Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera Photographers have a good eye...

Thanks Misha - but still, hard to see a difference!

Lars , back to the shape of rear lights - my only problem with Panamera is the pointy / arrow shaped rear lights . Can't stop thinking that this shape ( a la 997 ) would be much better .  Here in different angles and colors .

Silver TT side view.JPG

orig and mt.JPG

white turbo original.JPG

original & mt.JPG

We tried to get a Panamera Turbo test car but apparently Porsche is "afraid" what we' d have to say about the Panamera.  They don't seem to trust their own product.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

We tried to get a Panamera Turbo test car but apparently Porsche is "afraid" what we' d have to say about the Panamera.  They don't seem to trust their own product.  

Why would Porsche give you a test car? I don't get it!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

I dont get why Porsche should not get a test car!

I think with something like Rennteam, you should be on the "journalist" level. So if you are behind your products you would like to give "real" fans and potential buyers the opportunity to test drive?

reginos:
    RC:

Rennteam is officially accredited by Porsche. Simple answer.

Rennteam is registered as a media company in Germany, our CEO is a "registered" journalist with an official press legitimation. Hope you get it now . I

In the past, we got our share of "drives" more or less unofficially but this time we tried it through the official channel for various reasons.

We're still on it...maybe...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

@Misha, I know that you have a problem with the back light and that you change them on the pictures.

- just on the two black cars, above my post I asked you, those lights are looking the same. I guess this is just a copy mistake?

RC:
    reginos:
    RC:

Rennteam is officially accredited by Porsche. Simple answer.

Rennteam is registered as a media company in Germany, our CEO is a "registered" journalist with an official press legitimation. Hope you get it now . I

In the past, we got our share of "drives" more or less unofficially but this time we tried it through the official channel for various reasons.

We're still on it...maybe...

My question was intended for inquiry purposes. I didn't know that you are accredited journalists.

Anyway, RC by following your posts, I think you've made up your mind about the Panamera already. You don't need a test drive

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

I think you have just had to go to the official presentation of the car if rennteam is oficially accredited by Porsche, because I have heard there where the most oscured magazines presented to the first official test drives this year. Full of magazines from countries like Mexico, India, Brazil easter Europe... so on... Also all the big magazines from Germany have got the car for testing. So I just think that you should ask for the car, and personally I don´t see why they will not give you a car. Also I´ve read not a bad comment about the way the Panamera drives and how good  the car is and the achievement it is, so I don´t see why Porsche should not trust the product. The only negative comments I´ve heard was about the looks and also almost all of them say the car looks so much better in real. But also that is something I think Porsche has assumed that allways a new Porsche is controversial so.. also I don´t see again an issue.... Also if it is the very first time to obtain a "official" car for testing it may be an issue sometimes. 

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Well...I can't explain it in detail but we are a little bit different than any other car magazine/publication, simply because we are Porsche OWNERS.

The Rennteam "staff" owns two Carrera GT, one 997 GT2, various 997 models incl. Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, Ferrari, Lotus, etc.. We're a different kind of people and Porsche knows it.

I don't want to blab around too much but I had a eye to eye conversation to the head of Weissach Cayenne production quality management and since that time, my relationship to Porsche has been a little bit odd. While most journalists have talked the Cayenne up to Porsche heaven, I made some direct requests how to substantially improve the Cayenne but the responsible people felt offended, especially since I was offered access to direct talks to the people directly involved with Cayenne development. Just imagine an engineer talking to a guy who never had similar studies, you can imagine how "delighted" they were. Some of the points I made were implemented with the facelift (sport button incl. more direct throttle response, sportier shifting and less understeer, more powerful powerkit and 500 HP base engine) but our "relationship" hasn't improved. 

Now I shut up...I just hope that Porsche realizes that they have a HUGE chance by providing us with a Panamera Turbo. If the car sucks, no doubt about it, I will report it in every little detail. I owned several high performance limousines in the past, incl. the E55 AMG. If the Panamera Turbo is great, we'll write up exactly how the car feels and "FEELS" from an OWNER point of view, not from the view of a journalist who probably drives a VW Passat SW as a family car. 

Like I said earlier: we're still working on getting a testcar for a couple of days, I just hope that Porsche doesn't chicken out.  

Btw: I had the fantastic idea of driving a Panamera Turbo with my wife and the two kids to Lago di Garda back in June for a REAL LIFE test drive under REAL conditions. It would have been great, a real life experience with my family and of course the comments from my wife and kids, incl. some great pictures. It didn't happen because I was too late with our request but I'm pretty sure that this would have been the hell of a report with very nice photos. It is Porsche's loss, not mine. 

