for whatever inexplicable reason, aren't able to wager the audacious salaries required to buy these vehicles feel impeled to feign it. It's somewhat childish, but a little more perverse than anything. It sometimes questions my passion for vehicles that are in most aspects of average life, unattainably pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid car performance fan, but threads like this sometimes make me take a step back and look at myself, as well as our community.

I am having a great time reading this thread from the beginning. The only sad thing is that some people seem to bay into this soap!!!!

what if he surprises all of us and shows us his new secondhand 360.

I think it's a good possibility. Anyone who lives in/near Philly, go to it and see if he's right. And their are people who have much better cars than a 360 and we believe them, (of course they have proof), but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's not the point.
    Whether he owns the car or not, killer is a reprehensible person.

Maybe killer is really... Dr. Phil.

You gotta love this thread!!!
    It's cracking me up.

Quote:
    killer said:
    Philly drive info..
    -Meet @ Rittenhouse 7pm, park cars at their place- goto Alma De Cuba (sp)... drinks and food 8:30pm... roll out for a night drive around philly .. culimating with the straight away drive to 30th street station behind 2121 Market Street. Afterwards- Old City..Starr Bar.

Aw, c'mon guys, that wasn't funny!

Do you realise what it a hassle it was to get from Europe to the Rittenhouse by 7pm, only to find that nobody else turned up?

That trip isn't as easy as it used to be now that the Concorde flights have been stopped.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    I really think this thread is an intresting delve into the culture of coveting.
    We have this heirarchical structure of social structure attached to these vehicles that we're so passionate about. Sometimes they transcend their own inherient values as objects (the very cars that they are) and becomes something more of a social badge of honor (i.e. "I drive a Ferrari").
    Some of us who for whatever inexplicable reason, aren't able to wager the audacious salaries required to buy these vehicles feel impeled to feign it. It's somewhat childish, but a little more perverse than anything. It sometimes questions my passion for vehicles that are in most aspects of average life, unattainably pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid car performance fan, but threads like this sometimes make me take a step back and look at myself, as well as our community.

How very eloquently put.
    (I thought my english was good, but I had to look up half the words you use, just to be sure I understood you correctly )

The reason why I like this forum is that most people in here focuus on one thing: Cars.
    Sure, some of the guys in here are well off and some are even unimaginably wealthy I'm sure, but I believe all social or financial differences for the most part disappear the moment you log on to rennteam.com.

Regardless of cultural background, ethnic origin, financial staus or age, most people in here understand that money wont get you any further than first base in here.
    The only currencies that have any leverage in here are those of comradeship, respect, knowledge, humor and one's willingness to share one's love for automobiles.
    I'm sure a guy like Mike Valentine could buy me 6 times over - and so what? His knowledge, own experiences and well-written posts combined with a totally down-to-earth "next-door-Joe" apporoach to others is what makes me respect and like him. His financial capabilities are interesting as far as he is able to share 1st person experiences with cool cars. But other than that, I couldn't care less about his finances.
    Nick is probably not doing too badly either, but he is stil a troll, no matter how much $$$ he makes.
    I dunno about the rest of the guys but my guess is they range from Joe Sixpack to Bill Gates financially.
    But I honestly don't feel it matters in here.
    Sure, it's great to see pics and hear a review from someone who actually OWNS a CGT, and no Average Joe does that.
    But read the posts from the guys with the nicest (most expensive) cars in here. I still haven't read one where the person states or implies something like "Hey! I'm rich! I just bought a CGT! Do you accept me now because I'm rich?".
    On the contrary people in here enjoy and share eachother's passion and excitement. Regardless of the pricetag on the car and the income of the owner. I actually think most people in here would get more excited about seeing a well-restored old 912 than the 145th brand new 997.

I don't think anyone in here goes to bed starving or are really bad off finacially. Some of us might be going thru tough times once in a while, but lets face it: If you can even afford THINKING abut buying a Porsche or Ferrari, you're probably not doing too poorly.

For the very same reason, it is pretty off key IMO to come in here with an "I just stole Donald Trump's Amex Black Card...and watch me now!"- attitude like Killer does.
    Does he have money? I don't know, and I couldn't care less.
    But it's pretty obvious that he is either young and unsure of himself, or simply doesn't get the fact that we share a passion for cars, not a passion for spending a bunch of money on some car as long as it's expensive.
    IMO that's tacky and unclassy.
    I'd much rather have a heated car-debate with a homeless guy, than a talk about what gazillion-dollar car to buy with a spoilt rich kid.

Does this forum push people into lying about their own finacial abilities? absolutely not. The only thing that compels people into lying is their own insecurities.
    If you're a sportscar freak and cannot afford a sportscar, you're still absolutely welcome in here in my book. I believe that garners more respect than making up weird stories to impress the rest of us.

This board is about having the right attitude - not the right financial magnitude.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 4/23/18 8:58 PM
    Enmanuel
    283306 4500
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 4/24/18 2:49 PM
    Whoopsy
    270551 1816
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 4/24/18 5:17 AM
    Whoopsy

171908 983
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/24/18 12:33 AM
    Enmanuel
    100823 1786
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 4/24/18 4:04 AM
    Leawood911
    80154 1128
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/24/18 5:59 PM
    SciFrog
    22548 1103
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    553819 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    461671 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    450797 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 3/11/18 5:44 PM
    RCA
    249720 2560
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    216973 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    177303 1699
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    167189 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 3/31/18 10:47 PM
    watt
    147189 1495
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/24/18 1:41 PM
    DJM48
    142123 2937
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    113450 692
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 4/24/18 7:54 AM
    RCA
    110579 2089
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    109174 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    89323 765
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 4/20/18 6:04 PM
    noone1
    84250 869
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM