Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thank you for your notes.
    I'll look into tan interior but it must get dirty quite quick. I'll check anyway thanks.
    Re track days, I've also read in the press it's a surprisingly agile car, but it still weighs 1700 kgs!
    Better leave the track to cars like 911 GT3 or 430 CS IMO.



    The "dirt problem" also concerned me (and was the primary reason why I never seriously considered tan in previous years).

    However, my dealer told me that (a) tan is much less susceptible to dirt than beige or sand colored beige and (b) that a regular cleaning during service intervals would be more than enough to keep the leather like new. I also read on some forums that tan should get a nice "patina" over the mid to long term. In summary, I think, it is worth trying...

    The reason for risking it is simple: when I sat in this tan interior the impression was really excellent. So bright and high-end looking. Black, in my opinion, does not look 50% as nice. That was the point when I made up my mind and switched to tan (in my case with Daytona Black as the exterior color - although, I am still considered a dark blue, maybe even Pozzi, as an alternative)



    Did you also consider cuoio as interior colour? A little bit darker than tan, so even more stain-resistant, but still light enough to give you a whole new impression of an interior in comparison to black.

    In fact I'm thinking about cuoio as my next interior colour, with black carpets and accents like dash board as in your case. Cuoio should also work with rosso corsa.



    Cuoio is also quite nice. However, after sitting in a car with Tan interior and in another with Cuoio leather my preference was easily determined... Tan is absolutely great looking on the 599! Don't know why. The overall looks are simply stunning. Might be different in case of the 430 though

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thank you for your notes.
    I'll look into tan interior but it must get dirty quite quick. I'll check anyway thanks.
    Re track days, I've also read in the press it's a surprisingly agile car, but it still weighs 1700 kgs!
    Better leave the track to cars like 911 GT3 or 430 CS IMO.



    The "dirt problem" also concerned me (and was the primary reason why I never seriously considered tan in previous years).

    However, my dealer told me that (a) tan is much less susceptible to dirt than beige or sand colored beige and (b) that a regular cleaning during service intervals would be more than enough to keep the leather like new. I also read on some forums that tan should get a nice "patina" over the mid to long term. In summary, I think, it is worth trying...

    The reason for risking it is simple: when I sat in this tan interior the impression was really excellent. So bright and high-end looking. Black, in my opinion, does not look 50% as nice. That was the point when I made up my mind and switched to tan (in my case with Daytona Black as the exterior color - although, I am still considered a dark blue, maybe even Pozzi, as an alternative)



    Did you also consider cuoio as interior colour? A little bit darker than tan, so even more stain-resistant, but still light enough to give you a whole new impression of an interior in comparison to black.

    In fact I'm thinking about cuoio as my next interior colour, with black carpets and accents like dash board as in your case. Cuoio should also work with rosso corsa.



    Cuoio is also quite nice. However, after sitting in a car with Tan interior and in another with Cuoio leather my preference was easily determined... Tan is absolutely great looking on the 599! Don't know why. The overall looks are simply stunning. Might be different in case of the 430 though



    Currently I'm thinking about the F430-successor as follows:
    rosso corsa (it has to be ), cuoio interior with black carpets, upper dash in black as well as steering wheel, lower part in cuoio and also black-cuoio for the doors. Stitching in colour of the leather, as I don't really like deviating stitching. I guess there will be CF parts in that car also, so IMO that will make a very good looking combination.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thank you for your notes.
    I'll look into tan interior but it must get dirty quite quick. I'll check anyway thanks.
    Re track days, I've also read in the press it's a surprisingly agile car, but it still weighs 1700 kgs!
    Better leave the track to cars like 911 GT3 or 430 CS IMO.



    The "dirt problem" also concerned me (and was the primary reason why I never seriously considered tan in previous years).

    However, my dealer told me that (a) tan is much less susceptible to dirt than beige or sand colored beige and (b) that a regular cleaning during service intervals would be more than enough to keep the leather like new. I also read on some forums that tan should get a nice "patina" over the mid to long term. In summary, I think, it is worth trying...

    The reason for risking it is simple: when I sat in this tan interior the impression was really excellent. So bright and high-end looking. Black, in my opinion, does not look 50% as nice. That was the point when I made up my mind and switched to tan (in my case with Daytona Black as the exterior color - although, I am still considered a dark blue, maybe even Pozzi, as an alternative)



    Did you also consider cuoio as interior colour? A little bit darker than tan, so even more stain-resistant, but still light enough to give you a whole new impression of an interior in comparison to black.

    In fact I'm thinking about cuoio as my next interior colour, with black carpets and accents like dash board as in your case. Cuoio should also work with rosso corsa.



    Cuoio is also quite nice. However, after sitting in a car with Tan interior and in another with Cuoio leather my preference was easily determined... Tan is absolutely great looking on the 599! Don't know why. The overall looks are simply stunning. Might be different in case of the 430 though



    Currently I'm thinking about the F430-successor as follows:
    rosso corsa (it has to be ), cuoio interior with black carpets, upper dash in black as well as steering wheel, lower part in cuoio and also black-cuoio for the doors. Stitching in colour of the leather, as I don't really like deviating stitching. I guess there will be CF parts in that car also, so IMO that will make a very good looking combination.



    Sounds good Black carpets, carbon etc. go very well with beige colored leather. Nice contrast - and also quite practical. I don't see how one could order a steering wheel in Crema for example...

    BTW, for those who have not yet seen the below threads: they provide some guidance on the various beige colored leathers Ferrari offers (i.e. Cuoio, Tan, Sabbia, Crema):

    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120133&page=3
    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135812
    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129489

    P.S.: The seconds picture in the first link (the metallic red 599 with beige interior) demonstrates how nice Tan in combination with carbon contrasts looks

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    My 997 is in London right now and it's utterly useless. Roads are bad quality and very heavy traffic



    Hi Fanch, I thought you really liked the -20mm sports suspension Fanch? Maybe, according to your personal preferences, it's just suitable for the track? Do you find it makes for a tiring journey (especially long motorway journeys) rather than being too harsh? That might make sense if you want more of a GT car which is only occasionally used for the track.

    I've been driving the -20mm here in London for nearly 3 months now and I just love it. My wife, whom you met that day, especially adores it - she's a really hardcore sports car fanatic!

    I'm interested to hear your thoughts...

    All the best - have a great weekend!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    if i did that youd have to put me in a state of suspended animation for 25mos id be so anxious...congratulations

    Re: Took the plunge!

    16 months waiting that's pure torture! But it's a beautiful car, saw it in real life in NYC. Very elegant GT!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    My 997 is in London right now and it's utterly useless. Roads are bad quality and very heavy traffic



    Do you find it makes for a tiring journey (especially long motorway journeys) rather than being too harsh? That might make sense if you want more of a GT car which is only occasionally used for the track.




    No not at all, I have never tried PASM but I find sport chassis to be the perfect blend of comfort and sportiness.
    I love the sport chassis.
    But it's no excuse for the bad conditions of London roads though, that's what I meant.
    Car is great but road works and heavy traffic are appauling.
    Great roads in the countryside but it takes forever to get in and out of London which is a shame, and don't even get me started on the M25!
    Paris traffic is also pretty hurrendous but it's much easier to get access to great fun smooth country roads, hence the reason why I'm driving my car back next week.

    Car choice wise, I believe a Carrera with sport chassis is great tool for the occasionnal trackday. Really half way between a normal Carrera and a GT3.

    The 599 is definitely more GT and will be complemented by a track car later. In the meantime, the Carrera is perfect. I'm far from having mastered its dynamics!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    993Targa said:
    16 months waiting that's pure torture!



    Indeed! Which is why I'm trying to forget about it now!
    997 is an awesome car in the meantime!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Fanch I feel your excitement buying your first Ferrari. No doubt the 599 is their best yet and you made a great choice. Your trip to Maranello should be a blast.

    BTW I had to laugh when you indicated you could not get a discount on the 599. Here in the US, if you asked the dealer for a discount he/she would laugh so loud you could hear him/her in Europe.

    Welcome to the Ferrari family.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

    My 997 is in London right now and it's utterly useless. Roads are bad quality and very heavy traffic



    Do you find it makes for a tiring journey (especially long motorway journeys) rather than being too harsh? That might make sense if you want more of a GT car which is only occasionally used for the track.




