Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Am I nuts to pay $100 for a used Porsche seatbelt buckle so that I can stop that f'ing annoying chime in my car?

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Well.. if you never wear your seatbelt (don't worry, no preaching here), then it would be a must have. I know I get annoyed when that chime kicks in driving in the parking lot at my kids school, it's overbearing and I feel like its a nagging wife telling me to do something.. I just want to say Please shut the f* UP! My Suburban doesn't bitc* at me like that, why should you? Because you are HIGH MAINTENANCE, that's why... I love you anyway

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    ...it's overbearing and I feel like its a nagging wife telling me to do something.. I just want to say Please shut the f* UP! My Suburban doesn't bitc* at me like that, why should you? Because you are HIGH MAINTENANCE, that's why... I love you anyway



    hahahahahha rofl

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    That sounds expensive...but, if you have got to the point of nervous breakdown... ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding I would do anything to kill that f... noise!!!!!!

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Or use the FREE buckle that came with your car.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    Texas911 said:
    Or use the FREE buckle that came with your car.



    I have to agree, just use the free one that came with the car . I grew up using a seat belt so it is second nature to me.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    Am I nuts to pay $100 for a used Porsche seatbelt buckle so that I can stop that f'ing annoying chime in my car?



    If the sound is that annoying I would say $100.00 is a fair price. Now I don't want to get into a flame war but if the sound is that annoying just put on the seat belt. Look at it this way, if you put on the belt you not only will get the "ding" to stop but you also get the extra benefit that comes with wearing a seat belt.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Driving without seatbelt? There is a reason it goes ding ding ding mate...

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    There's no need for a seatbelt when reversing, but it still dings even then - thats the bit that annoys me!

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    STUPID IDEA!!!

    Just buckle-up

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    You drive your car for extended periods in Reverse????!!!!!!

    How annoying is it to hear that ding for a few seconds, unless you have the worlds longest driveway!

    Actually I tested it and the dinging stops after a few seconds if you don't drive your car.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    I grew up not belting-up. Then, when I finally got a new car with good shoulder belts in '85, I started using them here and there, usually when I was in heavy traffic.

    Then, one morning on the way to work in Detroit (traffic hell), for whatever reason, I decided to click the buckle after picking up some donuts for work. 30 seconds later, travelling at around 45 mph, an old lady pulled out in front of me and I T-boned her before I could even reach the brake pedal. If I had not been buckled up.............

    I've been wearing it ever since.

    Just get over your stubbornness, and buckle the damn belt. My dad insists on driving without a belt, and it's just silly stubborn old man disease, nothing more, nothing less... So, today would be a good day to just make a decision, and start clicking in. Munching an exploding air bag will re-arrange your face really well.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Do me and the rest of USA insurance payers a favor. Just wear your seatbelt. It's like people who smoke (especially the ones who can't afford health insurance) they are expecting "the rest of us" to pay their medical bills resulting from their stupidity.

    Plus, we like you here on the board and don't want you to get hurt.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Do me and the rest of USA insurance payers a favor. Just wear your seatbelt. It's like people who smoke (especially the ones who can't afford health insurance) they are expecting "the rest of us" to pay their medical bills resulting from their stupidity.

    Plus, we like you here on the board and don't want you to get hurt.



    Word to ya mutha....

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    Am I nuts to pay $100 for a used Porsche seatbelt buckle so that I can stop that f'ing annoying chime in my car?



    Yes

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    My dad insists on driving without a belt, and it's just silly stubborn old man disease, nothing more, nothing less...



    yeah, there was a standup comic who said, "My dad, [blah blah blah], because he wants to be 'thrown free' from the wreck. I told him maybe he ride on the hood!" was quite funny at the time.


    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    My dad insists on driving without a belt, and it's just silly stubborn old man disease, nothing more, nothing less...



    yeah, there was a standup comic who said, "My dad, [blah blah blah], because he wants to be 'thrown free' from the wreck. I told him maybe he ride on the hood!" was quite funny at the time.





    ride on the hood, I love it.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Do me and the rest of USA insurance payers a favor. Just wear your seatbelt. It's like people who smoke (especially the ones who can't afford health insurance) they are expecting "the rest of us" to pay their medical bills resulting from their stupidity.

    Plus, we like you here on the board and don't want you to get hurt.


    lil off topic here, but, do you also think overweight people should not be allowed to eat at mcdonalds?

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    drdrilz said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Do me and the rest of USA insurance payers a favor. Just wear your seatbelt. It's like people who smoke (especially the ones who can't afford health insurance) they are expecting "the rest of us" to pay their medical bills resulting from their stupidity.

    Plus, we like you here on the board and don't want you to get hurt.


    lil off topic here, but, do you also think overweight people should not be allowed to eat at mcdonalds?




    Sure, they can eat McDonalds until they've got "special sauce" oozing from their ears for all I care.

    BUT....

    They should pay their own damn medical bills, they should pay for their own damn 'Lil Rascal scooter, they should pay for their own tow-truck hoist to lift the 'Lil Rascal in and out of their conversion van, etc.etc...

