Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread


    What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    The 997 and 987 share the 19" wheel design, but with the 997 wearing 295's on 11" wide wheels, I doubt this fits on the 987. Anyone know the front and rear wheel and tire measurements on the 987 S?

    Re: What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    Quote:
    998 said:
    The 997 and 987 share the 19" wheel design, but with the 997 wearing 295's on 11" wide wheels, I doubt this fits on the 987. Anyone know the front and rear wheel and tire measurements on the 987 S?



    Typically the 911 wheel widths and offsets are different from the Boxster/S.

    For example, the 18" Turbo Look II and Carrera wheels offered in 2003+ are only 7.5" wide in front and 9.0" in back, even though the 911 counterparts were larger, 8.0" in front, and 10.0" in the rear.

    For the 987, I would bet that the rear has gone to 10.0" for the 19" wheels. One easy way to tell would be to look at the wheel itself, Porsche tends to have this stamped right on the wheel.

    Regardless, you can fit the 911 wheels, usually with spacers, or having a different offset that handles it. For example, I know several people with aftermarket 10" wheels on their 986 running 285mm wide tires.

    Re: What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    Quote:
    998 said:
    The 997 and 987 share the 19" wheel design, but with the 997 wearing 295's on 11" wide wheels, I doubt this fits on the 987. Anyone know the front and rear wheel and tire measurements on the 987 S?



    According to Autocar (07/09/04) Boxster tyre specs are :-

    Boxster 17" 205/55ZR17 front 235/50ZR17 rear
    Boxster "S" 18" 235/40ZR18 front 265/40ZR18 rear
    Boxster "S" 19" 235/35ZR19 front 265/35ZR19 rear

    Re: What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    According to Autocar (07/09/04) Boxster tyre specs are :-

    Boxster 17" 205/55ZR17 front 235/50ZR17 rear
    Boxster "S" 18" 235/40ZR18 front 265/40ZR18 rear
    Boxster "S" 19" 235/35ZR19 front 265/35ZR19 rear



    So most likely 8" up front, but 9.5" or 10" at the rear? I think the 986 had a staggering of 1.5" between front and rear. Hopefully it's a fatter 10"

    Re: What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    If they are not 10" at the rear I will pass on the 19's and stick with the 18" size. More tires available at the 18" diameter anyway.

    The 18" Technology wheels which I believe are the latest wheels introduced for the current Boxster were 10" at the rear so perhaps this points to a new standard rear width.

    Re: What are the specs on the Boxster S wheels?

    Quote:
    RickJK said:
    If they are not 10" at the rear I will pass on the 19's and stick with the 18" size. More tires available at the 18" diameter anyway.

    The 18" Technology wheels which I believe are the latest wheels introduced for the current Boxster were 10" at the rear so perhaps this points to a new standard rear width.



    I thought I would have the 18" until I saw the 19" Carrera "S" wheels at my dealers. Awesome with the coloured wheel centres. Because of the lower aspect ratio of the 19" tyres, I was advised to also have the PASM. Not a fan of the new 18" wheels, a shame they didn't keep those elegant 18" Carrera wheels of the 986. But then no-one would want the 19". They aren't stupid at Porsche are they? (Always make the bigger wheels look better! Like the special metallics look better than the standard metallics. Didn't fall for that one

     
    Edit

    Forum

    Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017) 11/15/18 10:20 AM
    TB993tt
    402152 5188
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA 11/15/18 11:53 AM
    RCA
    319881 1957
    Porsche Sticky 992 (Next 911 generation 2019/2020) 11/15/18 9:51 PM
    CGX car nut
    266189 2943
    Porsche Sticky The moment I've been waiting for... 11/7/18 2:43 PM
    Pilot
     
     
     
     
     
    211023 1077
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017) 11/15/18 6:23 PM
    BONES
    189879 2674
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018) 11/15/18 12:01 PM
    RCA
    120724 2395
    AMG Sticky Mercedes E63 S AMG (2018) - Short Review (updated on a regular basis) 11/15/18 12:15 PM
    RCA
    31907 316
    Porsche Sticky Paint protection film 9/25/18 6:14 PM
    throt
    13948 121
    Porsche Sticky Child seats in a 991 6/18/18 8:51 PM
    Monkey
    13262 31
    Porsche 991 GT3 RS 1/9/18 1:43 PM
    Kimi
    522238 5816
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S 4/3/18 9:15 AM
    KresoF1
    483131 4254
    Porsche OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016) 9/13/18 10:12 AM
    RCA
    278339 2589
    Porsche Cayman GT4 11/15/18 7:11 PM
    d997h
    263038 2610
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo and Turbo S 1/23/18 12:27 AM
    RCA
    191401 1074
    Ferrari 488 GTB/GTS 11/13/18 5:52 AM
    KMM
    189089 1734
    McLaren McLaren on a winning streak 10/29/18 5:13 PM
    reginos
    178398 3212
    Porsche Boxster Spyder (981) 8/31/18 10:25 AM
    WAY
    142623 757
    Others Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016 model) - Review (updated Feb 13th 2017) 11/1/18 6:13 PM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    141481 2234
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Panamera (2016) 1/6/18 10:41 PM
    Wonderbar
    128124 1284
    Ferrari Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor 5/22/18 9:16 PM
    RCA
    111553 789
    Others VW caught cheating emissions tests 5/3/18 7:52 PM
    CGX car nut
    106426 871
    Porsche Porsche Mission E - the future of Porsche? 11/6/18 12:58 PM
    RCA
    83915 1119
    Porsche Donor vehicle for Singer Vehicle Design 10/13/18 9:50 PM
    RCA
    66517 672
    Porsche UPDATES: 2018 Porsche Cayenne 2/6/18 2:13 PM
    RCA
    57136 423
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Carrera GTS models 11/3/18 11:09 AM
    bluelines
    46583 477
    Others Tesla Roadster 11/14/18 12:48 PM
    lukestern
    42966 1395
    Others Tesla Model X Thread Closed 2/23/18 3:41 PM
    RCA
    42799 1122
    AMG AMG GT R 1/26/18 7:19 AM
    GoHardGT3RS
    41218 597
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017) 11/14/18 11:25 AM
    RCA
    38980 637
    Lambo Aventador and SV 11/15/18 10:54 PM
    Topspeed
    38826 466
    289 items found, displaying 1 to 30.