    No not at all, I have never tried PASM but I find sport chassis to be the perfect blend of comfort and sportiness.
    I love the sport chassis.
    But it's no excuse for the bad conditions of London roads though, that's what I meant.
    Car is great but road works and heavy traffic are appauling.
    Great roads in the countryside but it takes forever to get in and out of London which is a shame, and don't even get me started on the M25!
    Paris traffic is also pretty hurrendous but it's much easier to get access to great fun smooth country roads, hence the reason why I'm driving my car back next week.

    Car choice wise, I believe a Carrera with sport chassis is great tool for the occasionnal trackday. Really half way between a normal Carrera and a GT3.

    The 599 is definitely more GT and will be complemented by a track car later. In the meantime, the Carrera is perfect. I'm far from having mastered its dynamics!



    Thanks for clarifying Francois.... Yes, the road quality, roadworks and traffic in London have to be seen to be believed...

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Congrats, 599 is the way to go.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Sounds good Black carpets, carbon etc. go very well with beige colored leather. Nice contrast - and also quite practical. I don't see how one could order a steering wheel in Crema for example...

    BTW, for those who have not yet seen the below threads: they provide some guidance on the various beige colored leathers Ferrari offers (i.e. Cuoio, Tan, Sabbia, Crema):

    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120133&page=3
    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135812
    www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129489

    P.S.: The seconds picture in the first link (the metallic red 599 with beige interior) demonstrates how nice Tan in combination with carbon contrasts looks



    Thanks for that links, very helpful concerning the different shades of light brown.
    Tan surely is nice, but was never my cup of tea. A little bit too light and I've seen just too many red/tan cars.

    Cuoio gives a welcome change, similar to tan but yet different, still light enough to give the cabin an airy touch and a very warm and cozy colour as well. Cuoio should also work with rosso corsa. I would only go with black carpets, as this is the part of the car, that will be most sensitive against dirt. Also IMO the cuoio carpets don't fit in colour to the cuoio leather, just have a look at the blue 360 Spider in thread #1.

    Last but not least I absolutely agree that a steering wheel colour other than black is nonsense.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Your spec. are;

    "Grigio Silverstone, black interior with grey stitching, 20in challenge rims, CCM brakes with alu colored callipers, full carbon interior, roof and rear lugage shelf in leather, battery pack, daytona electric seats, F shields on the sides, electrochromatic mirrors, parking sensors rear and front, Bose sound system and Ipod kit".

    I agree with Rossi. The cuoio interior would look terrific with the silverstone. When Ferrari first introduced the color,they showed it with cuoio interior. If you go with Cuoio go with black carpeting.

    Also, are the daytona seats in the 599 the race looking seats? All the 599's I have seen had the race looking seats. If I am not mistaken, the owner of the dealership indicated to me they were called Daytona for the 599.

    If not and they are the regular daytona seats, you might want to considered heated seats. I am sure you are aware that with the full carbon entire that also includes the steering wheel.


    You still have plenty of time to change your order.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Also, are the daytona seats in the 599 the race looking seats? All the 599's I have seen had the race looking seats. If I am not mistaken, the owner of the dealership indicated to me they were called Daytona for the 599.




    Race looking seats are standard in the 599. "Daytona" just refers to the looks of the leather. Different stitching pattern, basically.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    These are "Daytona" style:

    Re: Took the plunge!

    These are standard style:

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Also, are the daytona seats in the 599 the race looking seats? All the 599's I have seen had the race looking seats. If I am not mistaken, the owner of the dealership indicated to me they were called Daytona for the 599.




    Race looking seats are standard in the 599. "Daytona" just refers to the looks of the leather. Different stitching pattern, basically.



    Very good move from Ferrari to make the racing seats standard!

    Finally they found a solution for best of both worlds: lateral grip and comfort!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    These are "Daytona" style:



    I'm not a big fan of the Daytona style, makes the cabin too busy IMO, especially with deviating pattern or stitching colour.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    These are standard style:



    Standard looks better to me.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    felicitations francois!!!! excellente decision.. i had the chance to have a 599 for a day last month in dubai, and even though these days i am more of a lambo fan, the 599 impressed me a lot , it is really a perfect car, th f1 is really amazing, a great improvement over the 430 f1,the interior is really great , i didnt found any flaw in the car. i will also advice you to check the cuio sella , its the dark tan or "tabac" color , looks great

    Re: Took the plunge!

    i also saw both seats, the standard seats looks better

    Re: Took the plunge!