    As long as everybody's self-responsible, I don't care what you do.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    I can't believe that there is no law in USA saying you MUST use your seat belt

    Anyway, just buckle up for your own safety

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    Fast Fred said:
    I can't believe that there is no law in USA saying you MUST use your seat belt

    Anyway, just buckle up for your own safety



    There are laws in most (if not all) states that require seat belt use.

    Phil

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    Fast Fred said:
    I can't believe that there is no law in USA saying you MUST use your seat belt

    Anyway, just buckle up for your own safety



    Yes it is the law. I don't know of a state in the US that doesn't have it as a law. Really I think it comes down to back in the 70s,80s,90s people didn't wear belts and now they have too. As you can imagine there will always be some who don't want to change. For me I started wearing mine in 1981 so it is second nature to me. I actrally feel naked without it. But each person is different.

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    drdrilz said:

    lil off topic here, but, do you also think overweight people should not be allowed to eat at mcdonalds?



    Obesity isn't always a willful thing. There's a genetic component for some. How ya gonna sort that out?

    It seems the seatbelt laws are tolerable, the helmet laws make sense (I guess), there's a hundred laws that COULD be made to change people's behaviors; eventually there's a line to be drawn. For now, it's pretty safe to say requiring people to wear a seatbelt is one of the few GOOD laws. Sheet..., you're not going anywhere, you have to sit down to drive, so you might as well put the stupid belt on: no big inconvenience, no big deal!

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Well.. if you never wear your seatbelt (don't worry, no preaching here), then it would be a must have. I know I get annoyed when that chime kicks in driving in the parking lot at my kids school, it's overbearing and I feel like its a nagging wife telling me to do something.. I just want to say Please shut the f* UP! My Suburban doesn't bitc* at me like that, why should you? Because you are HIGH MAINTENANCE, that's why... I love you anyway



    ROFL!!!

    Re: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding . . .

    Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Quote:
    drdrilz said:
    Quote:
    MMD said:
    Do me and the rest of USA insurance payers a favor. Just wear your seatbelt. It's like people who smoke (especially the ones who can't afford health insurance) they are expecting "the rest of us" to pay their medical bills resulting from their stupidity.

    Plus, we like you here on the board and don't want you to get hurt.


    lil off topic here, but, do you also think overweight people should not be allowed to eat at mcdonalds?




    Sure, they can eat McDonalds until they've got "special sauce" oozing from their ears for all I care.

    BUT....

    They should pay their own damn medical bills, they should pay for their own damn 'Lil Rascal scooter, they should pay for their own tow-truck hoist to lift the 'Lil Rascal in and out of their conversion van, etc.etc...

    As long as everybody's self-responsible , I don't care what you do.



    In the US? whaaat? we have more laws to pass on resposiblity than there are to ensure that we do take resposibility...IMO.

    Maybe someday Boss... The US of A will be a country of willing individuals taking resposibility for their actions... no more my mama did this and my daddy did that... etc...etc...... short-rant-ala-tooner

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 4/23/18 8:58 PM
    Enmanuel
    283306 4500
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 4/24/18 2:49 PM
    Whoopsy
    270551 1816
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 4/24/18 5:17 AM
    Whoopsy
     
     
     
     
     
    171908 983
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 4/24/18 12:33 AM
    Enmanuel
    100823 1786
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 4/24/18 4:04 AM
    Leawood911
    80154 1128
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 4/24/18 5:59 PM
    SciFrog
    22548 1103
    Porsche 918 latest news Thread Closed 11/6/17 10:43 AM
    RCA
    553819 5574
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    461671 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    450797 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 3/11/18 5:44 PM
    RCA
    249720 2560
    Porsche Cayman GT4 12/30/17 11:07 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    216973 2482
    Porsche 991 GT2 RS (2017) - Rumors, speculations and gossip Thread Closed 7/3/17 2:04 PM
    RCA
    177303 1699
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    167189 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 3/31/18 10:47 PM
    watt
    147189 1495
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 4/24/18 1:41 PM
    DJM48
    142123 2937
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 12/29/17 8:31 AM
    dreamcar
    113450 692
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 4/24/18 7:54 AM
    RCA
    110579 2089
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    109174 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 12/5/17 3:29 PM
    RCA
    89323 765
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 4/20/18 6:04 PM
    noone1
    84250 869
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 718 Boxster (2016) 10/20/17 11:17 AM
    DaveGordon
    82747 732
    McLaren F1 8/23/17 11:10 AM
    Carlos from SpainM
    51129 202
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 3/30/18 9:09 AM
    TB993tt
    48188 640
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 4/23/18 2:30 AM
    Targa Tim
    46619 726
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    42825 423
    Lambo Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring? 11/7/17 12:30 AM
    kingjr9000
    36999 852
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/29/17 12:27 PM
    DJM48
    31316 471
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    31104 597
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    31007 1122
    Lambo Aventador and SV 4/12/18 2:01 PM
    crayphile
    28307 427
    344 items found, displaying 1 to 30.