--

RC:

I don't want to blab around too much but I had a eye to eye conversation to the head of Weissach Cayenne production quality management and since that time, my relationship to Porsche has been a little bit odd. While most journalists have talked the Cayenne up to Porsche heaven, I made some direct requests how to substantially improve the Cayenne but the responsible people felt offended, especially since I was offered access to direct talks to the people directly involved with Cayenne development. Just imagine an engineer talking to a guy who never had similar studies, you can imagine how "delighted" they were. Some of the points I made were implemented with the facelift (sport button incl. more direct throttle response, sportier shifting and less understeer, more powerful powerkit and 500 HP base engine) but our "relationship" hasn't improved. 

People don't like to be criticized. Full stop. Even if they explicitly ask you for "constructive criticism" - that word is an utter joke"- they won't like it when you tell the truth. Even worse, they won't listen and WILL ignore it (and hate your guts Smiley)

It's truely a form of art. You have to tip-toe around , push them gently in the right direction and generally make them believe that they came to the conclusion on their own. At least this is what you have to do if you truely want them to change. 

Just my personal experience.

I agree, Tim. The problem was: I had no clue who I am going to meet. When I arrived at the gate, I asked about Mr. MS..... and the receptionist actually told me that this name doesn't exist. Then, I was standing there like an a.., thinking about what to do when somebody else I already knew there came up to me and asked me if he can help. This is when I found out who I am going to meet with, it was a pretty weird experience (reminded me a little bit of my diplo work in Eastern Europe when meetings with VIPs were due and nobody actually told us details). It was a nice meeting but this guy was looking at his watch twice a minute, very annoying, another reason why I started to artificially extend our meeting because I was annoyed. Maybe I shouldn't have done that but I really got the feeling that he was pressed to meet with me but didn't want to. I also made a complaint to Dr. Wiedeking after this meeting because I felt really like I've done the trip for nothing but the result was that this guy sent me an email, asking me not to mail him EVER again. Funny part: I never sent him an email, so this was another weird part of the whole story.

Another "funny" part: a couple of weeks after this very disappointing experience, I had a Rennteam user who was a VIP in Hollywood (no kidding, he was working for a well known special effects company). He had a lot of problems with his car and asked for help. I sent his complaint to Mr. MS by email (I really thought that he is not going to do anything because he told me not to send him a mail) but surprisingly, two days later, the dealership of this Hollywood guy called and told him that Porsche Germany just sent a missing part by express mail and they didn't have a clue how this worked out that  fast. 

Bottom line is: Porsche knows about Rennteam, we have lots of Porsche employees who actually registered with their official email address and/or with a Porsche IP address. I also received a very positive feedback about Rennteam when we visited Porsche Leipzig a while ago. We are officially accredited, we have access to the press database. Still...apparently we need more than that to be accepted as full members of the press, I don't know what we could do more. I'm not a professional journalist, nor are my "collegues" but I'm a very enthusiastic person and I love cars, especially Porsche cars. If this is not enough, I don't know.  

Maybe I'm just too naive how things work and it would be a pitty. Porsche builds great cars and they don't have ANY reason to hide them or to make them look better. 

--

434.jpg

200.jpg

911PH.JPG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 11/18/18 10:43 PM
    EnglishManInNY
    403803 5190
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 11/20/18 7:12 PM
    Enmanuel
    320937 1978
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 11/20/18 6:29 PM
    Lars997M
    272716 2971
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 11/7/18 2:43 PM
    Pilot

211344 1077
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 11/15/18 6:23 PM
    BONES
    192004 2674
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/20/18 1:57 PM
    SciFrog
    123271 2424
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 11/15/18 12:15 PM
    RCA
    32279 316
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14048 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    13326 31
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    523490 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    483344 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    278998 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/16/18 11:30 AM
    RCA
    264098 2611
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    191547 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/20/18 2:09 PM
    BiTurbo
    190136 1755
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 11/20/18 7:53 PM
    crayphile
    178993 3220
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    142744 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 11/20/18 6:41 PM
    intouch1
    142500 2247
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128300 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111648 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106516 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 11/20/18 12:37 PM
    reginos
    85043 1137
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 10/13/18 9:50 PM
    RCA
    66643 672
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57199 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    46680 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 11/14/18 12:48 PM
    lukestern
    43272 1395
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42818 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    41266 597
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/19/18 8:31 AM
    RCA
    39330 472
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/14/18 11:25 AM
    RCA
    39055 637
    283 items found, displaying 1 to 30.