    I'm relatively new to Rennteam but I've read about your, Francois and now this. I wanted to offer you my congratulations as well! The 599 is one of my favorite cars right now. Very good move having gone with all of these options. They're exactly what I would've gone with. And yes, I do think that you should get "Daytona" style seats. I've sat in both versions (Daytona vs Stanard) and the former is much nicer. Gives the car a much more exotic feel.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Rossi said:

    I'm not a big fan of the Daytona style, makes the cabin too busy IMO, especially with deviating pattern or stitching colour.



    They are busy, but they are growing on you. They are AWSOME!

    And than tan with the light burgundy exterior... Too bad you can't get a 599 here at MSRP...

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Great car and IMO you've chosen the best exterior color Ferrari has to offer for it's cars at the moment ..Though that said I do have a soft spot for the darker tan colors for the interior as well

    Will be anticipating your writeup and many, many pictures when it'll arrive

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Congratulation Fanch !

    I haven't heard from you for a long time, it is a BIG and GREAT news !

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Thanks for your kind words guys.
    I'll check into Cuoi interior, promised, although I've always liked black interior and since I've gone for full carbon (Steering wheel, doors, front facia, door seals, etc.) and grey stitching, I don't want it to look too busy.
    Anyway, I'll be too busy watching the road ahead!
    About Daytona, the two 599 on display at the dealer had both style, and Daytona it is for me. There are exactly the same shells but just different patterns in term of design.
    Purely subjective.
    Thanks again.

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Thanks for your kind words guys.
    I'll check into Cuoi interior, promised, although I've always liked black interior and since I've gone for full carbon (Steering wheel, doors, front facia, door seals, etc.) and grey stitching, I don't want it to look too busy.
    Anyway, I'll be too busy watching the road ahead!
    About Daytona, the two 599 on display at the dealer had both style, and Daytona it is for me. There are exactly the same shells but just different patterns in term of design.
    Purely subjective.
    Thanks again.



    Fantastic, Fanch! Great choice, best car currently. If I could, I'd swap to the 599 GTB anytime.

    I'd stay with black interior. Cuio is too mediterranean IMO, and a car should be more like a spaceship -- black, carbon, grey... great!

    Re: Took the plunge!

    You ordered a 599 Fanch???
    Holy cow and congratulations

    And I must say that you have very good taste sir, Grigio Silverstone with black daytona leather is exactly what my 599 would look like - If I ever get 400 000 euros to spend on a car (which what it will app cost in Norway)

    Re: Took the plunge!

    Was in Milan this weekend and saw a black and red 599. The car is stunning in the flesh!

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 11/18/18 3:06 PM
    Topspeed
    402972 5189
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 11/17/18 12:03 AM
    Pilot
    320359 1966
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 11/18/18 4:03 AM
    Spyderidol
    269793 2962
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 11/7/18 2:43 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    211189 1077
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 11/15/18 6:23 PM
    BONES
    191082 2674
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/18/18 5:14 AM
    ZahirD
    122061 2410
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 11/15/18 12:15 PM
    RCA
    32132 316
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    14004 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    13293 31
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    522883 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    483262 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    278705 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/16/18 11:30 AM
    RCA
    263749 2611
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    191472 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/17/18 4:47 AM
    koko
    189421 1738
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/29/18 5:13 PM
    reginos
    178711 3212
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    142703 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 11/1/18 6:13 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    141900 2234
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128221 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111606 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106483 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 11/18/18 1:10 PM
    farina
    84418 1127
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 10/13/18 9:50 PM
    RCA
    66603 672
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57181 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    46643 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 11/14/18 12:48 PM
    lukestern
    43154 1395
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42811 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    41243 597
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/16/18 9:46 PM
    Topspeed
    39195 471
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/14/18 11:25 AM
    RCA
    39038 637
    284 items found, displaying 1 to 30.